Vans Video Vault: Ryan Guettler 141

Ryan Guettler not only rides in the Vans Whip 3, he also designed it! Check out why he made it the way he did along with some great riding.
Double-click to edit
Read below to learn how you can win a bunch of awesome stuff from Vans!
Vans Video Vault: Ryan GuettlerThis time around Ryan Guettler is going to take your breath away with his new sleeker and lighter Whip 3! New colorways and the original Vans waffle sole are coming your way January 2010! We are giving away 10 pairs of the Whip 3 and Ryan's favorite Vans sunnys.

Come on kids you have to work for these...Let us know your favorite BMX memory in the comments below and Ryan will pick the 10 winners himself!

• 401

12/7/2009 1:43 PM

Well, my earliest (and probably one of the best ones) BMX memory is the video that got me into BMX in the first place. It was Corey Martinez's part in one of the Federal videos. It's just him doing his thing a usual, but the 720 off the curved wall was something I never saw in my entire life. At that time, I was till riding a MTB and I didn't really know what BMXs were, since there was only one in my town (a green Kawasaki one. Go figure.).
    Therefore I decided to buy myself a DK complete (think it was a 2002 Venom or something) customized by a local website. The frame didn't last very long. The bars were already kind of bent. I liked the circus-style grips though. After that, I started saving money for my parts and ended up with my current setup, which I'm really satisfied with. Now I'm saving money for my video equipment.

As for the favorite memory, I must say that having a private riding/filming session in Vienna's best indoor skatepark, with some of the best local pros (Senad Grosic is an amazing rider!) is really something that is unforgettable. I hope to be this lucky to repeat the same experience.

Another fav memory (I hope it's not too much), is when I opened VitalBMX to discover that I'm one of the winners of SunRingle's "Name the rim" contest. I entered because I was bored and eventually ended up with a breand new front and rear wheelset. THANKS VITAL AND SUN!

That'd be it. I could keep on writing, but I figure I'd steal too much of your time. Thanks to Ryan and Vans for this contest.

Cheers from Croatia,
    Luka

• sharifzadeh

12/7/2009 1:32 PM

the greastest memory i have is when i took my training wheels off but my tiny hands couldnt reach brake lever so i coundnt stop so ran staiggt into a mercedes benz the owner talk to my dad and my dad didnt give a shit cause i learned how to ride a two wheeler

• SkeletonMan

12/7/2009 1:20 PM

I weer DC cos the tongs are fat CD"S are cool like DC AAAAAA got ya but vans are cool too [:}

• eyrocks

12/7/2009 1:10 PM

I really don't have a "favorite" BMX moment i just love BMX overall but if i had to choses i would choses is Daniel Dhers doing the cash roll, i just thought it was so crazy and it looked so cool, another one would be Dave Mirra doing the 360 no-handed backflip a.k.a the air traffic control. But these are just some of my favorite but really the BMX moment i will remember the most is when I first really discovered BMX, it was just this past summer that i have found it and i wan to spend all my time on my bike. I was originally a skater so i knew a bit about BMX then i kinda got tired of skateboarding so i was in my local bike shop and i saw a BMX bike so i did some looking and i was just amazed so i saved up enough money to buy a mirraco and it was the best feeling when i nailed my first bunny hop i practice everyday for 2-3 weeks straight. So these are some of my favorite BMX moments.

• clicked times two

12/7/2009 12:08 PM

My favorite bmx memory
    was when i was 20 years old
    and it was around january I believe.. 2010.
    my favorite bmx rider at the time, Ryan Guettler, was giving away some sunnys and a pair of shoes.
    And he looked at me and was like, Jeff Rogers you look like you need a pair of super light shoes with double-waffled soles made with the rider in mind and some sungoggles.
    I was like yeah? I think you're right.
    SO he gave me some vans and some sun glasses because he knew if he gave me these shoes
    and glasses
    I would accomplish great things.
    ON A SERIOUS NOTE. I broke my jaw about 3 or 4 months ago doing a flip lookback out of a pocket/hip at my local concrete park it was the worst experience of my life. I guess I over rotated and slammed my face on the ground. My mouth was wired shut for FIVE weeks I had to get 6 stitches in my chin and two metal plates in my jaw. I was in the hospital for four days. I lost over 30lbs due to the all liquid diet I was put on for five weeks, since my mouth was wired shut.. anways. After I recovered I managed to land the flip lookback over the same hip I broke my jaw on. It was such an amazing experience to overcome something I was so scared to do, which is why it has to be my favorite bmx memory.

Photobucketbmx

• kowoo

12/7/2009 11:47 AM

i think my favorite bmx memory is when I took of my training wheels after watching Dave Mirra trick tips and learned to bunny hop at 5 years i still watch that video!.. i saw Ryan at the vans store at wood field mall and the Chicago dew tour i me and my friend layne got a pic with him he's the best rider

• TroyThePenguin

12/7/2009 11:00 AM

My most relevant memory to this little contest is when I was a little brat at woodward west and Guettler was there in the hanger yelling pick up lines at gymnasts for two hours! I think its ok to say this if not sorry Ryan... just keep up the good work.

• steijn

12/7/2009 10:49 AM

my favorite bmx memory is the bmx worlds last year!
    i'm from holland, and there always are a lot of dutch bmxers, i made sooo much new friends and wil never forget the party's, they where awsome! It was awesome! I never had more fun!

• coryfoust

12/7/2009 10:01 AM

one of my favorite bmx memories was when i was able to dig on the target jumps at woodward with ryan himself. riding them was only half the fun. you gotta put in work to get the reward.

• damo81

12/7/2009 9:24 AM

my favourite bmx memories would have to be when me and a mate went to beenleigh skatepark (Ryans Guettlers home park) and Colin Mckay came and helped me and my friend learn the wallride and stuff like that there and put us in his video. my other favourite bmx memory was when i was at my local park and vans and colony and forgotten crew came out and had a jam and it was really cool and Ryan popped his tire hahaaha

• bmxmag

12/7/2009 9:23 AM

My best memory of BMX was when I was the first time biking in ''everland'''. I saw BMX'ers shredding. I saw BMX'ers do huge airs and barspins and tailwhips! At that time I thought: ''Wow, I want to ride BMX''! I didn't now anybody besides my friend in ''everland''. I walked to everybody and keep them busy with my questions about BMX. Now I can do barspins and airs. And also now I keep the pro's busy with my questions and I keep looking at them, and the huge airs and tailwhips and barspins. BMX is just keep shredding and making fun, it's no competition like soccer. It's just different, much more fun! BMX is different than soccer because you can be different than someone else, you can do other tricks. I LIKE BMX!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• ben c

12/7/2009 9:10 AM

my favourite bmx memory is back when i lived in germany.
    im from england and my dad is in the british army and he was stationed over in germany.
    anyway, back in the winter of 2007 i got my 1st bike and went down to the skatepark on it, of course evryone there was German but that didnt matter because we all had one thing in common, BMX.
    I made some great friends for life because of our love for BMX and even know we spoke different languages we all loved loved loved BMx, and that is my fondest memory of BMX.
    thanks for reading!

• Barman

12/7/2009 9:01 AM

my best bmx-memory would be, going the first time to summer camp in mellowpark Berlin. Being scared of the trails in the beginning but flowing around them at the end of the week. Best feeling in the world!! Love vans and loved al the whip shoes. And Ryan is one of my favorite riders for sure!!!

• thegwz

12/7/2009 8:55 AM

I rember a time that wasnt to long ago when me and three of my friends went to a skate park and we all fit into an eclips, the funny thing was is that three of us are over 200 lbs so everytime we hit a bump or made a turn on the highway we would have to lean the other way so the wheel wouldnt rub on the wheel well that was a good day of riding and smelling like burned rubber.

• dhite

12/7/2009 8:49 AM

My fav. bmx memory was a few years ago we had a car full of 7 of us with bikes kind of hanging halfway out the trunk of the car going to kokomo IN to ride dks and pipeline..we ran out of gas just outside of kokomo and some of us rode to buy a gas can and then like a mile to get gas... it was really fun kinda like a long cruise to the park if ya know what im sayin lol...but yeah lotta fun...

sick vid...dope shoes(id wear em) lol

if anyones in the christmas giving mood my bike is still gone and im broke...so uh nvm lol 21tt 8"bars

• Tommyboy

12/7/2009 8:42 AM

my favorite bmx memory would probably be my first 360 i landed ever, which was last summer. I drove over an hour to a skate park with some of my friends in my mini van, it was a hot summer day, and there was this one ramp that seemed to launch you perfect, and after about 4 hours of trying, i finally landed one, then another, then on the next one, i slammed my back tire on a grind bench which popped my tube and dented my rim. but i still landed a 360 and it felt awesome!

• gernz

12/7/2009 8:34 AM

my best memory was when this kid came to the skatepark and said he was gonna try a backflip, so he did one over a hip and got half way round and landed on his back. So then he gets up and does it again and got further around, landed on his chest and didn't get hurt. legend!

• untoldude

12/7/2009 8:29 AM

My favorite memory happened this week when I saw the photos of Mike Aitken going up & down a rail, He is a very big inspiration to me & probably most of the BMX community. How he got back from almost dying, then to hearing that he will probably never ride a bike again. He re-learned how to talk & walk, & after all the hard work he put in it finally paid off & he got to ride his bike again. His style of riding is amazing to watch & I can't wait to see what he has in store for coming back after all this!

That's my memory, Thanks.

• Twrecks

12/7/2009 7:37 AM

One of the most memorable moments in bmx for me would have to be sessioning with big daddy in the foam pit at incline. That and landing a backflip for the first time.

• Crano

12/7/2009 6:48 AM

the best memory riding bikes ive had is just spending 4 days from 7 in the morning to about 10 at night building dirt jumps and riding them and slowly making them bigger and bigger and all the local scooter kids had all put down there scooters and turned up at the jumps with a shovel and there haros and they were all getting stoked on building and jumping them and just having fun on a bike, it just makes u feel good inside when u see 20 kids on haros who u had seen a week earlier at the local park snaking u on a scooter, i love your shoes man they are sick and i am in need of a new pair of shoes haha. Aussie Pride.