4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

2011 Trails Thread

7/21/2011 7:45 PM

this is the place to talk trail

post pictures
ask questions
don't forget to check out the trails tutorial thread
http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/How-To,25/The-OFFICIAL-Trails-Tutorial-Thread,629368

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

7/21/2011 7:47 PM

do you think a dirt bowl would work?

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

7/21/2011 9:41 PM

bricerbmx wrote: do you think a dirt bowl would work?

i know it would work. only problem is that dirt bowls require literally tons of dirt to be moved out of the ground. most dirt bowls start out as clay pits for the regular trails.

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

7/21/2011 9:43 PM

pic of the trails me and some friends built

Bike check?

7/21/2011 9:43 PM

theres a dirt bowl at my locals. spines, hips, bowl corners. go for it man. try and find an area where dirt can be moved easily to the spot.

refs: irideafly, mattjmuldoon (x2), JakeSalbert, aw1234512, lirider187, ecuadevil

bike check
bike check v2
bike check v3
bike check v4
bike check v5

7/21/2011 9:52 PM

also Don't forget your trails face :D

Bike check?

7/21/2011 9:53 PM

those look awesome man. how long did they take you?

refs: irideafly, mattjmuldoon (x2), JakeSalbert, aw1234512, lirider187, ecuadevil

bike check
bike check v2
bike check v3
bike check v4
bike check v5

7/21/2011 9:54 PM

Well..wouldn't you need a drainage hole at the bottom of the bowl?

LMFAO!
ALBES
I call her "The Pussy Beater"
Sexiest Trails Ever.
IMO, Alienation, Eastern, and Verde are all trash.

7/21/2011 9:57 PM

thecomeup151 wrote: those look awesome man. how long did they take you?

about a month and a half of leisurely digging. probably 3 days per pile. its only a 6pack right now but we have some plans for when school starts up again in the fall.

Bike check?

7/21/2011 9:59 PM

do those little irrigation canals lead to anything or are they just preventing water buildup?

bike check
bike check v2
bike check v3
bike check v4
bike check v5

7/21/2011 10:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2011 10:02 PM

thecomeup151 wrote: do those little irrigation canals lead to anything or are they just preventing water buildup?

the one in the second picture leads to a hole the size of a VW bug

but that was only because the hole was already there, usually i just let the canal petter out down the hill

Bike check?

7/21/2011 10:04 PM

cupovjoe wrote: the one in the second picture leads to a hole the size of a VW bug

but that was only because the hole was already there, usually i just let the canal petter out down the hill

yeah its always nice to have holes like that. i got big jugs which collect rainfall along with little lines of water from the trails. just holes with those big blue jugs that you can find around. its good for watering down the jumps on really dry weeks.

bike check
bike check v2
bike check v3
bike check v4
bike check v5

7/21/2011 10:08 PM

thecomeup151 wrote: do those little irrigation canals lead to anything or are they just preventing water buildup?

cupovjoe wrote: the one in the second picture leads to a hole the size of a VW bug

thecomeup151 wrote: yeah its always nice to have holes like that. i got big jugs which collect rainfall along with little lines of water from the trails. just holes with those big blue jugs that you can find around. its good for watering down the jumps on really dry weeks.

thats a good idea.

we have a creek really close for watering but we are also planning on tarping one of the holes and filling it with feeder fish once it fills with water. it would be like a trails fishpond with the added benefit of no mosquitos

Bike check?

7/21/2011 11:07 PM

bricerbmx wrote: do you think a dirt bowl would work?

cupovjoe wrote: i know it would work. only problem is that dirt bowls require literally tons of dirt to be moved out of the ground. most dirt bowls start out as clay pits for the regular trails.

i was more concerned about the water factor filling in the bottom of the bowl it would be a hell of alot of maintenance

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

7/21/2011 11:16 PM

you have no idea how bad i want to build and ride trails. every jump we build on this island gets torn down eventually. and they are never legit "trails". i wish i could just go out in the woods and dig (i dream of such things regularly), but i can't. all the good zones with dirt are cow pastures or private land and people are very protective of their land around here. and any spot remote enough that no one would care or know about trails being built is solid lava rock. the state is most unhelpfull too. but we're working on it. you guys are soo lucky!

7/22/2011 1:00 AM

Those trails are so nice man! Inspiring for sure.

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

7/22/2011 3:36 AM

damn i wanna ride trails
i'm probably in the low percentage of australian bmx riders who havent ridden trails before

7/22/2011 4:10 AM

there is a sweet dirt bowl in this edit around 1:20

Hoang Tran Subrosa Villicus Edit from Subrosa Brand on Vimeo.

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

7/22/2011 4:49 AM

Time to put the brakes on and go ride some trails

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109
pcoco

7/22/2011 6:45 AM

Here's a video of the trails me and my friends built. There's a lot more than what this shows and they're bigger now plus we built an intermediate line too. I didn't make this video and I wasn't there when they were filming but it's done very well.

Hurricane Jump Park Sesh from shelby meinkey on Vimeo.

7/22/2011 8:09 AM

JT showing everyone the proper way to bail.

Bike check?

7/22/2011 8:12 AM

cupovjoe wrote: JT showing everyone the proper way to bail.

best picture ever hahaha

7/22/2011 9:42 AM

TCbmx- so sickk

Refs: Stolen Boy

7/22/2011 9:44 AM

these are our local trails, from what i heard they've been around for 20 years, this is only one small portion to them, there is much more

Refs: Stolen Boy

7/22/2011 10:38 AM

Gabe_Cantolina wrote:
these are our local trails, from what i heard they've been around for 20 years, this is only one small portion to them, there is much more

I would love to have trails like that, but me and my friends are working on building some right now.

Live To Ride, Ride To Live

7/22/2011 2:30 PM

Before our old set was plowed, we had a 55 gallon bucket filled with water from rain. We put a water pump for a hose on the bottom of a 2by and powered it with an old car battery. That rickety ass thing saved us so much time and energy and put a perfect amount of water on every jump. We needed it because our 'dirt' was shitty clay and ash because they're a coal powered power plant a mile away and 10 years ago they used it as a landfill for all the ash, so our jumps were bone dry and pitch black. csb

7/22/2011 2:47 PM

describe a good place to start building trails. do you want the ground to be dirt or does it not matter? any sespefic way to buld the jump itself?

look at cupovjoes signature ~bike check~ i love shadow

7/22/2011 6:00 PM

Here's a video I made of the 4th of july contest we had at our trails.

7/22/2011 7:31 PM

Gabe_Cantolina wrote:

local doesn't mean 40 minute drive away lol

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/22/2011 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2011 9:27 PM

here's one of me bailing hahaha. I'm going Sunday so I'll post pics/clips either sunday night or monday afternoon

Photobucket

Photobucket

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

Post a Reply to: 2011 Trails Thread

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm