4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

ASAP ferg gonna make bmx cool again.

4/18/2014 2:51 PM

▲ P Y R A D I C E | S W A G | Y O L O ▲

Jokes aside I think it's BS.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

4/18/2014 7:16 PM

Lame. Weak. Fashion. I'm tired of fashion taking over everything. Fashion is what wrecks everything about everything. I don't get how people don't get that yet. This is all a "gotta get paid" thing.

I'll retract my words if this guy puts his own money up to build a park or buys a plot of land and physically helps build some trails for people BEFORE any ugly neon shirts with stupid ironic phrases on them come out.

Wallride everything.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher

4/18/2014 8:56 PM

In the end...
Who cares? BMX will still be around long after the swag dies.
It's been around since the 70's, and it ain't going anywhere.
ASAP won't make BMX cool, it already was. And is. BMX may, however, make ASAP cool.
Namean?

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/18/2014 9:01 PM

I saw an interview with Nigel Sylvester on the news channel and the news caster asked him why he didn't wear a helmet....

Know what he said? I'm a professional

4/18/2014 9:02 PM

I have no idea who that is nor do I care, I can only assume he's some D rate "rap artist" who raps about money, hoes & weed like every other generic "Rapper" out there nowadays.

If he is one of those, all I can say is I really fucking hope he doesn't make a music video & have all his swag fag friends wearing douchey clothing, retarded snapbacks barely on their heads & dumb looking sunglasses, all on bikes trying to look cool.

4/18/2014 9:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: I have no idea who that is nor do I care, I can only assume he's some D rate "rap artist" who raps about money, hoes & weed like every other generic "Rapper" out there nowadays.

If he is one of those, all I can say is I really fucking hope he doesn't make a music video & have all his swag fag friends wearing douchey clothing, retarded snapbacks barely on their heads & dumb looking sunglasses, all on bikes trying to look cool.

This...... I don't want to go out for a ride one day and see a kid riding a brand new bmx bike with a Yolo shirt and a Swag snapback on..... I will literally scream

4/18/2014 9:12 PM

Aav1996 wrote: This...... I don't want to go out for a ride one day and see a kid riding a brand new bmx bike with a Yolo shirt and a Swag snapback on..... I will literally scream

I will personally kick any kid I see like that off the face of the planet.

4/18/2014 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2014 9:56 PM

You guys are crazy. yolo gangster rappers make the best BMXers. No wonder they rap about swag. Hardcore street thuggin allll dayyy

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

4/18/2014 10:00 PM

BMXism wrote: You guys are crazy. yolo gangster rappers make the best BMXers. No wonder they rap about swag. Hardcore street thuggin allll dayyy

Dayyyyuum! Sickdudes 90's got some competition.

4/19/2014 7:03 AM

biggybuggy wrote: Dayyyyuum! Sickdudes 90's got some competition.

Not even

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Magic

4/19/2014 10:31 AM

You're looking at all the negatives. I thought we as bmxers saw the positive. We're supposed to see the what can be, not the what it is. There's a downside to everything, welcome to the real world. But any publicity is good publicity is good publicity. If this attempt gets even one more legit rider, then I say it was a success. What about all the crash and fail compilations on youtube, or the guy that jumped the moving van box jump looking thing. They made bmx look absolutely downright dangerous and probably made a vfew parents not allow their kids to ride. Didn't see anyone bitching about that. But the positive was it made bmx look bad ass, which it is. Positives guys, see the positives and ignore the negatives.

I'm on the vital legit list!

Don't Sweat The Streets

4/19/2014 10:42 AM

BMXism wrote: You guys are crazy. yolo gangster rappers make the best BMXers. No wonder they rap about swag. Hardcore street thuggin allll dayyy

LOOOL hahaha.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/19/2014 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2014 11:16 AM

tomdon wrote: You're looking at all the negatives. I thought we as bmxers saw the positive. We're supposed to see the what can be, not the what it is. There's a downside to everything, welcome to the real world. But any publicity is good publicity is good publicity. If this attempt gets even one more legit rider, then I say it was a success. What about all the crash and fail compilations on youtube, or the guy that jumped the moving van box jump looking thing. They made bmx look absolutely downright dangerous and probably made a vfew parents not allow their kids to ride. Didn't see anyone bitching about that. But the positive was it made bmx look bad ass, which it is. Positives guys, see the positives and ignore the negatives.

I think you're missing the point to these so-called negatives. My main gripe is that this dude thinks he's going to bring cool BACK to bmx. Sorry, the cool never left bmx. It's a ridiculous notion that somehow ferg is going to make bmx cool again.

So what are the positives? I didn't see you point any out. And quite honestly, you should never...Never...ignore the negatives. You should weigh the negatives against the positives. And currently I don't see any positives that are outweighing the negatives.

4/19/2014 11:05 AM

tomdon wrote: You're looking at all the negatives. I thought we as bmxers saw the positive. We're supposed to see the what can be, not the what it is. There's a downside to everything, welcome to the real world. But any publicity is good publicity is good publicity. If this attempt gets even one more legit rider, then I say it was a success. What about all the crash and fail compilations on youtube, or the guy that jumped the moving van box jump looking thing. They made bmx look absolutely downright dangerous and probably made a vfew parents not allow their kids to ride. Didn't see anyone bitching about that. But the positive was it made bmx look bad ass, which it is. Positives guys, see the positives and ignore the negatives.

Fondue wrote: I think you're missing the point to these so-called negatives. My main gripe is that this dude thinks he's going to bring cool BACK to bmx. Sorry, the cool never left bmx. It's a ridiculous notion that somehow ferg is going to make bmx cool again.

So what are the positives? I didn't see you point any out. And quite honestly, you should never...Never...ignore the negatives. You should weigh the negatives against the positives. And currently I don't see any positives that are outweighing the negatives.

Yeah I've got to agree with fondue on this, spot on mate.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/19/2014 12:55 PM

What the fuck is a ferg? Does Nigel even ride anymore , he seems pretty non irrelevant in the bmx world these days, shit the guy doesn't even get invited to that pre fab junk plaza contest x games throws every year

4/19/2014 3:11 PM

Seems pretty good at biking to me
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFZlibDwdhI

4/19/2014 3:17 PM

Dennon21 wrote: Seems pretty good at biking to me

No ones questioning Nigel's skill on a bike, I always really liked his riding, its all that other BS that's the problem.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/19/2014 3:53 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote: No ones questioning Nigel's skill on a bike, I always really liked his riding, its all that other BS that's the problem.

Yeah, i love Nigel's riding, i just wish i would see more riding and less #pyradice #swag #snapback #tshirtssss

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Magic

4/19/2014 3:56 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote: No ones questioning Nigel's skill on a bike, I always really liked his riding, its all that other BS that's the problem.

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Yeah, i love Nigel's riding, i just wish i would see more riding and less #pyradice #swag #snapback #tshirtssss

EXACTLY! Nigel Is An Amazing Rider! No Questioning That! I Don't Think Anyone Actually Did! He's A Top Level Street Rider & He Could Do SO Much More Actually RIDING Than He Would With All Of The Swag, Rapstar Homie B.S Just Like Blaaaaaa Said!

4/19/2014 7:54 PM

you guys are the worst.

hes not saying bmx isnt cool. if he didnt think it was cool he wouldnt do it. its just that at one point almost EVERYBODY rode bmx as a kid but now majority of kids skateboard. skateboarding IS the cool thing to do right now, but he wants to make bmx the cool thing to do again like it was 10-15 years ago.

Also part of the reason why skateboarding got "cooler than bmx" is because of rappers, so he is in a good position to "make bmx cool again"

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

4/19/2014 8:29 PM

Dolphin wrote: you guys are the worst.

hes not saying bmx isnt cool. if he didnt think it was cool he wouldnt do it. its just that at one point almost EVERYBODY rode bmx as a kid but now majority of kids skateboard. skateboarding IS the cool thing to do right now, but he wants to make bmx the cool thing to do again like it was 10-15 years ago.

Also part of the reason why skateboarding got "cooler than bmx" is because of rappers, so he is in a good position to "make bmx cool again"

If shitty rappers popularizing bmx is going to make it cool again, then I think that's fucking dumb.

It does bring in money to companies, but also more shitty companies trying to get a cut of that. Also look what it did with skateboarding, every swagfag & their brother dress in tons of skateboarding clothing, Vans, Volcom, Emerica, etc, and have never even thought about picking up a skateboard. I knew a guy at school that wore all of that shit, carried around a skateboard but couldn't even ride the thing. I wish I was kidding, he was a "rapper" & liked the "cool appeal" it had, aka he's a poser.

bmx does not need a bunch of spoiled little shit for brains kids wearing douchey looking "bmx swaggg" hats, oversized T-shirts from Swag Bicycle Swagsessories, & the newest complete bike from company Yolo.

bmx needs to just do what it does, ride & have fun, and not fucking care about glorifying shit like that.

/rant.

4/19/2014 8:38 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: If shitty rappers popularizing bmx is going to make it cool again, then I think that's fucking dumb.

It does bring in money to companies, but also more shitty companies trying to get a cut of that. Also look what it did with skateboarding, every swagfag & their brother dress in tons of skateboarding clothing, Vans, Volcom, Emerica, etc, and have never even thought about picking up a skateboard. I knew a guy at school that wore all of that shit, carried around a skateboard but couldn't even ride the thing. I wish I was kidding, he was a "rapper" & liked the "cool appeal" it had, aka he's a poser.

bmx does not need a bunch of spoiled little shit for brains kids wearing douchey looking "bmx swaggg" hats, oversized T-shirts from Swag Bicycle Swagsessories, & the newest complete bike from company Yolo.

bmx needs to just do what it does, ride & have fun, and not fucking care about glorifying shit like that.

/rant.

Preach! I people getting exposure to bmx is a good thing, just not this way. Bmx show during a very popular music awards ceremony? Awesome.

4/19/2014 8:39 PM

"It’s time to bring the cool back to the BMX life."

These are the words of someone who has not been around bmx long enough to even think these words.

4/19/2014 8:43 PM

biggybuggy wrote: Preach! I people getting exposure to bmx is a good thing, just not this way. Bmx show during a very popular music awards ceremony? Awesome.

I'm all for people who want to get into bmx, but getting into it just because your favorite rapper makes you think you'll "hav madd s\/\/@666" & getting into it just for the "cool look" that has associated with it is dumb.

Then again I'm just a random dude on the internet with an opinion so whatever haha

4/19/2014 9:14 PM

I understand what he ment by bring the cool back. Fake ass shitty rappers that act like they skate such as lil wayne, and rappers that can skate, hopsin, tyler the creator, are making kids want to skate, no ones really doing that for bmx. People see the money and hoes and bottles and chains and then a skate in the arms and think that's going to be me!! But it's not... Also the whole swag swag yolo bullshit is gay, I mean there's also a difference between how someone dresses and how someone acts. I wear snap backs and nike high tops but I'm not acting like king of the park and that I'm better than everyone because I'm "cool"...

4/19/2014 9:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2014 9:39 PM

I don't think Ass-hat Ferg gives a fuck about BMX at all. I think he just sees it as an opportunity to put some money in his pockets and gain some publicity at the same time. And it's probably the same for Nygel, he's simply trying to push his brand.. even though a lot of us here don't like his 'style', that doesn't matter.. They're aiming for a certain crowd and they'll attract more than a few people who like that style.

Skateboarding is CHEAP, that's why it's popular. How much does it cost to throw a board together? Even kids living in low income families have a chance.. and that's cool and all. Skateboarding became popular right out the gate and just snowballed from there.. I don't think rap had much to do with it's success tbo.

skateboarding is cool because of skateboarding.
BMX is cool because of BMX.

It's AFTER they gain wider popularity that they become noticed and associated with outside shit like music, clothes, energy drinks, cameras, websites, etc.. It's all about making profit. Such is the way of the world.

BMX is fine where it's at. So what if it's 'under the radar'? IT'S OUR RADAR!!!

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/19/2014 9:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2014 9:30 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: If shitty rappers popularizing bmx is going to make it cool again, then I think that's fucking dumb.

/rant.

A kid that wore skateboarding clothes and carried/had a skateboard, but couldnt do shit on it, he just wanted to look cool?
Posers?
Spoiled shit for brain kids?

You act like there arent people like that in bmx. Bmx is notorious for having kids with expensive ass bikes so they can be cool and not even being able to 180. Shit, That describes half the people on this site lmao.

@BMXism: i swear skateboarders were considered "fags" until lil wayne, odd future, pharell, and everyone else. cant tell you the amount of times i was skating down the street and some one yelled "skater fag!" or something stupid. i can skate down the street now and nobody will say anything.

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

4/19/2014 9:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2014 9:50 PM

Dolphin wrote: A kid that wore skateboarding clothes and carried/had a skateboard, but couldnt do shit on it, he just wanted to look cool?
Posers?

You act like there arent people like that in bmx. Bmx is notorious for having kids with expensive ass bikes so they can be cool and not even being able to 180. Shit, That describes half the people on this site lmao.

@BMXism: i swear skateboarders were considered "fags" until lil wayne, odd future, pharell, and everyone else. cant tell you the amount of times i was skating down the street and some one yelled "skater fag!" or something stupid. i can skate down the street now and nobody will say anything.

indeed there are posers in BMX.. lol but i think sunday knows that too. That's why he's weary about seeing more of it after all the asap bullshit.

just sayin

Yo dolphin.. that sucks bro lol. I never got called out like that when I used to skate.. still skate kinda.

I think the big thing we're all missing here is the difference between popular and cool. Cool is subjective; popular is objective. There'll always be opinions.. ALWAYS. Haters be hate'n.

4/19/2014 9:38 PM

/rant.

Dolphin wrote: A kid that wore skateboarding clothes and carried/had a skateboard, but couldnt do shit on it, he just wanted to look cool?
Posers?

My bike is expensive as ass. I built the fucker from goddamn scratch. I wanted my own bike that I decided what went into it. Not jeff at generic bmx co. And I can 180, but some kids are in it for fun, not to be uber tech spin master. Maybe someone likes going around the skate park transfering and making only tire touches and x ups. There are kids that are complete posers, but ignore their asses. More money into bmx. Maybe premium will come out with a unique and strong part with a reasonable price. Next time you go bashing on kids with decent bikes that cant flat 180 consider the kids that worked like fucking hell for their bike and just want to have fun. I have $1000 dollars into my bike, it's not even full chromoly. But I got to make it myself and cherish something I busted ass for. Vital prick, out.

4/19/2014 11:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2014 11:10 PM

/rant.

Posers?

biggybuggy wrote: My bike is expensive as ass. I built the fucker from goddamn scratch. I wanted my own bike that I decided what went into it. Not jeff at generic bmx co. And I can 180, but some kids are in it for fun, not to be uber tech spin master. Maybe someone likes going around the skate park transfering and making only tire touches and x ups. There are kids that are complete posers, but ignore their asses. More money into bmx. Maybe premium will come out with a unique and strong part with a reasonable price. Next time you go bashing on kids with decent bikes that cant flat 180 consider the kids that worked like fucking hell for their bike and just want to have fun. I have $1000 dollars into my bike, it's not even full chromoly. But I got to make it myself and cherish something I busted ass for. Vital prick, out.

i lol'd

Refs:

Post a Reply to: ASAP ferg gonna make bmx cool again.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm