Vans Video Vault: Ryan Guettler 141

Ryan Guettler not only rides in the Vans Whip 3, he also designed it! Check out why he made it the way he did along with some great riding.
Double-click to edit
Read below to learn how you can win a bunch of awesome stuff from Vans!
Vans Video Vault: Ryan GuettlerThis time around Ryan Guettler is going to take your breath away with his new sleeker and lighter Whip 3! New colorways and the original Vans waffle sole are coming your way January 2010! We are giving away 10 pairs of the Whip 3 and Ryan's favorite Vans sunnys.

Come on kids you have to work for these...Let us know your favorite BMX memory in the comments below and Ryan will pick the 10 winners himself!

• wtp justice

12/7/2009 6:43 AM

i rather just ride with my nike 6.0 ID's

• bigfootbmx33

12/7/2009 6:36 AM

vans is the best

• joe f

12/7/2009 5:54 AM

dang. vans are my favorite shoes, im rocking some half cabs right now and they are great. i love riding bikes and i want to do it as much as i can .......but i sort of broke my coller bone a couple days ago, hahaha oh well its all good. ok lets see the best time in bmx for me was when i met the first person who had a nice bike ang that could actuly ride it good. his name was tyler and he grew up riding sarasota fl with profiles conal cenan. back then i was riding some janky little 19 inch race bike and i sucked.

• Maggzz

12/7/2009 4:46 AM

I life in a town called Selfoss in Iceland, it is a park here but so tiny, like one spine and very small funbox. So me and my friends just build our own park next to my house, a transfer and ramps and boxes and just allot of things. It was so much fun doing it and still today we are making ramps for the park, this is probably my best BMX memory

It would be cool to win a pair of the shoes because Iceland don´t sell BMX shoes

But thank you

• minka

12/7/2009 4:39 AM

not a old memory but thats for sure the best when i saw few days ago the two photos of Mikey grinding a handrail again!thats inspiring my riding a lot!thats kind of things that u dont forget and u will remember it all youre life,couse he is a true soldier!

• identity777

12/7/2009 4:17 AM

when ryan did a 1080 at the dew tour in 2005 and won the comp! Youre my hero Ryan

• bmxrules7

12/7/2009 3:53 AM

My favorite memory was at the dew tour stop in clevland ohio, i got to meet the whole vans team and got a red helmet signed by the whole team, i also got an issue of ridebmx signed. The best part was when i handed it to ryan he hadent seen the issue yet so he flipped through the pages, i thought it was pretty cool.

• cupovjoe

12/7/2009 2:07 AM

my favorite memory is when all the Fuquay trails crew went and had the most ballin jam ever with hot dogs and all sorts of people came out from all over carolina just to ride at the trails i worked on every week just for this type of occasion and towards the end of the day i finally grab enough balls to hit the most ballin amazing line in NC hands down like straight up third jump is the best feeling ever invented. go through the entire line second try and am probably the most stoked ever. after that i just start flowin it and when that happens i start making space ship sounds because there is nothing better than flowing a huge set while making spaceship sounds. and there must be nothing better than making spaceship sounds in front of your friends while flowing a huge set. then, this one guy was sellin these ballin tees at the jam and was like, "alright anyone who worked their ass of to get this place running gets a shirt, anyone else is ten dollars" and i was like sweeeeeeeet!

Probably the best day ever. . .
    so far at least.

• JohannesVarkki

12/7/2009 1:57 AM

Hei, Ryan! I am a rider from Estonia and I have riden bmx for 3 and a half years now. With 3 years I have had so many positive memories and some bad injuries, but I thought I would talk about this one contest: Ülemiste freestyle '07.
    Me and my friend Andu thought to just go and watch the event, because we both had riden bmx for such a little time then. The contest point was that there was a track with multiple obstacles, like a dirt jump, ditch, a car wreck etc., and you had to clear the course faster than your opponent. When we got there, at first we just watched how some riders were practising, there were only 15 riders or smth and the announcer kept calling in for more riders. I decided to try the track before, which I did, and the dirt jump was the biggest I had ever jumped, but still I decided to compete, after I had signed my name I had such an andrenaline rush, because it was my first contest. I had two qualification runs and through mirracle or smth I managed to win them both, adrenaline pumping like never before and my GT complete bikes bars bent like never before, I steped into the finals with two other guys who had very dialed bikes. I got a third place and a nice trophy and some red bull. It was so far the best day in my bmx life - I had won my first award in my first contest

• Jordz84

12/7/2009 1:25 AM

the maddest fucking sweetest bmx memory for me was when i met Colin Mackay at my cousins wedding where she married his brother, i was stoked! He gave me a tee that night and laterzz in the mail i got 2 strictly shirts, a VANS tee, and a rockstar tee, oh and atleast 100 stickerss Smile Colin mackay and Ryan Guettler are my favourite , maddest fucking sweetest riders out..they influence me to keep riding and trying new shit..i also need new shoes badly, my loteks are falling apart.. Laterzz

• Smithers

12/7/2009 12:26 AM

Ryan, you are the biggest maddog/legend ever!! your such a cool guy and an absolutely SICK rider.
    My favourite memory of riding bmx for me so far was when I was a the jam at menai skatepark a few months ago. Everyone there just was so sweet not only at riding, but they were such mad dudes. I met so many awesome guys, learnt heaps of new tricks, won some new parts, and had one of the best times of my life. I just didn't want to leave!! That is easily the best day on a bmx that I have ever had. The bmx scene in Australia is so awesome and I wouldn't have it any other way. Every bloke you meet is so nice and basically all of them are so good too! and even better about Australian bmx, is that nearly everytime you go to a good place, you'll meet a pro and it just tops your day. They are all such great dudes. Like just the other day, I was at monster and Andy Buckworth was there. He is awesome and he even helped me learn some new stuff. I'm just so happy with how bmx is over here man.
    Btw Ryan, you'd know a awesome bloke named Julian Green, wouldn't you? Well he/his shop were they main organisers of the jam. Just felt like telling you. ahaha :D
    YOU ABSOLUTELY ROCK MAN AND IT WOULD MEAN SO MUCH TO ME TO WIN THIS STUFF!!! GO THE AUSSIES!!!!!!!!

• gizmo666

12/7/2009 12:10 AM

I have run so many pairs of whips I can't give a number. WIll have them for life! Guett's is the man. Only thing though is it looks like the whip 3's don't have impact absorb?? Bummer if they don't but I'll still get em!

• BRAKELESS-BMX14

12/6/2009 11:59 PM

Well my favorite BMX memory was when i had just turned 13 years old.

(This is what got me into BMX)

Me and some family were going to the Phoenix Zoo and believe it or not they allow bikes into the park. So we went and i ended up bringing my old mongoose. It was in april and it was already getting pretty hot. And all i remember was just being in my own world i mean it was just amazing to me to discover someting that you like (And now love with a passion) was just amazing to me. They had theese little dirt trails at the back of the park by the lions LOL. And i remember going back there and just pedaling as fast as a little 13 year old boy could. Probaby going faster than they wanted me to but i didnt care one bit because i was having SO much fun. It was just a GREAT time and now ive been riding for 2 1/2 years now and dont play on stoping anytime soon.
    And the ONLY Bmx shoes i wear are VANS!!!!
    So a HUGE thanks to Ryan, Vans, And VitalBMX for the opportunity to win some awesome Vans Whip3 shoes.

Thanks Guys!! :-)

• ramsapes

12/6/2009 11:52 PM

my greatest moment in bmx history is when i came home from school really tired.... got a soda from the fridge.... sat on the sofa ...........got the remote turn on the tv........... was going threw the channels and there i saw it ................. the most beautiful thing i have ever seen ..................kevin robinson doing a double flair at x games 12 ever since then ive been riding bmx

• a Justin

12/6/2009 11:20 PM

dam

• clintos

12/6/2009 11:01 PM

although i have lots of memories of good times with riding just to be different and keep it short and sweet
    one of things in bmx i will never ever forget dates back to 2006 at the san jose dew stop in dirt finals when it was aussies that took 1st to 6th and i believe ryan actually took the top spot that day, that day id never been more stoked to be australian and was so proud of all the guys that contest and the amazing riding they threw down then and still continue to do, hopefully one day they get the recognition they deserve not just by the bmx scene over here like they already do but just everyone else in australia cause all the guys over there now are a great inspiration to myself and many other bmxers here in australia

• abod

12/6/2009 10:51 PM

i just got vans whip 2s. fml. haha.

my favorite memory is when i was at the fox pedal to the metal tour and my friend popped my tire so i told him he had to help me fix it and we were in the skatepark and some dude walks by and i just look up and ask him for help and then i look at him and its mike aitken. i couldnt get the tire off of the rim and it turns out he had a metal tire lever in his hand (we were using plastic ones that couldnt do the job) and he got it off first try. such a nice dude to help out two 14 year old kids who couldnt get their tire off. mike aitken is my hero.

and btw, im on my 3rd pair of whip 2's and would be stoked as FUCK if you would pick me. i love your shoe and will never wear anything besides it.

Photobucket

• joshbrown

12/6/2009 10:48 PM

any Stephen Murray benefit jam will always be memorable for ever! and also just having a good time down at the local Cleveland! (Australia) with Alex, mitch, jesse, joel, tim. and my first time to beeno was a treat aswell, all the guys being super nice, and being able to ride a vert ramp for the first time was incredible!

• bmx-is-sweet

12/6/2009 10:47 PM

my favorite bmx memory is when i met ryan guettler at five dock sk8park january 08'

• SantapaulaSam

12/6/2009 10:44 PM

Vans !!

Hello Vital BMX Visitor,

We’re conducting a survey and would appreciate your input. Your answers will help Vital and the BMX industry better understand what riders like you want. Survey results will be used to recognize top brands. Make your voice heard!

Five lucky people will be selected at random to win a Vital BMX t-shirt.

Thanks in advance,