4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Let's see 'em... 22/24/26" BMX bikes!

4/25/2012 10:14 AM

just got it yesterday!

sunday model c 2012
got some primo pegs for it, took the brake off and cut the grip flanges off cos i cant stand them.

not rode it properly yet, gonna give it a trial without brake first.

4/25/2012 10:16 AM

Nice. The Wave/Model C is gonna be my next bike.

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

4/29/2012 6:03 PM

4/30/2012 2:04 PM

That's a nice looking frame... what is that?

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

4/30/2012 4:41 PM

It's a liquid in plum pearl grey.

5/1/2012 6:33 AM

NIce liquid. where did you get the tires?

5/1/2012 8:10 AM

thanks, I got them from albes which they ordered for me along with the rims and spokes. danscomp has them in stock.

5/3/2012 11:05 PM

Not the best 26 street edit but for now it will do

5/4/2012 5:31 AM

26 long long time rocketman wrote: Not the best 26 street edit but for now it will do

Thats fucking great for a 26" that not pro

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/4/2012 6:53 AM

26 long long time rocketman wrote: Not the best 26 street edit but for now it will do

Brokenbmx wrote: Thats fucking great for a 26" that not pro

thanks! i was mad that my 3 was sketch but it was because i filmed it after the fact, in my next one ill take more time to get clips

5/8/2012 8:54 PM

ponder the 36" wheel...

Photobucket

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/9/2012 1:29 AM

looks like so much fun to barspin hahaha

5/9/2012 7:37 AM

Holy hell, that's rad. How does it ride?

5/9/2012 7:59 AM

iamtim wrote: Holy hell, that's rad. How does it ride?

i wish i knew. there all full custom fabs right now. hopefully the make one big time. i would never go mountain biking with it. way too much wheel

5/17/2012 1:38 AM

damn a 26 inch would be dope, maybe a specialized p24 or something, possibly buying a specialized rockhopper soon but gonna convert it to single speed, feel like id end up snapping the deraileur hanger off fast haha, probably not though i might just concentrate on getting a volume thrasher started

5/17/2012 5:26 AM

stueymoyerbmx wrote: damn a 26 inch would be dope, maybe a specialized p24 or something, possibly buying a specialized rockhopper soon but gonna convert it to single speed, feel like id end up snapping the deraileur hanger off fast haha, probably not though i might just concentrate on getting a volume thrasher started

look into a P2. tha might solve your issue between Rockhopper and P24. btw i work at a specialized dealer so feel free to ask any questions.

5/17/2012 7:36 PM

2010 Subrosa Letum 24

5/18/2012 10:45 PM

stueymoyerbmx wrote: damn a 26 inch would be dope, maybe a specialized p24 or something, possibly buying a specialized rockhopper soon but gonna convert it to single speed, feel like id end up snapping the deraileur hanger off fast haha, probably not though i might just concentrate on getting a volume thrasher started

Brokenbmx wrote: look into a P2. tha might solve your issue between Rockhopper and P24. btw i work at a specialized dealer so feel free to ask any questions.

so do i haha thats why i like specialized, seems like theyre the only bikes that dont constantly have problems with them like cannondale or raleigh

6/12/2012 1:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 1:47 AM

Just picked up this Stolen Saint a few weeks back, few mods so far as can be seen (used as a commuter so I sit a lot, hence the massively high seat!).

Got a few things lined up to change over the next few weeks - 990 front brake setup, white sprocket and chain, matte white rims and spokes, and no doubt countless other changes to come since I spend half my work day looking for BMX parts on various websites ever since buying it.

6/12/2012 4:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 4:25 AM

Glad to see another Saint. Mine is below. My seatpost is set as it is in the picture when I'm actually attempting to do tricks and what not (i'm real old and rusty and this is my first BMX bike since the 80s). When I'm actually riding around the neighborhood, and just "cruising" I jack my seat up pretty close to where yours is. The only thing I've changed out is the seat/post. I just have a generic 4130 chrome post and a Bontrager seat. It's light and comfy though, and has this light blue stitching that sort of matches my rims, so I'm happy for now, the bike shop threw the post/seat in for free.

I've got a set of 8" rise Amber Veil bars, matte black, that I'd like to install. But the other day just as I was getting ready to do so, my 3 year old daughter informed me that the black bars were ugly and not fancy at all. She liked silver much better and said it was fancy, and not to change them. Anyone with kids this age (especially girls) knows what I'm talking about. Needless to say, I have put off putting the bars on, for now.

"Being good gets you stuff. Being stuff gets you good."

6/12/2012 4:50 AM

Nice bike! If you do end up putting the 8's on let me know how it feels. With my seat jacked that much I could do with some higher bars...was considering even going to a 9'...

I was seriously contemplating the silver since I already have 2x 20" BMX's in matte black...but I just couldn't resist I love matte black haha.

Looks really nice though, kinda makes me wish I went with the silver...a local bike shop has these on sale for $299 AU at the moment...maybe I should pick up a silver/blue too...hmmm...

6/12/2012 11:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 11:12 AM

pro$pector wrote: Nice bike! If you do end up putting the 8's on let me know how it feels. With my seat jacked that much I could do with some higher bars...was considering even going to a 9'...

I was seriously contemplating the silver since I already have 2x 20" BMX's in matte black...but I just couldn't resist I love matte black haha.

Looks really nice though, kinda makes me wish I went with the silver...a local bike shop has these on sale for $299 AU at the moment...maybe I should pick up a silver/blue too...hmmm...

The grass is always greener (or blacker, or silverer) on the other side! I sorta feel the same way. I was originally looking for the Black/Copper, but the bike shop nearby that I found that actually stocked the Saint only had the Silver/Blue, but It did look really nice. And my daughter told me she wanted me to get the blue/silver one. She has a lot of influence for a 3 year old. lol.
So I went with Silver. At the end of the day I was fine with either, but went with what was available. But I still sometimes look at it and think I may have liked the Black better. But if I had gotten the Black one, I'd probably be drooling over the Silver. You can't win unless you just buy an army of these things.

I was interested in the higher bars, because I tend to lean quite a lot on my wrists when I'm riding around. My thought was the slightly higher bars might take a little weight off my arms. They were also on sale for $10US. I'll definitely post pics and my thoughts on it when I do it.

Did you remove all the Saint's stickers other than the "STOLEN" on the down tube? I took most of the off, though I still have the handlebar sticker on, and the two stickers on the fork. The fork will probably be next to go. The "CYCLONE" sticker looks a little cheezy.

6/12/2012 2:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 2:22 PM

I found a free moment and put the black bars on. Haven't had a chance to truly ride yet because it's raining like crazy outside. I probably should have been building an ark instead. So here it is... disclaimer #1, sorry about the crappy cellphone quality pics, disclaimer #2, sorry about the junky garage background...

6/12/2012 3:34 PM

Those bars look huge - only 8's right?

Guess I'm ordering some of them today!

6/12/2012 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 5:26 PM

pro$pector wrote: Those bars look huge - only 8's right?

Guess I'm ordering some of them today!

Yup... 8". When you hold them up to the 7.25" stock bars they do match up as expected, about a three quarters of an inch difference.
But the look is totally different. It looks more proportional in a way. The shorter bars made it look "stumpy" to me.

As I said, haven't truly ridden yet, but sitting on it and hopping in place and stuff like that already feels way better. That three quarters of an inch really goes a long way I guess. I like the black bars look too. Starting to feel like its more "mine".
Can't wait till the rain clears so I can do some real riding.o

6/12/2012 5:21 PM

I agree. I think that bigger bars look better on a 24" bike, especially a bike like the Saint with "freestyle" geometry. It makes it look more like a big, fully proportional 20" bike.

6/13/2012 2:50 AM

Sweet, did you have any issues getting the grips off the old bars? What method did you use?

6/13/2012 2:57 AM

OK looking at the Stolen Cell Bars in white - can get 8" / 8.25" or 8.65" from Danscomp...

Would the 8.65's be too big and look silly? Or do you think they would look OK with my jacked seat?

6/13/2012 6:10 AM

pro$pector wrote: Sweet, did you have any issues getting the grips off the old bars? What method did you use?

In the interest of keeping this thread for people showing off their bikes, I'm going to virtually move this conversation to my "8" bars on Stolen Saint" thread. Look for a reply over there.

6/13/2012 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2012 10:11 AM

My bike. Love this thing......

Liquid frame 22.25
S&M Race fork
Shadow rear hub 10 tooth
WTP front hub
Sun Rhyno Lite rims
Fly cranks
Fly 25 tooth sprocket
Welgo MG-1 Pedals
Specialized rhythm Lite tires
Liquid bars
Primo Grips
Fit Foster Stem
FSA Headset
Fly brakes
McNeil seatpost
Diamond Back seat
Tech 77 lever

I think that's everything.
Post a Reply to: Let's see 'em... 22/24/26" BMX bikes!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm