4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

ASAP ferg gonna make bmx cool again.

4/18/2014 3:03 AM

Just seen this on TCU, kinda pissed me off.

Here's the excerpt from ASAP...

“A lot of people don’t know that I do ride BMX. [Nigel] just built me a new bike, and I’ve been riding since before I was rapping. That’s a side of me that the world will see soon. We’re gonna bring the sport back up because a lot of people have been supporting the skateboarders recently. It’s time to bring the cool back to the BMX life.”

WTAF!!!

Since when has bmx not been cool, anyone see that new Jamie Gonzalez vid, http://vimeo.com/91766255

That's whats cool about bmx "THE RIDING" not shameless self promotion.

Nigel seriously needs to chill with all this bullshit.

what are you guys thoughts on this?

Does bmx need to be made "cool" or is it cool enough already?

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/18/2014 3:07 AM

Who?

4/18/2014 3:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2014 3:14 AM

BMX_Forever wrote: Who?

Exactly!

It was this line that really got to me..."It’s time to bring the cool back to the BMX life.”

Haha like who the fuck does he think he is.

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/18/2014 3:16 AM

Numero Uno - THAT!

When I Saw That On TCU, I Was Pretty Confused As To Actually Who The Fuck The Guy Was!

Numero Dos - Errrm Fuck Off Mate!

All These G-Star Rapper Douchers Being Dragged Into BMX Because Nigel Hero Worships Them Is Nothing But BAD! BMX Is NOT A Fashion Accessory! We Do Not Need More Over Priced, Poorly Made, Companies Owned By People Who Know FUCK ALL About BMX Or Have To Bring In Someone Who Does Just To Turn A Profit!!!

This Is Baaaad, Baaaaad, Baaaaad!!! Everyone Hating On Adam Grandmaison For Getting BMX Some Exposure, Well Errm If Your Not Hating On Nigel & The Idiots He's Bringing Into This Sport Then You Are Doing Something SERIOUSLY Wrong!!! The People That Hero Worship The G-Star Rappers Will ALL Want Stupidly Expensive BMX's Which In Turn Will Push Up Prices For People Like YOU & ME Who Actually Want To Ride The Things & Not Want To Look Badass In Our FaceFuck "Selfies"

Fuck This!

4/18/2014 3:17 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote: Exactly!

It was this line that really got to me..."It’s time to bring the cool back to the BMX life.”

Haha like who the fuck does he think he is.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking too, there are thousands of BMXers around the world, and one guy thinks he can change BMX. Makes no sense to me.

4/18/2014 3:22 AM

Topsey wrote: Numero Uno - THAT!

When I Saw That On TCU, I Was Pretty Confused As To Actually Who The Fuck The Guy Was!

Numero Dos - Errrm Fuck Off Mate!

All These G-Star Rapper Douchers Being Dragged Into BMX Because Nigel Hero Worships Them Is Nothing But BAD! BMX Is NOT A Fashion Accessory! We Do Not Need More Over Priced, Poorly Made, Companies Owned By People Who Know FUCK ALL About BMX Or Have To Bring In Someone Who Does Just To Turn A Profit!!!

This Is Baaaad, Baaaaad, Baaaaad!!! Everyone Hating On Adam Grandmaison For Getting BMX Some Exposure, Well Errm If Your Not Hating On Nigel & The Idiots He's Bringing Into This Sport Then You Are Doing Something SERIOUSLY Wrong!!! The People That Hero Worship The G-Star Rappers Will ALL Want Stupidly Expensive BMX's Which In Turn Will Push Up Prices For People Like YOU & ME Who Actually Want To Ride The Things & Not Want To Look Badass In Our FaceFuck "Selfies"

Fuck This!

Couldn't of said it any better myself Jon.

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/18/2014 4:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2014 4:12 AM

What Makes Me Want To Smash My Face Into A Brick Wall Over & Over Again IS…

There Are Companies/People That Have Been In BMX Longer Than Nigel Has Been ALIVE!!! They Have Been Trying For DECADES In Some Cases To Get BMX Recognized As A LEGIT SPORT! & In One Batch Of Over Priced, Poorly Made… Go Look On Nigels Instagram Page & Have A Look At His Paradyce Frame Or Whatever The Fuck They’re Calling It! You Don’t Have To Be A Welding Expert To See The Difference Either! Take A Look At A Solid, S&M, FBM, Fit, HELL Even A Decent Taiwanese Frame & See The Difference! Sorry, In One Batch Of Over Priced, Poorly Made Frames Will Bring In NUMEROUS Idiots Wanting The Latest Fashion Accessory.

Nigel Seems Like A Decent Guy, But It Seems Like This Is His Way Of Hanging Out With His Hero Rappers. Quick Chat About What Do You Do… BOOM! BMX Company! I Can See It Now, In The “What To Buy” Section Of Some Teenage Rap Magazine, A Paradyce/Animal Build! -________________________- The Sport Does NOT Need MORE Rich People Pumping Out Shit Parts To Capitalize On Some Popular Rider & Make Themselves RICHER!

It Would Be FANTASTIC If Some Kids Youtube’d Nigel & Saw His Riding & Thought “Damn Man, I Thought BMX’s Where For Little Kids! It’d Be Sick If I Could Do Something Like That” Went Out & Got A Decent BMX, Put Money In The Pockets Of HARD WORKING, LEGIT BIKE COMPANIES!!! & Progressed In The Sport & Maybe We Might See Some New Faces On The Pro Circuit, BUT! 99% It Will More Than Likely Be… “Hellz Yaya G, Diz U C Pharrel & ASAP Ferg On Demz BMX Bikes! I Gotta Getz Me 1 Of Demz For Ma Profilin!”

I Really Hope That This All Blows Over TBH. All These G-Stars Will Be Stuck In Their Ways That BMX’s Are For “Moshers” Or Whatever The US G-Star/Chav Stereotype Name For Alternative/Metal Heads/Emos etc Is Over There. OR Sadly, People Will Shell Out A Shite Ton Of Money For These Frames, A Shit Ton Of Them Will Break & People Will Just Dump Them In Their Back Yard Or Sell The Parts Off Cheap On E-Bay Or For Weed Money Or Some Shit Like That.

4/18/2014 5:26 AM

If ASAP want to ride good for him, but hes not changing shit.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/18/2014 6:16 AM

Oh lort. As if BMX wasn't cool? I don't think he meant it like that, i think he meant that he wants to let more people know about what BMX is. Rappers always have a hard time explaining things due to there weak vocabulary.

BMX has always been cool, no doubt, but i support anyone trying to let people know about BMX in a positive way. I know who ASAP Ferg is. Do i care that he wants to do this stuff? Not really, but good luck ASAP Ferg, telling people big popsicle sticks screwed to wheels arent as good as a BMX Bikes they will be confused.

4/18/2014 6:30 AM

Finally! I was waiting for the day one guy would make bmx cool again

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin
text me323.245.2827

4/18/2014 7:50 AM

He's trying to get all you young impressionable riders into his music by associating with something you love. Sad part is, it will work on a lot of you.

"dis guy lyks bmx, so doo I, so imma lyk his muzik"

Not all will think like that, but some "swagger" idiots will.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

4/18/2014 7:58 AM

I think youre all taking this the wrong way..
ive only heard a few of his songs through friends, but I gotta say, they SUCKED.
But if he actually really rides and hes not just saying that, then dope! I think its really cool.
Nigel helping him out with a bike represents the GOOD in bmx. It creates a stereotype of generosity.
Nigel is also trying to make a name for bmx. Yes it will attract a ton of spoiled swaggots, but they all end up quitting anyway. He's not trying to ruin bmx, hes trying to make it look better and more popular, which will lead to more BMX parks and other perks that BMX as a whole has been striving for for years.
If you dont like the swaggots who join because of Pyradice, then dont do anything with them, just because you ride doesn't mean your entitled to ride with or like every rider.
Im sure his company will be SHIT, but atleast hes doing SOMETHING to make things better even if it has a few downsides.
Im sure his company might steal a small amount of business from the big brands out right now, but if his parts are really as bad as people say, then anyone with half a head wont get them. True riders will avoid his company, and beginners will probably use his company as an entry into BMX and then LEARN their mistake and upgrade to one of the better company's parts.
Theres a ton of negative sides to this whole thing, but atleast somebody's trying to do something POSITIVE for bmx. If you have a problem with that, then I challenge you to try to do it better.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/18/2014 7:58 AM

All I'm gonna say is Little Wayne fell off doing his skateboarding thing.
Same will happen with this.
Who cares? Won't change a thing in the long term, might make a few newbs take notice, so it's all good.

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/18/2014 8:02 AM

We can always murder him..

If humans could fly we would consider it excercise and never do it.
If you feel your still in control... your not going fast enough

4/18/2014 8:04 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I think youre all taking this the wrong way..
ive only heard a few of his songs through friends, but I gotta say, they SUCKED.
But if he actually really rides and hes not just saying that, then dope! I think its really cool.
Nigel helping him out with a bike represents the GOOD in bmx. It creates a stereotype of generosity.
Nigel is also trying to make a name for bmx. Yes it will attract a ton of spoiled swaggots, but they all end up quitting anyway. He's not trying to ruin bmx, hes trying to make it look better and more popular, which will lead to more BMX parks and other perks that BMX as a whole has been striving for for years.
If you dont like the swaggots who join because of Pyradice, then dont do anything with them, just because you ride doesn't mean your entitled to ride with or like every rider.
Im sure his company will be SHIT, but atleast hes doing SOMETHING to make things better even if it has a few downsides.
Im sure his company might steal a small amount of business from the big brands out right now, but if his parts are really as bad as people say, then anyone with half a head wont get them. True riders will avoid his company, and beginners will probably use his company as an entry into BMX and then LEARN their mistake and upgrade to one of the better company's parts.
Theres a ton of negative sides to this whole thing, but atleast somebody's trying to do something POSITIVE for bmx. If you have a problem with that, then I challenge you to try to do it better.

I get what you're saying, but what are the positives of this?

4/18/2014 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2014 8:43 AM

dave lawrence wrote: He's trying to get all you young impressionable riders into his music by associating with something you love. Sad part is, it will work on a lot of you.

"dis guy lyks bmx, so doo I, so imma lyk his muzik"

Not all will think like that, but some "swagger" idiots will.

This 1000 bazillion infinity x! I thought the same damn thing when I saw this yesterday. It's obvious to me that ASAP needs bmx more than bmx needs him. BMX has been around, and "cool" longer than this money-grubbing opportunist has been alive.

Sample ASAP ferg lyrics:

I used to ride bmx
I eat bran chex
Love a big booty Mex
Earn big dolla checks
Dick bigger than a T-Rex
I got gold teef

4/18/2014 9:10 AM

Yall are crazy... This is good publicity! And guess what.. we do need more brands in bmx... whats wrong with bmxers making millions like skateboarders? Look at all the amazing riders that don't even have frame sponsors right now! for example Rob darden and Josh Harrington... So many riders are being dropped right now and most aren't being picked back up... Getting some good exposure is sweet. OoOh there might be an extra swagfag at the park... who gives a fuck! If they are putting money into bmx then that is a GOOD thing!

4/18/2014 9:18 AM

KrisnerBMX wrote: Yall are crazy... This is good publicity! And guess what.. we do need more brands in bmx... whats wrong with bmxers making millions like skateboarders? Look at all the amazing riders that don't even have frame sponsors right now! for example Rob darden and Josh Harrington... So many riders are being dropped right now and most aren't being picked back up... Getting some good exposure is sweet. OoOh there might be an extra swagfag at the park... who gives a fuck! If they are putting money into bmx then that is a GOOD thing!

If anyone gets a lot of money from this it will be those who are already earning a fair bit of money.

4/18/2014 9:26 AM

BMX_Forever wrote: If anyone gets a lot of money from this it will be those who are already earning a fair bit of money.

the real question here is- how does having more riders in bmx hurt us negatively.....

4/18/2014 9:30 AM

KrisnerBMX wrote: Yall are crazy... This is good publicity! And guess what.. we do need more brands in bmx... whats wrong with bmxers making millions like skateboarders? Look at all the amazing riders that don't even have frame sponsors right now! for example Rob darden and Josh Harrington... So many riders are being dropped right now and most aren't being picked back up... Getting some good exposure is sweet. OoOh there might be an extra swagfag at the park... who gives a fuck! If they are putting money into bmx then that is a GOOD thing!

BMX_Forever wrote: If anyone gets a lot of money from this it will be those who are already earning a fair bit of money.

KrisnerBMX wrote: the real question here is- how does having more riders in bmx hurt us negatively.....

It doesn't necessarily.

The point I'm trying to get across is that I don't see how this will change BMX significantly.

4/18/2014 9:41 AM

BMX_Forever wrote: It doesn't necessarily.

The point I'm trying to get across is that I don't see how this will change BMX significantly.

ok.... true it wont right now but in time every little bit adds up... Think about all the kids that are gonna get into it because there favorite rapper rides bmx. so the scene gets a bit bigger... then they get their friends to ride too.. so it gets even bigger... and then these kids more then likely wont know how to work on there bikes(there a$ap fans for god sakes =P) so they take it to the bike shop. and then the bike shop gets more money too... IDK i just feel like there is alot of negativity over this but it doesnt hurt us... it might not be the thing that catapults us into mainstream sports but it sure isnt hurting....

That's my pertsonal opinion on this. Sorry for the essay with shitty grammar...

4/18/2014 9:45 AM

KrisnerBMX wrote: the real question here is- how does having more riders in bmx hurt us negatively.....

BMX_Forever wrote: It doesn't necessarily.

KrisnerBMX wrote: ok.... true it wont right now but in time every little bit adds up... Think about all the kids that are gonna get into it because there favorite rapper rides bmx. so the scene gets a bit bigger... then they get their friends to ride too.. so it gets even bigger... and then these kids more then likely wont know how to work on there bikes(there a$ap fans for god sakes =P) so they take it to the bike shop. and then the bike shop gets more money too... IDK i just feel like there is alot of negativity over this but it doesnt hurt us... it might not be the thing that catapults us into mainstream sports but it sure isnt hurting....

That's my pertsonal opinion on this. Sorry for the essay with shitty grammar...

I get what you're saying. Only time will tell what comes from this.

Although BMX is pretty much a mainstream sport where I am in the UK (it's more popular than skating) and according to the little bit of research I did earlier, ASAP Ferg is practically unheard of in the UK, so I doubt it will make a difference over here.

4/18/2014 9:49 AM

4/18/2014 10:07 AM

Let me put it like this...

What if instead it was Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus saying they were gonna make bmx cool again?

BMX doesn't need rap stars, crap stars, or trap stars. BMX is cool already. You've got to be pretty naive to think this has to do with getting more people into bmx.

4/18/2014 10:19 AM

Fondue wrote: Let me put it like this...

What if instead it was Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus saying they were gonna make bmx cool again?

BMX doesn't need rap stars, crap stars, or trap stars. BMX is cool already. You've got to be pretty naive to think this has to do with getting more people into bmx.

This, definitely this. I don't really want to be part of something that is associated with things like this; I don't care for high-profile celebrities or mainstream media especially as most of it is a load of shit anyway.

4/18/2014 11:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2014 11:59 AM

Rap is fucking gay. so is nigel and whoever the fuck this guy is. It's not going to make bmx anymore lame than it is already. It doesn't really effect me since I don't care if more people get into bmx or if it brings a negative view. I don't even tell people I ride most of the time.

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

4/18/2014 1:06 PM

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

4/18/2014 2:10 PM

Fondue wrote: Let me put it like this...

My opinion has been thrown to yours. We don't need some rapper making it big, we need bmx companies making it big.

4/18/2014 2:23 PM

Oh God please no! No no no no no no no! His version of cool and everyone else who is not a swagfag's version of cool are two COMPLETELY different things!

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/18/2014 2:35 PM

I couldn't even stand to finish listening to one of his songs...

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Chum is fum

Magic

Post a Reply to: ASAP ferg gonna make bmx cool again.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm