Vans Video Vault: Ryan Guettler 141

Ryan Guettler not only rides in the Vans Whip 3, he also designed it! Check out why he made it the way he did along with some great riding.
Double-click to edit
Read below to learn how you can win a bunch of awesome stuff from Vans!
Vans Video Vault: Ryan GuettlerThis time around Ryan Guettler is going to take your breath away with his new sleeker and lighter Whip 3! New colorways and the original Vans waffle sole are coming your way January 2010! We are giving away 10 pairs of the Whip 3 and Ryan's favorite Vans sunnys.

Come on kids you have to work for these...Let us know your favorite BMX memory in the comments below and Ryan will pick the 10 winners himself!

• CarlosBMX

12/7/2009 6:35 PM

My favorite BMX memory is the first time I rode BMX.

• nwstreetrider92

12/7/2009 6:25 PM

i remember the first time i got some vans.haha.i was like 7 years old and my mom took me to get some new shoes and she pointed to a pair then asked me if i wanted those.i said no and pointed to a different pair. they were vans.10 years later i've never bought a different brand.they're the shit! super comfy and styling!

my favorite memory of bmx....is probably everytime i hop on and go ride!
    it just takes me away to a place where i just block out everything else in my life and can actually go and have some fun.

• sean r more

12/7/2009 6:19 PM

My favorite BMX memory has to be from a couple summers ago. Everyone around here used to just ride up to the local track and hang out and ride all day. It wasn't much but we made the best of it. I remember waking up everyday going to the track and knowing I would see my friends there. They were always there. I bet iIcan still go up there and still see some of my friends just hanging out and riding. That has to be my best BMX memory.

• dallybiker45

12/7/2009 4:56 PM

my favorite moment in bmx would be when i got my crappy fit trail one and rite when i rode it out of the shop i landed a whip. a hop whip. then it got stolen got a new bike tho.

sick shoes mate and thx for the oppurnity for the chance to win your shoes

• Barajazz

12/7/2009 4:14 PM

A lot of people have different memories of bmx. Well here is mine. My favorite bmx memory was back in 2008. It was the end of the summer, on a saturday evening when I decided to go to the skatepark. As soon as I got to the skatepark I drop and started riding. First I got warmed up to do some tailwhips up a quater. At the time I was very fond on bunny hop whips, not that I could do one. It was just that I thought it was a really cool trick. A couple minutes later thea bmxer and his friend come into the skatepark. The guy drops in and does a tailwhip over not to big of a pyrmid. This was in the first minute he was in there. He then pops up out of the ramp and introduces hisself. And I was like dude was whip he was like ya man. Then I asked how long u been ridin for. He said 9 years. Approximately 10 seconds after, he cruses on flat ground, then does a "bunny hop tailwhip". That was the first time I had ever seen one before and it was totally awesome! It was so dope that when I saw it, and I swear it was in slow motion. Seeing that trick gave me so much motivation that I was inspired by bmx.
    That was my favorite BMX memory.

• kylecarlson

12/7/2009 4:06 PM

Toboggan to one handed table = dopest trick ever.

• axle 2023

12/7/2009 3:54 PM

One good memory I have about BMX is going to the mall one day and I see a trailer set up in the parking lot with a quarter pipe set up on the side of it. It was Eddie Fiola and Todd Anderson busting out mad air on it. Todd was blasting 10ft One footers and Eddie was throwing down flatland tricks. That was such a great day. I got my picture taken with Eddie that I still have to this day. It got even better years later now that I'm friends with Eddie on Facebook.

• Rosster182

12/7/2009 3:51 PM

myfavorite memory from riding bmx was the first day i got to ride at camp woodward riding there was like being a kid n a candy store cuz they hav everything u could want to ride and watching the pros and the other kids from ur cabin ride with you but my whip 2 's hav held up really well but there about a year old now and i would love to giv the whip 3s a try!

• brakelessrider13

12/7/2009 3:39 PM

My best memory of bmx was when I was about 11 watching a few kids with some custom bikes doing barspins and 540s

• headrush132

12/7/2009 3:38 PM

have most destined mem. is when i broke my hand it was just one of those day when i wanst feelin it and i tried to this rock in to a parking lot but dint hop high enough and when over the bar and landed on my hand

• fitrider08

12/7/2009 3:12 PM

my absolute best bmx memory was when i moved to my new home town pocklington, i didn't ride bmx then and i saw a load of guys shredding street and thought it looked cool then i went home....... and saw kevin robinson pull a double flair and i knew that i had to try bmx and ive loved it ever sincee..... that is the most meaningful thing thats happened in bmx to me but its allways a great buzz to land a sick trickkk

• RideBMX7587

12/7/2009 2:44 PM

My favortie bmx memory was my first year at woodward. i was in cloud 9 riding with seth klinger, ronnie napolitan, will thompson and a bunch of other guys. i was in the middle of learning tailwhips and they gave me all these tips on them and wouldnt let me leave the park until i landed one. well we all sat there for 3 hours til i finally got one. it was just really cool knowing they took that time outta there day to help me out.

• jordan hughson va

12/7/2009 2:42 PM

learning those wheelies son!

• evan t

12/7/2009 2:38 PM

i used to rollerblade and my friends were bmxers. one day my friend called me over and he had dirrt jumps. i felt left out because i couldn't ride cause i had rollerblades. one day i brought my crappy bmx bike over and was clearing the jumps. i can say i was kind of showing them up. from that day i started biking and loved it. in my first month of riding i ended up loving more but with 17 stitches in my leg and my head from riding street. i finally got a new bike and started riding the flow on my bike. i have only been riding since april and i've got a lot of tricks down. i would say my favorite momnet was when i cleared my friends dirt jump when they couldn't

• tylersabiker

12/7/2009 2:19 PM

id say my first memory thta got me into bmx was watching my bro building and watching him,tj lavin carey hart, jeff butterfield and all my bros build dirt jumps in vegas. and seein the old elf frames and gts frames schwinn and all the old bikes and just seein how much bmx has really changed and no longer are those companies around well gt is. and im glad cause there the ones that have been here from the start. im glad i have became a bmxer and see how much things have changed and progressed.my favorite vid of ryan is in the local exposure tour. hed backflip to fakie a qaurter at every park. then he also snapped hes chain doing a bikeflip. good old videos and good old time.

• OakPointBMX

12/7/2009 2:19 PM

My favorite bmx memory was the day I landed my first 180 because I heard that the road fools rock and roll tour was coming within driving distance and had never tried anything other than small manuals and low bunnyhops before that. I was so excited about landing the 180 that it was all I could think about during the over an hour drive to Eisenbergs in Plano, Texas. It was the first time I had ever seen a bicycle in a skatepark in person and I was mesmerized by how high everyone was going, I could just imagine how excited I would be if I ever could do those things and it made me really anxious to try so I've been riding ever since. Also having Ryan Nyquist standing in front of me and seeing Morgan Wade do multiple tire taps to front flips into the foam pit blew my mind, not to mention seeing his future wife riding the 11 foot halfpipe which after all these years I still won't touch was an incredible experience.

• KeatonH

12/7/2009 2:15 PM

my favorite memory is when i saw nigel sylvester at a demo at bike king in vegas

• J-O Dumas

12/7/2009 2:02 PM

everytime there is a good new about Mike Aitken's recovery is a favorite memory. When I saw Steven Moxley doing a barspin to footjamwhip on a 8 ft quarter a few months ago is a great memory too

• T Burke

12/7/2009 1:59 PM

My favorite memory is getting my very first bike without training wheels and jumping the curb in my front yard, and trying to see how high I could get.
    Good times......

• MirraCoNA

12/7/2009 1:47 PM

My favorite memory is when Dave Mirra tools his brakes off and ended up getting Daniel Dhers to take his off too! C'mon man I really need some shoes! Hook me up! Ryan your the best!!