4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Sophia - Another God Damn BTM!

8/10/2013 1:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2013 4:22 PM

So I finally got my BTM frame, and new forks, was tired of running bent rant forks and a 4 year old subrosa frame, so slowly I am building a custom, 1-2 parts per paycheck, so yeah, I will put what I have with pictures down below, and then after I will put the list of parts I am getting.

Parts Currently

Start from the front and move back..
Forks - Eclat Stream
Headset - Shadow Conspiracy
Stem - Sunday Freeze
Bars - Cult Leader
Grips - ODIs
Frame - S&M BTM
Seat - Shadow Pivitol
Post - No idea
Cranks - Stock Fly "Dolmen" replica.
BB - Some mid one.
Pedals - Snafu
Sprocket - Stock Fly Trebol
Chain - Shadow Half Link
Pegs - Shadow Little Ones

**The hubguard was cut to fit my friends chain tensioner, and it didn't work so he gave it to me, it isn't a drive side guard.

Wheels
Front
Rim - Shadow Conspiracy
Hub - Shadow Conspiracy Rant Hub
Tire - Shadow Conspiracy

Back
Rim - Ody Hazard Lite
Hub - Primo Mix
Tire - Animal MTT
**Getting it remade with black spokes

Un-Bought List
Fit Mac Bars (Polished/Chrome)
Shadow Noctis Cranks (Polished/Chrome)
Eclat Sylar Sprocket (Polished/Chrome)

Wheels
Black Spokes
Stainless Nipples
G-Sport Ribcage x2 (Black)
Shadow Raptor Hub Front (Polished/Chrome)
Shadow BTR Hub Back (Polished/Chrome)

So basically I want to go all chrome and red :D!!
What do you think so far? It is really almost a budget build because I am just using my whole paycheck's on my bike every 2 weeks.

8/10/2013 3:08 PM

Damn! That looks good! Your planned upgrades are pretty top notch too! My suggestion to make your Wheels a little better is to get a BTR Cassette. True 14mm Female Axle, 4 Pawl Individually Sprung Pawl Driver, Hub Guards as well as a DSG & you can get them in Alloy or CRMO. Its a far better Hub.

8/10/2013 4:21 PM

Topsey wrote: Damn! That looks good! Your planned upgrades are pretty top notch too! My suggestion to make your Wheels a little better is to get a BTR Cassette. True 14mm Female Axle, 4 Pawl Individually Sprung Pawl Driver, Hub Guards as well as a DSG & you can get them in Alloy or CRMO. Its a far better Hub.

Dope idea, I think I will switch to the BTR, never had a female hub, what's the difference anyways? Other than the fact that it just goes in instead of a nut on top. Is there any advantages to it?

8/10/2013 4:54 PM

Female Hubs are regarded as being a LOT stronger & durable. There are no thread on lock nuts, the Collars literally push on & pull off making it SUPER easy to maintain, repair & switch out hub guards.

Bolt - Collar - Hub Shell - Driver - Collar - Bolt

You literally take the Bolt off, pull the Collar off push the Hub Guard on & put the Bolt back in & you're done. Drive Side Guard is much the same, pull off the Drive Side Collar & Push on the DSG over the Driver & you are protected to the MAX!!

Shadow Offer Alloy Guards in matching colours to their Hubs, Like Polished, Red etc. OR... They offer Heat Treated CRMO Guards which are only offered in Black because of the CRMO i believe they cannot be anodized. But the CRMO is super, super durable, grinds smoother & lasts soooo much longer!

8/10/2013 5:50 PM

Topsey wrote: Female Hubs are regarded as being a LOT stronger & durable. There are no thread on lock nuts, the Collars literally push on & pull off making it SUPER easy to maintain, repair & switch out hub guards.

Bolt - Collar - Hub Shell - Driver - Collar - Bolt

You literally take the Bolt off, pull the Collar off push the Hub Guard on & put the Bolt back in & you're done. Drive Side Guard is much the same, pull off the Drive Side Collar & Push on the DSG over the Driver & you are protected to the MAX!!

Shadow Offer Alloy Guards in matching colours to their Hubs, Like Polished, Red etc. OR... They offer Heat Treated CRMO Guards which are only offered in Black because of the CRMO i believe they cannot be anodized. But the CRMO is super, super durable, grinds smoother & lasts soooo much longer!

Sounds sick dude, I will for sure be picking that hub up then!

8/12/2013 9:04 AM

koolio

8/12/2013 1:13 PM

I like it right now but you're gonna kinda overkill it with the upcoming polished and chrome imo..

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/12/2013 3:14 PM

Don't be silly! You can never "Overkill" Polished/Chrome!!!

8/12/2013 6:44 PM

How are you liking the ├ęclat fork? I wanna get one, they look so clean!

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/30/2013 10:50 PM

bmxfromma wrote: How are you liking the ├ęclat fork? I wanna get one, they look so clean!

I love the eclat fork a lot! It holds up and it sits perfectly on my old ass headset

They smudge easily though, might just be the chrome, but I have had any slipping wheels, no paint chipping at all and I tend to throw my bike...

Getting fit mac bars next week, already ordered them, might get BSD Hubs laced to G-Sport birdcages, still not sure on wheels.

8/30/2013 11:32 PM

dope looking bike, if you ride alot of harsh street avoid birds, go for ribs and rolls.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/31/2013 4:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2013 5:08 AM

Just browsing Vital before i go out for the day & saw your thread had been bumped back up. STICK WITH THE SHADOW WHEELS!! They are releasing new Rims which are beefy as fuck, the Hubs are serious stuff also! Don't bother with Shadow Spokes, TBH Spokes are a pivotal part of any Wheel build & you should NOT buy cheap ones! D.T Swiss ARE the best & they are the only Spokes i personally will use. I have heard good things about Odyssey & BSD Spokes but i will not stray haha..

Shadow Conspiracy Corvus 36h Rim
Shadow Conspiracy Raptor 36h 3/8ths Front Hub
D.T Swiss Champion Straight Gauge Spokes x 36
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Nipples x 36
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated CRMO Raptor Front Hub Guard x 2

Shadow Conspiracy Corvus 36h Rim
Shadow Conspiracy BTR 36h 9t RHD Rear Hub
D.T Swiss Champion Straight Gauge Spokes x 36
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Nipples x 36
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated CRMO BTR Hub Guard
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated CRMO BTR Drive Side Guard

I would be proud to own a Wheelset like that myself actually haha! I would stick clear of Chrome Rims, but you can get the Polished Hubs & i think with Black Rims, Spokes & Nipples it wouldn't be over kill on the Chrome/Polished. Add Tan/White/Red whatever coloured wall Tyres it will make the Wheels Pop!

8/31/2013 8:30 AM

OMG, THATS A BEAUTIFUL IDEA. Next wheelset for sure right there.

8/31/2013 8:47 AM

Glad i could help Dude Bro! I honestly think the Black Rim - Polished Hub - Black Spokes & Nipples Wheelset would look bad ass not just as a Wheelset but it would suit your bike too! I know the Hub Guards are Black so it would hide the Polishedness but i mean they are worth it!! Tan/Gum Wall Tyres go so Fucking well with Red Frames! Your bike will seriously be UBER MEGA Dialed!!

8/31/2013 8:57 AM

Topsey wrote: Glad i could help Dude Bro! I honestly think the Black Rim - Polished Hub - Black Spokes & Nipples Wheelset would look bad ass not just as a Wheelset but it would suit your bike too! I know the Hub Guards are Black so it would hide the Polishedness but i mean they are worth it!! Tan/Gum Wall Tyres go so Fucking well with Red Frames! Your bike will seriously be UBER MEGA Dialed!!

I wasn't sure about tan really, but I think I might, but I still really want chrome wheels aha, I guess I will wait and see.

8/31/2013 9:55 AM

The thing is with Chrome it isn't what it used to be.. Its not as thick so it doesn't last like it used to a few years back. This is why you are seeing a few companies popping up with Polished Rims like Eclat.. You get the beautiful, shiny look without the issues of flaking & cracking! Maybe look into Polished Rims?

8/31/2013 10:01 AM

Yeah, a guy at a SP I was riding with the exact same colorway I want, and the same frame aha, (but trans gold), and he said ride polished because chrome will chip, flake and stuff easily.

Do you think the corvus will come in polished?

What are some good polished rims if not?

8/31/2013 12:11 PM

I don't think the Corvus Rim comes in Polished, i believe it is only offered in Chrome.

The Eclat Polar Aero & Straight, Jaw, Bondi Aero & Straight, Exodus all come in Polished. The Trippin Rims also come in Polished but they are Pinned & i never recommend Pinned Rims. They are pretty hit & miss depending on the Rider. Some will be fine, others will destroy them in a very short amount of time!

Odyssey offer their Aerospace Rim in Anodized Silver (The same process used on Stems & Sprockets etc) I would imagine this process would offer similar Brake performance as Chrome & will not flake & shouldn't wear off like a Black Painted Rim..

Fly Bikes Front & Classic Rims - They are calling them "Aluminium" & to me i honestly think it is a similar process to what Odyssey are doing. I think these are Anodized Silver.

And Finally, The Colony Contour Rim is offered in a Polished Finish

However i do believe that after Interbike in a couple of weeks we may well see more Polished Rims on the market! It totally sucks ass waiting for Interbike & then bloody waiting for the parts to drop when its over, but it is worth the wait eventually!
Post a Reply to: Sophia - Another God Damn BTM!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm