4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

ok... i found her. now help me find stuff she likes

6/12/2012 11:58 PM

ok so i just picked this up few days ago. i just got into street bmx this past jan. but hate how to 20 felt on me... so now i found her and need alot of work done i know i gotta get new bb but wat i need to know is wat gear rato to run? 175 crank set or 180? i had some lil bars on it like 2' rise but now it a 5" rise and it feels good but do i need to go biger? and can i get bmx hubs on this? im be buying parts little by little and just wanna know some input on what you will do. thanks
oh and btw this is the 2003 with the dobble butt not the sell out ones they did with walmart

6/14/2012 11:04 PM

what do you want to buy?

I like 175's
I run 25/10

bmx hubs will fit. Maybe get some nice wheels. Danscomp has some great rims and always has deals on hubs.

Maybe new seat/post?

My thought is always, if it aint broke, don't fix it....

6/19/2012 6:53 PM

For street riding? 175s with 25/9 or 25/10.

I prefer bigger bars on my 24s. I'm running 8" bars with a front-load stem on my race bike, and 7.75" bars with a top-load stem on my street bike. But I'm 6'3" tall, so take that into consideration.

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

6/19/2012 7:00 PM

Id start with a smaller sprocket

7/3/2012 9:23 AM

ok so i found some parts from my 20" riders near me.... i got a sunday top load stem, Cult Leader V2 Bars 8.5 rise w/blue odi longnecks, Primo powerbite Cranks 175, some 25t sprocket, a wethepeople back hub, and snm bottom bracket. put it all togather and now i have a sound that driving me nuts. im post pix soon but one thing is for sure im in love whit this bike. feels like my 20" bike but when i was 10. im getting tires and sun rims next

8/20/2012 11:39 AM

just painted my bike and wanted to show it off gone build it back up when i get my dans comp order in on wed
let me know what you think

8/20/2012 4:48 PM

First thing I would have to do is get rid of that seat. I hate those big arse couches on kick ass bikes.

8/20/2012 11:46 PM

Nightsblood wrote: First thing I would have to do is get rid of that seat. I hate those big arse couches on kick ass bikes.

you mean get rid of a seat that could be actually comfortable when sat on? Kids these days like those damn no padding seats...i remember when the softer the seat the better it was...and before that it was big plastic seats, lol.

8/21/2012 3:02 AM

Nightsblood wrote: First thing I would have to do is get rid of that seat. I hate those big arse couches on kick ass bikes.

sbc785 wrote: you mean get rid of a seat that could be actually comfortable when sat on? Kids these days like those damn no padding seats...i remember when the softer the seat the better it was...and before that it was big plastic seats, lol.

Agree totally, not only are those little plastic seats uncomfortable, they look stupid as shit.

My Saint came with one and it went straight in the rubbish.

8/21/2012 6:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2012 6:11 AM

sbc785 wrote: you mean get rid of a seat that could be actually comfortable when sat on? Kids these days like those damn no padding seats...i remember when the softer the seat the better it was...and before that it was big plastic seats, lol.

pro$pector wrote: Agree totally, not only are those little plastic seats uncomfortable, they look stupid as shit.

As far as Im concerned, those padded seats are new school. I began riding in the early seventies and throughout the eighties we didnt have those seats. We had the hard plastic seats. Thats what I still ride today. Who the hell sits on their seat? Those big cushy seats look terrible and they kill the lines of the bike. So just for the record, Im not one of the "kids these days" as you put it. Im just an older guy that rides his bike.

8/21/2012 6:54 AM

hey i love my seat i got it helps alot one is with bar spin it ez to pinch another is im in nyc and me and the bros around we ride spot to spot for hours and than to sit down for a lil it nice to have the seat i got.
bike is half built up and throw some pix up later when i get home

thanks for input aswell guys

8/21/2012 3:37 PM

pro$pector wrote: Agree totally, not only are those little plastic seats uncomfortable, they look stupid as shit.

Nightsblood wrote: As far as Im concerned, those padded seats are new school. I began riding in the early seventies and throughout the eighties we didnt have those seats. We had the hard plastic seats. Thats what I still ride today. Who the hell sits on their seat? Those big cushy seats look terrible and they kill the lines of the bike. So just for the record, Im not one of the "kids these days" as you put it. Im just an older guy that rides his bike.

I sit down way more than I stand up on my 24" since I use it for a daily commuter, so of course I want a comfy seat.

...and looking at the height you have your post raised in your photos (far from slammed) I would hazard a guess that you like to sit down too.

Each to their own - I think thin plastic seats look stupid as shit and they aren't practical, plus I like to have some comfort when I sit - easy choice!

8/21/2012 5:29 PM

Nightsblood wrote: As far as Im concerned, those padded seats are new school. I began riding in the early seventies and throughout the eighties we didnt have those seats. We had the hard plastic seats. Thats what I still ride today. Who the hell sits on their seat? Those big cushy seats look terrible and they kill the lines of the bike. So just for the record, Im not one of the "kids these days" as you put it. Im just an older guy that rides his bike.

pro$pector wrote: I sit down way more than I stand up on my 24" since I use it for a daily commuter, so of course I want a comfy seat.

...and looking at the height you have your post raised in your photos (far from slammed) I would hazard a guess that you like to sit down too.

Each to their own - I think thin plastic seats look stupid as shit and they aren't practical, plus I like to have some comfort when I sit - easy choice!

Actually no, I never sit on my bike. Its raised because thats the way I grew up. These seats slammed on top of the tires just dont look right, to me anyway. Absolutley, to each his own. I tried sitting the other day which lasted about three seconds. Im 6'1 which I dont think is all that tall and my knees were in my chest. My seat is there for looks only.

1/20/2013 12:09 PM

if you dont mind me saying have you considerd one of these?
http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/470294/Federal_Fat_Logo_Pivotal_Seat.html

3/26/2013 3:44 PM

cjpfc1499 wrote: if you dont mind me saying have you considerd one of these?
http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/470294/Federal_Fat_Logo_Pivotal_Seat.html

dont bump old threads. you will get pushed around for it. just a tip.

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face

California Living

4/2/2013 5:22 PM

Now that it's bumped, though, I'd love to see pics of this bike rebuilt after the paint job.

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

Post a Reply to: ok... i found her. now help me find stuff she likes

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm