4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

I got it back!!!

1/29/2012 9:38 PM


So yeah my bike got stolen back in october and I got it back last tuesday. I'm super stoked about it but deluxe don't make the f-lite front hub in blue anymore so I can't have a matching wheelset Anyways...
Frame- Mutiny Loosefer 20.666
Forks- Fit shiv II
Bars- Fly Lago 2
Grips- Odyssey Chase Hawk
Stem- Eclat Sean Burns
Headset- United
Cranks- Premium 1948
Pedals- Premium slim pc
Sprocket- United Metro 28t
BB- United
Chain- Sputnic Whip
Seat- Fit Lo-bolt
Seatpost- Metal

Front Wheel
Hub- Proper
Rim- Colony Clone
Tire- Maxxis DTH 2.2

Rear Wheel
Hub- Deluxe F-lite
Rim- Gsport Rollcage
Spokes- Sapim db
Tire Odyssey Aitken 2.125 I think

I shall post a better photo when I get one...

I'm quick with the hooks like Balrog..
My Steed
Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

1/29/2012 9:41 PM

how'd you get it back dude?

S&M Cardona.RideHi.

1/29/2012 9:44 PM

I found it for sale outside the local pawn shop. Best day of my life

I'm quick with the hooks like Balrog..
My Steed
Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

1/29/2012 9:45 PM

did you have to pay for it? and was anything done to it?

1/29/2012 9:47 PM

Nope. I got it back for free. the cops gave them the file. And the guy who took it was an idiot and didn't take any stickers off or anything :D

I'm quick with the hooks like Balrog..
My Steed
Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

1/29/2012 9:49 PM

jacobf wrote: Nope. I got it back for free. the cops gave them the file. And the guy who took it was an idiot and didn't take any stickers off or anything :D

wow you are soooooooo lucky thats like 1/23945689 chance of that happening. the guy probably just kept it and rode it then sold it for drug money but wanted the most he could get out of it.

1/30/2012 4:18 AM

That's awesome! Glad you got it back, dude!

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/30/2012 4:26 AM

your the luckiest wanker!!!

1/30/2012 6:26 AM

very lucky man!

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/30/2012 6:29 AM

supper lucky dude

1/30/2012 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2012 6:44 AM

jacobf wrote: Nope. I got it back for free. the cops gave them the file. And the guy who took it was an idiot and didn't take any stickers off or anything :D

Bmxmasta249 wrote: wow you are soooooooo lucky thats like 1/23945689 chance of that happening. the guy probably just kept it and rode it then sold it for drug money but wanted the most he could get out of it.

Then he wouldn't have taken it to a pawn shop. They give you about 10% of the original retail. Craigslist would be the way to go, chances are good he wanted a quick buck. The nice thing is if that pawn shop doesn't totally suck, they have the name and address of the person who pawned it, and the OP can press charges and get them a felony if the bike is over whatever your states minimum value for a felony is (usually somewhere between 500 and 1000 bucks). I would strongly recommend charges be pressed.

But seriously, that pawn shop is terrible for not checking into whether or not the bike is stolen. The one I work by checks EVERYTHING's serial number with the police BEFORE if goes up for sale. Also any other reports of stolen items to see if they match descriptions.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

1/30/2012 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2012 9:58 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Then he wouldn't have taken it to a pawn shop. They give you about 10% of the original retail. Craigslist would be the way to go, chances are good he wanted a quick buck. The nice thing is if that pawn shop doesn't totally suck, they have the name and address of the person who pawned it, and the OP can press charges and get them a felony if the bike is over whatever your states minimum value for a felony is (usually somewhere between 500 and 1000 bucks). I would strongly recommend charges be pressed.

But seriously, that pawn shop is terrible for not checking into whether or not the bike is stolen. The one I work by checks EVERYTHING's serial number with the police BEFORE if goes up for sale. Also any other reports of stolen items to see if they match descriptions.

It is also a felony just for selling stolen items to a pawn shop in most states. And if the seller lied on the pawn agreement (like saying he is the original owner of the item) it is also a felony in most states. IF the police do their job, this guy will be facing felony charges regardless.

Edit: and nice bike, looks dialed, light, and ridden

selling refs: NikeOGD, maxbakerman, daniel 21, effigy, tjthemaxx, BmxRida4lyfe, PaViMo, JoeGreen, louie101202, Joao, Turbodsingle (x3), jmez123, ecuadevil, irideafly, motogrizz, Edge814, i like too bike (x2), Marco_Gonzalez, Mike - E, Brokenbmx, bmxsteve99
bike

1/31/2012 7:06 AM

i wish this would've happened with my friend's bike. it got stolen from right in front of us by six hoodrat kids, and we never found it. a $1600 sunday third wave that was ridden maybe five times.

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

1/31/2012 7:42 AM

wow dude good you got it back and you didnt have to pay

Refs: netty speghetti, aw1234512[x2], Dudeisdrumer109, daniel21, paVimo, ticaleb, Showtime402[x2], brendan.magner.9
VIDEO OF OUR DIRT SKATEPARK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l6T-1xEwo

Post a Reply to: I got it back!!!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm