4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Teaching an old dog new tricks!

2/21/2012 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/28/2012 11:53 AM

I'm one of those guys who raced BMX back in the 80s and recently got back into the sport. I did the whole "restore my vintage bike" thing and bought a new bike to get back into racing, but scheduling track time is a pain. So I bought this bike to ride on the street and in parks and she's quickly become my pride and joy. With exception to the bars she's bone stock; I didn't get her to build into a billion-dollar, top-of-the-line bike, I got her to ride the shit out of. I'll upgrade parts as I break 'em.

New picture:

Old pictures:

Frame: 2012 Mirraco 20Forty, full chromoly
Forks: Vise full chromoly, tapered
Bars: Sunday 24umph XL, 28" x 7.75"
Stem: Sunday Freeze, 52mm top-load
Headset: FPD Integrated w/ 45/45 bearings, 8mm tall top cover
Grips: Black Label
Lever: Dia-Compe locking Tech77
Cranks: Vise 3-pc. chromoly 175mm
Pedals: Black Label Graduate plastic w/ 9/16” chromoly axles
Sprocket: Black Label 25t
Chain: KMC white
Brakes: C-Star rear U-Brake
Pads: Black Label
Seat: Black Label pivotal padded
Seatpost: Black Label pivotal alloy 25.4x250mm
Wheels: Black Label double-wall alloy 36/48H painted or black anodized rims w/ alloy hubs: front w/ 3/8" chromoly axle, alloy cassette 1-pc. driver rear hub w/ 14mm hollow axle and 10t chromoly 1-pc. driver
Tyres: Odyssey Path K-Lyte, 24x2.10"

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

2/21/2012 8:26 AM

she looks good!

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/21/2012 8:39 AM

Thanks! She rides great, too.

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

2/21/2012 8:41 AM

i love the feel some of the bigger bikes have. my 26" ride perfect.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/21/2012 8:59 AM

Yeah, I'm a pretty big guy (6'3", 250lbs) and 20" bikes just feel sketchy to me now. Even the long TT new-school bikes.

3/1/2012 10:51 PM

iamtim wrote: Yeah, I'm a pretty big guy (6'3", 250lbs) and 20" bikes just feel sketchy to me now. Even the long TT new-school bikes.

Pretty dope! I might get a Blood Line Archetype something like that in black! I want it but dont have the money -.-

253-590-7620 *Text only , Thanks!*
Buying Refs: Ecuadevil, Trenydoo
Selling Refs: Spenlard, tyrich88, Pavimo, A08

Austin Read: You had a bitch pull out a strap-on on you?
Rstar: who hasn't?

3/3/2012 9:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2012 9:42 PM

seen this bike at my local shop.. I've been wanting to ride it!! looks awesome though man :D

3/3/2012 11:31 PM

looks good! my dad wants this bike. haha

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

4/2/2012 7:30 AM

Thanks for the compliments, and cardambass? Tell your dad he should totally get one.

Here's a new pic:

New tires (Odyssey Path all around), new brake lever (Dia-Compe locking Tech77), and new stem (Sunday Freeze). I also took all the stickers off.

5/28/2012 6:48 PM

Really sweet bike. It definitely inspires me to want a 24" over a 20". I'm a big fan of sticker removal too. Looks even better after.
When I was younger, I wouldn't have dreamed of taking off the Dyno stickers off of my frame, in fact, I added stickers all over it. Clean is the new stickered up I suppose. Whatever bike I get, I'll most likely be taking off some or all of the stickers.

What method did you remove them, blow dryer?

"Being good gets you stuff. Being stuff gets you good."

5/29/2012 8:11 AM

i didn't know odyssey made 24" tyres:L might get some for me jump bike now...

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

5/30/2012 1:52 AM

Nice bike, getting tempted to try a 24, 26 are fun but too sluggish...

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

5/30/2012 3:31 AM

u should get matching rims then it would look baller

Startin a new team of BMX lesbians called Bikes N Dykes

6/7/2012 6:48 AM

makes me want one! looks good

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!
sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!
if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

6/7/2012 7:03 AM

Mr.Buck Nasty wrote: u should get matching rims then it would look baller

if you ever get new rims for this get 24" hazards lites's

bet its really fun to ride, it look kinda weird with bmx bars on a big bike

parkrat.

6/10/2012 6:30 PM

ticojpunk wrote: Really sweet bike. It definitely inspires me to want a 24" over a 20". I'm a big fan of sticker removal too. Looks even better after.
When I was younger, I wouldn't have dreamed of taking off the Dyno stickers off of my frame, in fact, I added stickers all over it. Clean is the new stickered up I suppose. Whatever bike I get, I'll most likely be taking off some or all of the stickers.

What method did you remove them, blow dryer?

There were all on top of the coating, so they just peeled off. Then I used a little goo-gone for the wee bit of sticker residue left behind.

6/10/2012 6:33 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote: i didn't know odyssey made 24" tyres:L might get some for me jump bike now...

Yup, great tires too. I have the Paths and they also make the Aitkens in 24".

6/10/2012 6:34 PM

milou wrote: Nice bike, getting tempted to try a 24, 26 are fun but too sluggish...

Thanks! You totally should try one.

6/10/2012 6:35 PM

Mr.Buck Nasty wrote: u should get matching rims then it would look baller

I agree... the 20Forty comes stock with a black hub/gold rim front wheel and a gold hub/black rim back wheel. I don't know why they did that. Once I destroy these I'll get some new, all black wheels.

6/10/2012 6:36 PM

tito24 wrote: makes me want one! looks good

Thanks! You totally should, they're a blast to ride.

6/10/2012 6:37 PM

Rstar wrote: if you ever get new rims for this get 24" hazards lites's

bet its really fun to ride, it look kinda weird with bmx bars on a big bike

It is... so very fun to ride. A lot of big guys (like me) are running big bars on cruisers now. From a riding point of view, it just... feels right.

6/10/2012 6:38 PM

Here's another shot of it, I love this pic:

9/5/2012 9:32 AM

Dope I have the 2009 and 8 inch rise bars as well. I love it. The bars made a huge difference doing 180s to fakie...

#35andoldercrewBMX #MIRRAco20Forty

9/6/2012 12:18 PM

Looks great!:X

Rider from Satu Mare, Romania

4/25/2013 4:59 PM

Looks good. I just got a 2011 20forty last weekend. First change, S&M slam bars.
Post a Reply to: Teaching an old dog new tricks!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm