4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

12 pound bike!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/31/2008 1:12 AM

i went on danscomp and added on all the lightest stuff you can get and it came out to be 12pounds!!!! 3oz!!!!!!!!!. its was mostly eastern crap like a titanium frame, cranks, bars.

8/31/2008 2:08 AM

Noice

8/31/2008 3:09 AM

HAHA id end up snapping it ;/
how much did it come to?lol

8/31/2008 7:29 AM

yeah i think anyone over 90 pounds would snap that shit in a bunny hop prolly

"If your not falling...then your not trying"
"Streets is Callin'"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

8/31/2008 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2008 7:50 AM

Eric Holley rode the Ti frame for a while (he rides for them) and I guess it held up fairly well, took him quite some time to break it, and he rides mostly street and park. (At least thats what I was told...)

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

8/31/2008 7:10 PM

yea TI parts are a waste they cost alot and are freaky light but then bend alot so u have to keep tighting up the bolts and all that

8/31/2008 7:13 PM

Wow, how much did that come to?

nou

8/31/2008 7:48 PM

derek94 wrote: yea TI parts are a waste they cost alot and are freaky light but then bend alot so u have to keep tighting up the bolts and all that

TI doesn't bend, it snaps. It is a brittle metal and usually will break before it bends.

8/31/2008 8:52 PM

well eastern sucks so yea

8/31/2008 9:30 PM

i love eastern i wish i had gotten one of their frames

8/31/2008 9:35 PM

every one says eastern sucks

but you know there pritty damn smart

they know how to place cut outs on a frame to save one

no one else did

ive never broken anything eastern

im not saying there great i just think people dont give em enough credit

8/31/2008 10:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2008 10:15 PM

f1t rider wrote: every one says eastern sucks

no one else did

fuck you

:]
no homo

doctor i'm okay, but my bike's sick

8/31/2008 10:15 PM

i could flatland backflip that shit

8/31/2008 10:20 PM

easymoney66 wrote: i could flatland backflip that shit

flatlands for cowards and fags lol

8/31/2008 10:38 PM

cpuking2009 wrote: flatlands for cowards and fags lol

im talking like a hop backlip dumbass

8/31/2008 10:39 PM

cpuking2009 wrote: flatlands for cowards and fags lol

hahahahahhaahahahahahah dumbass

and id love to see you ride flatland

8/31/2008 10:41 PM

how much did i all add up to?
cause it bet it woukd be like 3grand
with the ti stuff

I RIDE EASTERN, HAHA, BET NO-ONE HAS THIS SIGNATURE,

8/31/2008 11:00 PM

trickbiker169 wrote: i love eastern i wish i had gotten one of their frames

dude ask Aaron stirewalt if you can buy hes Eastern reaper.

I LOVE MY BIKE!!

8/31/2008 11:16 PM

f1t rider wrote: every one says eastern sucks

no one else did

easymoney66 wrote: fuck you

:]
no homo

well fuck fit

9/5/2008 7:56 AM

derek94 wrote: yea TI parts are a waste they cost alot and are freaky light but then bend alot so u have to keep tighting up the bolts and all that

Ti doesn't really bend, it kinda just snaps.

I like how everyone loves fit, I will NEVER buy anything FIT. I've seen two frames snap within a few weeks of each other, one was a guy who is like 200lbs, the other was a kid who weighs like 130lbs. I can understand the 200 lb kid breaking it, but 130? Come on, that's nothing. And he doesn't ride crazy at all.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

9/5/2008 9:41 AM

12 lbs is just ridiculous. what did that add up to? about 4k?

my one friend is about 200lbs and his rig is 18lbs, thats titanium spokes, spindle, axles etc. more titanium that i would ever run, and i think that bike is right at the point where any more holes in things etc and it would break. Personally i buy the lightest parts within reason, youll still have a bike inside 25lbs and if you cant throw around a 25 pound bike just fine then i dont know what else to say.

oh, and flatland haters, flatland is badass, when you can balance like that let me know... and they crash as hard as anyone, get all tangled up and slam chest first, ive seen it plenty of times.

9/5/2008 9:47 AM

my race bike was 12 lbs when i used to race. i had carbon fiber stuff like forks bars seat post and half my frame was carbon fiber
but i know a kids who was 8lbs he had the redline titanium but he was like 6 years old

whitee-outtt

9/5/2008 9:51 AM

tscbmxer wrote: my race bike was 12 lbs when i used to race. i had carbon fiber stuff like forks bars seat post and half my frame was carbon fiber
but i know a kids who was 8lbs he had the redline titanium but he was like 6 years old

Ya, but thats a race bike. This kid is talking about a full size street/ park bike.

9/5/2008 1:02 PM

bmxscott wrote: well fuck fit

you don't want to say that, the consequences are to great

9/5/2008 1:21 PM

Ha ha. Fit was destined to be popular. I mean, c'mon. Robbie Moralis, S&M, the team, the advertisments. They pretty much set the trends in BMX. Personally I don't really care to own any of their products, I was never a fan of S&M either.

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

9/5/2008 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2008 1:24 PM

man if u want a light bike do some push ups durrrr!!!!!

XD

<font><font>my bike is a gundam!!!!!

9/5/2008 1:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2008 1:37 PM

fit and s&m are the best and animal

"If your not falling...then your not trying"
"Streets is Callin'"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

9/5/2008 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2008 2:43 PM

Just ride a scooter. I rode my friends 21 pound back, it was nice, but unstable in air.

I'm not a big fan of fit anymore.. I think some of their products are just blah , mostly their frames.

<insert signature here>

9/5/2008 4:03 PM

there are a bunch of haters on here.. ride what works for you not all frames are perfectly made with perfect welds and shit. just ride your damb bike and love it.....ya feel me

ITS NOT GO BIG OR GO HOME.
ITS GO BIG THEN GO HOME.

9/5/2008 4:57 PM

BmxBaditBen wrote: there are a bunch of haters on here.. ride what works for you not all frames are perfectly made with perfect welds and shit. just ride your damb bike and love it.....ya feel me

yes

weed+girls=♥

Post a Reply to: 12 pound bike!!!!!!!!!!!!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm