4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Custom Painted Fit BF1 (Lots Of Pics!)

7/9/2012 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2012 7:08 PM

Updated bike check finally! New chain that i got a while ago and new forks from a friend.



Frame: 2011 Fit BF1 - 20.5" Top Tube (Custom painted by me)

Bars: S&M Hoder Bars (Cut to 28.5ish")

Grips: Cult x Vans

Stem: Sunday Freeze

Headset: Animal Integrated

Forks: Stolen Vortex (Got them off friend for free)

Front tire: Demolition Momentum 2.35

Front wheel: Stock

Seat: Shadow Conspiracy Crow Pivotal

Seat clamp: Don't know...

Chain: KMC

Sprocket: FitBikeCo. 25T

Cranks: Stock 175mm

Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC

Back tire: Demolition Momentum 2.20

Back wheel: Stock

Wish List: New wheels eventually!















































Hope you like it! Remember to leave me some feedback!

7/10/2012 1:07 PM

Frame an chain colourpoint match kinda ruins it for me

7/10/2012 1:12 PM

silver or black chain and you're good to go, looks amazing.

Refs: mgbmx666, Fit.Team.Rider, SharifZadeh

7/10/2012 2:37 PM

Yeah, when i was building the bike yesterday, i was kinda thinking of sanding down the chain.. Eventually though!

7/10/2012 4:52 PM

Paint cranks and new chain! Otherwise looks awesome.

Noah Farver
717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.
Sig

7/10/2012 6:18 PM

Nike iD wrote: Paint cranks and new chain! Otherwise looks awesome.

Yeah, i was gonna paint my cranks the same as my frame, but i didn't have enough paint and was too lazy to sand the paint off my chain... i will soon though!

7/10/2012 6:49 PM

Nice job with the paint and the signature! haha
Pretty much the same colours as my old bike except with the red chain.

7/10/2012 7:28 PM

Just strip the paint it'd be alot easier haha

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/10/2012 7:37 PM

brianoob wrote: Nice job with the paint and the signature! haha
Pretty much the same colours as my old bike except with the red chain.

That's sickkk

7/10/2012 7:45 PM

Spenlard wrote: Just strip the paint it'd be alot easier haha

yeah, that's what i'm planning to do

7/11/2012 3:47 PM

that looks sick we have the same colour scheme http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Finally-its-here,1259256

7/11/2012 3:56 PM

Ben_Holland wrote: that looks sick we have the same colour scheme http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Finally-its-here,1259256

haha, nice! i really like your silver sprocket and black chain on yours!

7/11/2012 5:54 PM

KyleBikes wrote: Updated bike check finally! New chain that i got a while ago and new forks from a friend.



Frame: 2011 Fit BF1 - 20.5" Top Tube (Custom painted by me)

Bars: S&M Hoder Bars (Cut to 28.5ish")

Grips: Cult x Vans

Stem: Sunday Freeze

Headset: Animal Integrated

Forks: Stolen Vortex (Got them off friend for free)

Front tire: Demolition Momentum 2.35

Front wheel: Stock

Seat: Shadow Conspiracy Crow Pivotal

Seat clamp: Don't know...

Chain: KMC

Sprocket: FitBikeCo. 25T

Cranks: Stock 175mm

Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC

Back tire: Demolition Momentum 2.20

Back wheel: Stock

Wish List: New wheels eventually!















































Hope you like it! Remember to leave me some feedback!

sick setup bro i got a fit too chase hawk pro model its sweet i had to buy it on the web but my freakin fone wasnt working so i sold it at buybackzonedotcom and with that money i bought the frame and now im riding everyday

7/16/2012 12:37 PM

what color you used i want to use that one for mine?

7/16/2012 12:40 PM

nice paint bro

bike check

4sale trade

sponsors: six feet deep clothing, axo products, equalryum bands, dna energy drinks, livewire energy gum, fluid

7/16/2012 6:28 PM

raramury wrote: what color you used i want to use that one for mine?

I went to Canadian Tire and got some "Dupli-Color Perfect Match" paint. It comes in a traditional spray paint can, but the paint comes out very good giving you nice coats. Make sure you get primer and clear too!

7/16/2012 6:29 PM

z28fit4life wrote: nice paint bro

Thanks alot!

7/16/2012 7:03 PM

Holy crap man, that bike is sick!

7/18/2012 9:21 AM

Nice bike man. How do you like that seat? i want to get one.. does it get in the way at all?

On Bmx-Forum since 09.

Refs: fitrider1994, Brokenbmx

7/18/2012 9:38 AM

standardbmx wrote: Nice bike man. How do you like that seat? i want to get one.. does it get in the way at all?

I just got it a week ago, but i really like it. It's a mid seat so it's not as big as a fat, but bigger than i slim. It doesn't really get in the way, and is also pretty comfy.

7/18/2012 10:46 AM

Alright cool. also when you painted it, did you raw the frame first with like paint stripper? i want to paint my frame soon because it just looks like shit. your frame looks brand new with that paint job..i want like translucent blue. u know where i could get some?

On Bmx-Forum since 09.

Refs: fitrider1994, Brokenbmx

7/18/2012 4:13 PM

Well, i don't really know how to paint trans blue, or any colour for that manner; but when i paint mine, i lightly sanded the frame so the black was roughed up a bit and where ever there were scratches or nics, i sanded down that area to the bare metal. I then applied two coats of sandable primer (any primer will do) and the next day i applied two coats of paint and clear. I used Dupli-Color Automotive paint by the way. Here in Canada, it was $12 for a can.

7/18/2012 4:24 PM

as someone who also paints bikes, i will say this is amazing. looks so sick. only a matter of time until matte finishes will be called "gay" by the all the cool kids and gloss is back in style, if it hasnt already happened lol.

your mother is a freecoaster.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666,asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve

7/20/2012 6:02 PM

Nice frame color and tires!

7/30/2012 2:32 PM

Recently put on a silver chain. I'll put up a picture if i get a chance this week.

8/20/2012 7:28 PM

What primer and what clear coat paint did you use on it and what was the color called? I want to do the same colorway as you but with red forks.

8/20/2012 9:37 PM

What hub guards are you using

8/20/2012 9:45 PM

FitRides wrote: What hub guards are you using

Shadow Rear Hub Guard - I wouldn't really recommend it just cause it's a pain in the ass to get it to fit right in my frame.

8/20/2012 9:49 PM

EffWoodPushers wrote: What primer and what clear coat paint did you use on it and what was the color called? I want to do the same colorway as you but with red forks.

I can't exactly remember. I know that the colour was "Dupli-Color Automotive Paint" that i found at Canadian-Tire. I think any primer and clear will do fine.

8/24/2012 2:18 PM

How long did you leave the frame to dry?
Post a Reply to: Custom Painted Fit BF1 (Lots Of Pics!)

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm