4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

1/15/2014 1:07 PM

As new stuff comes out, do you see it to be better or worse?

I personally dislike most new parts and like everything from back in 2008 or older.

Sigs are for Pigs

1/15/2014 1:30 PM

I don't know as if I'd categorize new products as better or worse. I prefer newness, but I enjoy and appreciate older things because without those old things we would not have the new ones. I like when the old is blended with the new. One example would be Subrosa's DTT frames.

1/15/2014 2:42 PM

I like newer better. If they are newre means that higher technology has been used, and that companies have improved their products.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/15/2014 2:43 PM

Haha you arent alone. I want to find an s3 or s3.5 to build sometime this year. most of my bike is from 2008.

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

1/15/2014 7:46 PM

Honestly I don't care I mean as long as the part seems like it will hold up according to its specs then new is fine but with some things old parts are better. And that goes for a lot of things like cars (at least to me.) To me most of the newer parts coming out seem pretty legit, I hope that G-Sport comes out with a new cassette by the time I finally get a new wheel set.

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

1/15/2014 7:56 PM

Looking forward to the tripod systems , I might hop on the bandwagon now then later. I dig oilslick at the moment , and I copped up a freecoaster. I hope to make my bike pretty modern.

I really just care if my bike is running though , I want parts and custom bikes but as long as my bike is dialed and smooth , I really could care less what I get. I just want stuff.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

1/15/2014 9:16 PM

I'm always a fan of progression and innovation. I'm also really psyched on how theres so much variety when it comes to parts now too. Now you have 4 piece bars with different geos, oil slick, colored tires coming back, bone death coming out with 48h wheels, free coasters.

1/15/2014 9:26 PM

Fad3r wrote: I'm always a fan of progression and innovation. I'm also really psyched on how theres so much variety when it comes to parts now too. Now you have 4 piece bars with different geos, oil slick, colored tires coming back, bone death coming out with 48h wheels, free coasters.

This is true its cool because you have all this old stuff like 48h and new stuff like freecoasters (not old but no one really rode them till now) and then at the same time they are still gonna keep making cassettes and 36h stuff etc. In a couple years it will be cool to see where bmx is in terms of innovation.

My Fit

1/15/2014 9:33 PM

Fad3r wrote: I'm always a fan of progression and innovation. I'm also really psyched on how theres so much variety when it comes to parts now too. Now you have 4 piece bars with different geos, oil slick, colored tires coming back, bone death coming out with 48h wheels, free coasters.

fitbikerider14 wrote: This is true its cool because you have all this old stuff like 48h and new stuff like freecoasters (not old but no one really rode them till now) and then at the same time they are still gonna keep making cassettes and 36h stuff etc. In a couple years it will be cool to see where bmx is in terms of innovation.

I predict tripod seats will rule, freecoasters become the new cassette, we have a nice rainbow of tires, the battle of topload vs. front load reaches equilibrium.

1/15/2014 9:41 PM

biggybuggy wrote: I predict tripod seats will rule, freecoasters become the new cassette, we have a nice rainbow of tires, the battle of topload vs. front load reaches equilibrium.

Haha maybe, but for me I think tripods look kinda ugly in fact I'm kinda thinking about going railed but idk I like me seat. I like the sound of a cassette and I like having a brake setup and don't care about pedaling backwards so probably never gonna get a freecoaster. And for tires and stems I could care less lol.

My Fit

1/15/2014 9:42 PM

As someone going into engineering, I love seeing new parts and innovation. Tree and Odyssey are my two favorite companies because they don't accept the industry standard (Mostly because the industry standard is so fucking low). They use real engineering and product design experience to create the absolute best parts. What sucks is these parts sometimes don't look normal, so 12 year olds don't want to buy them, and they're discontinued.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/15/2014 9:44 PM

I wanted a railed seat. I didn't like the s&m one or the aitken and the only racing seat I liked cost 50 bucks. Soooo no. But I love my tripod.

1/15/2014 9:53 PM

biggybuggy wrote: I wanted a railed seat. I didn't like the s&m one or the aitken and the only racing seat I liked cost 50 bucks. Soooo no. But I love my tripod.

To me the only railed seat I can find that I like is the Aitken and this P seires seat from specialized but it's been saying coming soon for like half a year on there website but I don't even like the company specialized anyways.

My Fit

1/15/2014 9:57 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote: As someone going into engineering, I love seeing new parts and innovation. Tree and Odyssey are my two favorite companies because they don't accept the industry standard (Mostly because the industry standard is so fucking low). They use real engineering and product design experience to create the absolute best parts. What sucks is these parts sometimes don't look normal, so 12 year olds don't want to buy them, and they're discontinued.

I would also have to say KHE, and G-Sport, but yeah they defiantly are the innovators of our sport at the moment.

My Fit

Post a Reply to: 2014

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm