Vans Video Vault: Ryan Guettler 141

Ryan Guettler not only rides in the Vans Whip 3, he also designed it! Check out why he made it the way he did along with some great riding.
Double-click to edit
Read below to learn how you can win a bunch of awesome stuff from Vans!
Vans Video Vault: Ryan GuettlerThis time around Ryan Guettler is going to take your breath away with his new sleeker and lighter Whip 3! New colorways and the original Vans waffle sole are coming your way January 2010! We are giving away 10 pairs of the Whip 3 and Ryan's favorite Vans sunnys.

Come on kids you have to work for these...Let us know your favorite BMX memory in the comments below and Ryan will pick the 10 winners himself!

• FLORIDABMX

12/18/2009 7:31 PM

Not trying to be gay and name drop but one thing that made me think damn.... was being in the same room watching Rad with Ryan Nyquist. I saw him sitting there and I was like holy shit...like star struck. Hahahaha. He was always my favorite rider when i was tiny like 10 years old, First bike was a backtrail x1, had his little finger bike (same bike and color I had) with his character, and there he was chillin 3 feet from me. hahaha. Semi-embarassing but whatever. Being not too long ago shows memories can be made tomorrow

• DIMEBAG93

12/18/2009 6:25 PM

my favorite bmx memory was a few summers ago when i rode trails and all the kids that rode liked each other and we just had fun riding and building

• Sturla

12/18/2009 3:49 PM

My favorite riding memory is from last summer.
    I went out with my girl. I had my camcorder, a tripod and the most beautiful girl in the whole world. I rode and filmed for 2-3 hours and she loved watching me. I just loved getting inspired by her, the music and the great July weather of Iceland. After wards when we got home I imported the clips I had filmed and was so stoked on the footage I could hardly believe it!
    Love your new shoe by the way.
    Check what came out of those days and a couple more sessions alone here.

• ride a fit

12/18/2009 3:09 PM

my favorite bmx memory when i got my brand new bike and i was cursing down the sreet when i see Van Homan do a bunny hop manual on this ledge and i was like holy crap i want do that it looks awesome so i started to bmx.

• ConeMan

12/18/2009 2:56 PM

my favorite bmx memory was/is riding with my dad. its always fun to ride with my 45 year old dad and watch him hit most of the stuff i hit. its not very hard to convince him to take me to the trails. how many people can say that?

• FLORIDABMX

12/18/2009 2:00 PM

need a close up on the red. so glad they look good now and dont have those ugly graphics/ checkers

• ferg

12/18/2009 1:55 PM

my favorite bmx moment would prolly have to be when i first started to ride bikes an go around an look in the lakes an ditches by my house to find a next or a moongoose or if i was lucky i might find a dyno for me to ride an then take it out the lake an ride the local trails and watch a old props where they came thru my town an nyquist rode the trails by my house an imagine me doing the same tricks as him.

• chucky3418

12/18/2009 1:41 PM

i would have to say hands down my best bmx memory would have to b when it was my 8th birthday and i came home from my dads and my mom puller out a brand new dyno vfr and took me out to my first bmx track and got me into racing!!! that was the best day of my life!!!!!

• r3ligious sinn3r

12/18/2009 5:54 AM

man... so many... its like every time i get on my bike i can remember everything... i think my favorite memory of riding a bike was the first time i picked one up and started carving the local bowl in my hometown (back in the day). It was a sunny day and my parents had gotten me the bike for christmas. i didn't really know how to ride it that much (but over the years i got better). then one day i went to the skatepark and i was just ridin around. then a guy came up to me and taught me how to drop in. as soon as i got it dialed, it was like nothing in the world mattered. it was just me and my bike. i, then on learned to do tricks and realized that this is what i love to do. BMX

• mankindbmx

12/17/2009 7:40 PM

My favorite bmx memory is when i first got into bmx and tried to jump a picnic table at the park all my friends and i used to hang out at. A bunch of kids were cheering me on so i get up on the table get going and then i got nervous zoned out ,lost all my speed, face planted, and got my first ambulance ride and stitches. It was actually pretty fun because it made all my friends think i'm awesome

• pantera91

12/16/2009 8:01 PM

My favorite memory would have to be the fist time i did a tailwhip (for the first time) down a 10 stair it was the most nerve racking jump i ever did and when i nailed it i felt on top of the world. I have the whip 1 and 2 and i am hoping on getting whip number 3 vans are the only bmx shoe i ride with there the most comfortable and versatile shoe company out there.

• vitaldiseas

12/16/2009 1:33 PM

My best experience would have to be when i started to go off ramps over obstacle and when i tried to copy a game by going over trashcans and stuff and i got to tell you it waas the best adrenaline rush i ever had in my life and i will always be for ever a BMX rider

• T-Risely

12/16/2009 5:39 AM

My favourite BMX memory?

The first ever time I rode, I remember I was shitting myself about going down the halfpipe.

I did it eventually, and carried on doing it constantly thereafter.

• Hutch.

12/15/2009 8:06 AM

my favourite bmx memory was watching this video. haha

pretty dialed shoes

• kibbyster

12/11/2009 10:46 AM

My hellasweet jump on my pk ripper over almost 6 feet of tires stacked up( at least thats as tall as i remember it-lol). I slowly rode up and dropped into a bowl jump. steep down both sides. I had crashed into the tires about 10 times before. tucked the bike so my ass was on the rear wheel. felt like i was in the air for days. air jordan who. barely cleared the tires and a good landing. the high was short lived as I thought I could clear it better. miss judged this time and front tire wedged in the center of the tires and flipped it. no guts no glory. lol.

• mfreestyle_2000

12/10/2009 10:39 PM

My favorite BMX memory would have to be my first time as an OSI/camp counselor at Woodward West back in 2004. I meet Shawn Dorton who was super nice and he introduced me to Taj and his girlfriend at the time Amie. Shortly after Amie fell in the bowl in the hanger and knocked out her teeth. I was so scared to ride the ramps since they were so slick and after seeing what happened to her. I also met Adam Banton who was really nice along with Hollywood Mike and so many other cool riders. The whole atmosphere was so positive and made you ride at your full potential. Shortly after my visit to Woodward West I went out to California for a while and just rode my bike and stayed at my friend Annie’s house. We went to NORA cup for the first time at this club called ICE in Vegas. We stayed in this shady hotel just off the strip. So many amazing memories that year. So much fun!

• FLORIDABMX

12/10/2009 10:30 PM

Im getting these, my next pair of shoes. Cant choose on the red or black pair though.

• bmxrider1439

12/10/2009 1:59 PM

my favorite riding memory was a year ago at the 2nd Brawlin at the Belmar when Chris Doyle stomped best trick with a 720 over the double into the sunset....

• t-town bmx

12/10/2009 7:27 AM

my favorite bmx memorie has got to be my first competition. i didnt care if i did good or placed i was just there to have a good time. i did my run a tire grab a 360 a couple air outs and i actually got third. i was so stoked.that comp was at woodward west in tehachapi and thats where i live now so im am always there. i clean and they let me ride there for free. it is the coolest job in the world i get to ride with pros and anybody who comes. and now im living my dream. thanks for your time

• momsuzyzoo

12/9/2009 9:28 PM

Hi...My favorite riding memory happens EVERY DAY!!!!! I have 3 sons. Ages 17, 15 and 14. (my oldest is my profile pic) ...all 3 are EXCELLENT riders. We live in Henderson, NV and not a day goes by that I dont get to be in total AWE of the 3 of them sharing BMX riding at Anthem Skate Park, Pro Park,Metro and others.. They ride with and next to pros from all over the world. They have many stories to tell...but, my story is that IT IS AWESOME TO SEE 3 BROTHERS SHARE THE JOY OF ONE SPORT TOGETHER......something I know they will cherish for all the years to come!!!!!! Cpme see them at Anthem. Their names are Cody, Ty and Clayton ...aka: BMX for life Bros!!!!!!

Suesan

Hello Vital BMX Visitor,

We’re conducting a survey and would appreciate your input. Your answers will help Vital and the BMX industry better understand what riders like you want. Survey results will be used to recognize top brands. Make your voice heard!

Five lucky people will be selected at random to win a Vital BMX t-shirt.

Thanks in advance,