4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Winstanleys - Utter crap.

11/11/2011 5:42 AM

I usually read these forums and refrain from posting but i've had enough of this bloody company.

It all started back in January 2011, I started ordering up my new setup as a treat for myself when I got back from Afghanistan.
Had the odd email saying that some parts were out of stock and it would be a month or two before I got the parts, I wasn't that bothered as I wasn't due back until May.

So after a few emails and a few months, I finally got home to find several large parcels in my house. Brilliant! Nope.
Majority of the stuff was there except for a front rim, pegs, cables, london mod and the odd little bit. I phoned them up asking where the parts were and got a date sometime in August. Yup, AUGUST. I could run to the factory myself and pick up the parts and run back before then. After a short email saying that I no longer want these items, I drove 30 minutes to 20Twenty and grab the parts i needed.

This wasn't the only thing that pissed me off. About 2 and a half weeks after I had built up my bike and during a trip to Unit 23 I got a phone call saying that my KHE Erikonig cranks were being recalled. They said it would be only a few weeks. After numerous phone calls to them over the months leading to the past few days, I hadn't been told a single thing about the status of the recall. Two weeks ago I personally phoned up ISON Distribution and found out myself when the replacements were coming out, in that ONE phone call to ISON directly had given me more information than any half witted fool at Winstanleys.

Then to top it all off, I received my cranks on Wednesday this week. I was glad they were finally here, until I opened the parcel. Wow! These are really good cranks....wait. They had only sent me the crank arms. Idiots. Thanks KHE.

Brief phone call to Winstanleys informing them of KHEs muck-up and they said it would be sorted by the afternoon. This was the only time I had EVER received a phone call from them since I started dealing with them back in January.

Oh, and I still don't have the cranks I paid for back in JANUARY.

Winstanleys, go to hell.

11/13/2011 12:34 PM

I ordered cult grips from them guys back in December they still haven't come after like 50 emails.

11/14/2011 11:22 AM

ive had no probs with them and theyve delivered everything next day , and respect for going to afghanistan :D

11/15/2011 9:30 AM

Dan1001 wrote: ive had no probs with them and theyve delivered everything next day , and respect for going to afghanistan :D

what he said

parkrat.

12/16/2011 10:05 AM

I Know A Lot Of Friends Had Problems With Winstanleys :/ Soo I Came Up With The Clever Idea Of Using Their Low Prices And Price Matched With Trusted Companies Such As Soruce Bmx And Chain Reaction Cycles :D Hope This Helps

'Reppin The Lil Guys'

1/22/2012 11:16 AM

LifeBhindBars wrote: I Know A Lot Of Friends Had Problems With Winstanleys :/ Soo I Came Up With The Clever Idea Of Using Their Low Prices And Price Matched With Trusted Companies Such As Soruce Bmx And Chain Reaction Cycles :D Hope This Helps

WHAT AN AWSOME IDEA!

1/22/2012 11:22 AM

LifeBhindBars wrote: I Know A Lot Of Friends Had Problems With Winstanleys :/ Soo I Came Up With The Clever Idea Of Using Their Low Prices And Price Matched With Trusted Companies Such As Soruce Bmx And Chain Reaction Cycles :D Hope This Helps

going to do that aha

Photobucket

3/22/2012 2:24 PM

i use source bmx all the time, just got my new fit from them yesterday. came within 22 hours of ordering and gave a 1hour time slot for deliverly so i didnt have to wait in all day :D i think its worth the extra few pounds for a GREAT service rather than an okay one

ride.

3/26/2012 1:24 AM

i never use em, over priced and shit

Working for BMW
Driving an E21 316i, E30 320i and an E92 320D
TheLowCartel got big too - www.facebook.com/thelowcartel

4/2/2012 11:15 AM

Verde. wrote: i never use em, over priced and shit

over priced? are you looking at the right website most of the stuff they sell is cheap, i've got a shadow seat for under half price and they were selling a federal d-watts frame for £80, a wtp cream for £120, and a kink sexton for £105. i was going to get one but they sold out before i had enough money
now they have a T1 for £175, a hazard light to vandero2 for £70 and a hazard light to hazard v3 for £135

parkrat.

4/15/2012 6:00 PM

Only just getting back into riding, but in the past they've sent me a frame in the wrong colour, wrong parts and waited two weeks to tell me a sprocket I ordered wouldn't be in stock for a month. (but they still took my money)

4/17/2012 1:52 PM

Toffee wrote: Only just getting back into riding, but in the past they've sent me a frame in the wrong colour, wrong parts and waited two weeks to tell me a sprocket I ordered wouldn't be in stock for a month. (but they still took my money)

twats

i would be pissed, they've always been good to me i've only brought a few odd bits. i emailed them saying i no londer required an order as a found the seatclamp bolt i lost the canceled it and that was that. i did the same thing with chain reaction cycles they still sent it and said it was already dispatched, even though i send it within a few hours of ordering it and it was convenient i got the dispatch email and the sorry email at the same time.

parkrat.

4/19/2012 6:37 AM

If you're going to order from Winstanley's make a call and get verbal confirmation that what you're going to order is in stock and ready for dispatch, other wise expect a mess around.

4/25/2012 10:42 AM

I ordered handle bars n stem on fri and it turned up on monday. so was happy with that. might not use them again after this topic though

4/25/2012 1:14 PM

MPX309 wrote: I ordered handle bars n stem on fri and it turned up on monday. so was happy with that. might not use them again after this topic though

they have always been good to me as well i guess sometimes you get unlucky.

parkrat.

5/21/2012 1:35 PM

I honestly dont know how winstanleys have any customers! They are awefull, truely awefull. The only way id buy from them is if i went to their shop in person. Its been mentioned in here, ALOT of mail order/shops will price match. 20twenty is the way to go for shops in the UK.

6/28/2012 12:10 PM

i never get shit from winstanley, just got bmx shop or source bmx, they seem to do the job for me, and i never seem to over pay either

NEW Bike check

7/1/2012 6:10 AM

i just ordered some metal bar ends for £3 from there

some buy the bike in the link below, i wish i would have seen it before i got mine...
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/25648/Subrosa_Novus_Street_Bike_2010

parkrat.

7/19/2012 3:28 PM

I love trawling all the sites and looking at the pretty pictures but I always buy from Chain Reaction. Winstanleys is too big to look after its customers? Interesting...

7/20/2012 2:06 PM

they have been great to me, chain reaction havnt though

parkrat.

7/23/2012 7:30 AM

I've used them since early 2000s for BMX and MTB stuff and whilst they wouldn't be my first choice, I've never had an issue with them.

You can get a bum deal with any shop or company though, just the luck of the draw innit.

My top online shops are:

Source
BMX-Shop
CRC
Custom Riders
Alans BMX

I live round the corner from 20Twenty, but they tend to be £5-10 more expensive on every part than anywhere else so I only go there if I need something ASAP.

7/23/2012 3:51 PM

its just pot luck with those guys, ill only buy if i cant find a part anywhere else or if they have a sick deal on. like just ordered some dirty cheap tibias in brown with the eclat oz seat in brown

Ride street BITCHES !!

7/24/2012 1:36 AM

Got a set of new WTP royals for £59 delivered. Cant go wrong with that!

8/23/2013 3:55 PM

ive ordered a complete from them. anyone have any clue how long its gonna take for the bike to arrive. i had to sell my other bike to get this one so ive nothing to ride until this one arrives.
Post a Reply to: Winstanleys - Utter crap.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm