4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

My Son Joined a Cult!!!

11/27/2012 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2013 9:57 AM

Seeing that Christmas is coming and every lil kid deserves a new bike, I thought this might come in handy (seems like there are some other parents on Vital)

cult0

cult

ColinCrank

ColinStemBike

Frame: Cult Juvi - 100% 6061 aluminium (big reason I went with Cult, soooo light. Makes it easier for the lil guys)
Fork: Cult for 16" wheels - Pings like hi-ten steel, dunno for sure
Bar: Cult - 24"w x 8"h
Stem: Cult - Inverted top load
Headset: Not sure, but it uses races (not integrated) and loose BBs
Grips: Cult Dehart
Front Wheel: 16" hoop laced to Cult hub (loose BBs)
Tire: Kenda - 16" x 2.25"
Cranks: Cult - 3pc about 130mm
BB: Cult Mid
Pedals: Plastic - Pedals are scaled down for smaller feet
Sprocket: Cult - 25t
Chain: Cult 410 Chain
Seat: BoneDeth Vibrator
Rear Wheel: 16" hoop laced to sealed Cult hub - 9t driver
Tire: Kenda - 16" x 2.25"

United0Cult0

11/27/2012 1:12 PM

pretty sweet, i bet you had a quick go
how much was it? once you get the new seat it will be perfect for your son, how old is he?

parkrat.

11/27/2012 1:42 PM

i hate aluminum welds haha but damn i didnt even get a bike till i was 9 and it was a POS you got a lucky son

11/27/2012 2:01 PM

Rstar wrote: pretty sweet, i bet you had a quick go
how much was it? once you get the new seat it will be perfect for your son, how old is he?

yesh, did a jam whip on it before my 4 y/o started getting nervous I was going to break his bike. This was actually his b-day present (last week)... just thought it might make a nice bike check for parents looking at Christmas ideas.

I think you can pick this up for $300-$350. I waited last minute so I paid $330. I think it is a great value for my boy because he just hit 44"... they claim it will fit up to 54"

I'll tell ya what really sold the bike to me though... I was dirt jumping in Lake City one afternoon (nearly 15 years ago). It was fairly typical to see little kids rolling around our berms and trying to jump off the sides of some of the smaller stuff. I can't tell you how many Wal-Mart bikes those jumps ate up. Anywho, this one kid's hi-ten steel frame snapped at the TT and the seat tube. I watched it happen, actually. When he landed, he almost impaled himself on the TT. I told myself at that moment that my kids would never ride a POS.

United0Cult0

11/27/2012 2:03 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote: i hate aluminum welds haha but damn i didnt even get a bike till i was 9 and it was a POS you got a lucky son

I feel ya, I had to pick apples for 2 months just to buy my first 3-piece cranks

United0Cult0

11/27/2012 3:40 PM

Damn some kid is oing to get lucky this christmas
I wish i has parents like you
Even though my parents know it's dangerous and always bother me, they secretly support me... at least i thinks lol
Looking good

As you said if you want a happy child change that seat, it's going to kill him and his butt

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

11/27/2012 4:12 PM

^ thanks man! My parents were a lil shady about BMX street, but my Dad let me build jumps in the backyard.

ya, that seat is my only real complaint with the stock bike. I would like him to be able to have kids one day too! lulz

United0Cult0

11/27/2012 6:37 PM

Your son's a lucky kid.

I think you're assuming BB means ball bearing, in which case I will politely inform you that it in fact stands for Bottom Bracket.

11/27/2012 7:17 PM

^ya might note that I used BB in the parts list for both applications. Sorry about being lazy & thanks for looking!

United0Cult0

11/28/2012 8:25 AM

Such a cool little bike! we have 18" fits and kinks at the shop i work at. i love to ride them.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/28/2012 6:30 PM

I was super close to buying a Kink instead.

I wish I had gotten the chance to work at a shop with BMX roots. Just crazy rich roadies being stupid demanding & pushy at the shops I was wrenching at... well, except one in the midwest. Everyone was too broke to cop an attitude at that particular shop

Thanks for looking!

United0Cult0

11/29/2012 3:36 PM

pretty nice. smart idea to make the 16" out of aluminum. my daughters 16" haro is a tank. she has a hard time whipping it around. its double the weight of her race bike :/

Im a mom, i ride & i race for Grindz Co.
refs: TCbmx(x3),Ecuadevil(x2), Ron44ald, Spikez5, The Balt, Pleasedontdeleteme(x2), Aguers(x2), Effigy(x3), Warchol2, Dees Hos(x2), ScramHype, Showtime402, Sancheezz, Phocraken(traded), pcoco, Nike ID,1of1547,aw123412,BEASTASSDICK(x2), mike_1033,russellonabike, Fad3r, Chuck8273, verdecustom,FreddyDapice, bmxscout48

11/29/2012 3:40 PM

Such a sick bike! I want to buy one of these for my nephew next Christmas. You got a lucky kid!

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:
2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "
Ride For:
42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

11/30/2012 7:45 AM

@netty - I know, right?!? They did their homework with this one. I really want to put this thing on a scale, but I don't know what good it would do since no one has a weight spec on their 16" stuff (that I can find).

BreakThru - Thanks! Purchase one (really, any new bike will do) and you will be the world's bestest Uncle!

Thanks for the comments & looking everyone!

United0Cult0

10/2/2013 4:04 AM

Sweet as dude.

*TIPS LEE FEDORA MAN* SWAG IS 4 MEN MEN HAVE CLASSS LMAO!!!!

10/2/2013 9:14 PM

Sick.

I'd ride it.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

10/3/2013 12:12 PM

I didnt kno they had alum but im glad I went with my sons 18" all the parts except fork are the same so everything can go to a 20" frame when hes ready plus it weighs 17.5 pounds but glad to see other parents to willing to buy their kids a good bike to get into a sport. .
Post a Reply to: My Son Joined a Cult!!!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm