4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

ASAP ferg gonna make bmx cool again.

4/19/2014 11:13 PM

Dolphin wrote: i lol'd

They make bmx look dumb as fuck. Imagine a fuckwit like Drake going back in time when rap music was NWA, Tupac, Biggie, and all the OG rappers. Now imagine his soft ass doing his whole yolo & started from the bottom shit, they'd probably put a hit out on him because he made rap look really dumb. Same goes for bmx, these idiots will inevitably make bmx look stupid by doing so. Adults already see it as a child's play toy, now they'd see it as something even dumber, making it harder to gain respect & seriousness when people want to petition for a skate park.

And I fail to see how that's a bad thing. Living in a single house with all your riding buddies probably fuckin rules. They all pitch in & get to save money by doing so for other things they want. A better house is nice, but not necessary. You don't need large, material items to be happy. They deserve it, but that doesn't mean they have to be entitled to do so. Why spend a fortune on a single house to live alone in, when they can share a house with all their buddies & have a hell of a fun time.

4/20/2014 5:53 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote: They make bmx look dumb as fuck. Imagine a fuckwit like Drake going back in time when rap music was NWA, Tupac, Biggie, and all the OG rappers. Now imagine his soft ass doing his whole yolo & started from the bottom shit, they'd probably put a hit out on him because he made rap look really dumb. Same goes for bmx, these idiots will inevitably make bmx look stupid by doing so. Adults already see it as a child's play toy, now they'd see it as something even dumber, making it harder to gain respect & seriousness when people want to petition for a skate park.

And I fail to see how that's a bad thing. Living in a single house with all your riding buddies probably fuckin rules. They all pitch in & get to save money by doing so for other things they want. A better house is nice, but not necessary. You don't need large, material items to be happy. They deserve it, but that doesn't mean they have to be entitled to do so. Why spend a fortune on a single house to live alone in, when they can share a house with all their buddies & have a hell of a fun time.

The Whole NWA, Tupac, Biggie Analogy Is Actually A Great Way Of Looking At Things! I'm 100% On Your Side On This One. There Are Things That Bring Exposure To The Sport That ARE Great & Then There Are Things Like This That Well... AREN'T!

I Pretty Much Said What I Had To Say About It On The First Page. I Understand That This Is A Debate/Conversation & People Will Have Differing Opinions, But Some Of Us Have Been Riding Long Enough To See People & Trends Come & Go From BMX & The Ones That Are In It For The Money Are Easy To Spot A Mile Off! Wait For The Products & We'll See, It'll Either Completely 180 My Opinion Or Show ME At The Very Least That I Was Right All Along & I'm Sure Sunday Will Feel Exactly The Same Way On This!

I'd Much Rather Live In A BMX House With Literally My Bed, Clothes, Bike, Phone & Craptop With A Bunch Of Good Dudes, Than On My Loner With Everything I've Ever Dreamed Of To My Name & No One To Share It With! I Must Admit Sometimes I'd Like To Live In The Middle Of Nowhere On My Own, But After The Relaxing Period Of "Getting Away From It All" You'd Realize That You Might No Want It All, But You'd At Least Want Some Of It!

4/20/2014 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 1:02 PM

I agree with everyone else i don't think a rapper name ASAP ferg would not make bmx cool. The only out come i see coming from this is his little swag fag followers that going say Yolo my bike has swag or it swagout. I think want make bmx cool is us bmxer riding with our friends finding spot and getting kick out of spot by cops and just having fun with friends laughing . I also watch bmx pro and amateur edit on YouTube i think that's want make bmx cool. Just riding with friends and have a good time.

4/20/2014 6:06 PM

What this ASAP ferg character sounds like he needs is a good aj anaya ass kicking

4/20/2014 8:53 PM

You guys don't get the big picture at all and that's what's wrong, when bmx companies promote, it's to people thatre already in bmx. When you bring a famous person in to promote, it's going to make people want to ride and put money into the bmx industry, which in short means more money for companies to send riders to travel and compete, which means more edits, better and cheaper parts etc. sure I get what you're saying about making bmx cool, but he doesn't mean it in the way that it isn't cool, he means he wants it to get the exposure it should like skateboarding does in the entertainment industry.

A 20 year old little kids bicycle rider.

Follow my adventures on Instagram @resslerbmx

4/20/2014 9:24 PM

How will ASAP fergie succeed where ASAP Rocky has failed?

Do we really want this bullshit associated with bmx?

4/20/2014 9:50 PM

Ressler711 wrote: You guys don't get the big picture at all and that's what's wrong, when bmx companies promote, it's to people thatre already in bmx. When you bring a famous person in to promote, it's going to make people want to ride and put money into the bmx industry, which in short means more money for companies to send riders to travel and compete, which means more edits, better and cheaper parts etc. sure I get what you're saying about making bmx cool, but he doesn't mean it in the way that it isn't cool, he means he wants it to get the exposure it should like skateboarding does in the entertainment industry.

I see where you're coming from, we just don't want this ASAP Fag giving bmx anymore of a #yolosweg420blazeit666 look than it has already. If there was a bmx show during the intermission during the Super Bowl that would be better. That would be epic. But that'll probably NEVER happen.

4/20/2014 10:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 10:23 PM

NO! SOMEONE CRIPPLE HIS ASS! jk, but skating went to shit because of sale outs and lil wayne...

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

4/21/2014 2:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2014 9:41 PM

Fuck em!

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/24/2014 7:29 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote: Just seen this on TCU, kinda pissed me off.

Here's the excerpt from ASAP...

“A lot of people don’t know that I do ride BMX. [Nigel] just built me a new bike, and I’ve been riding since before I was rapping. That’s a side of me that the world will see soon. We’re gonna bring the sport back up because a lot of people have been supporting the skateboarders recently. It’s time to bring the cool back to the BMX life.”

WTAF!!!

Since when has bmx not been cool, anyone see that new Jamie Gonzalez vid, http://vimeo.com/91766255

That's whats cool about bmx "THE RIDING" not shameless self promotion.

Nigel seriously needs to chill with all this bullshit.

what are you guys thoughts on this?

Does bmx need to be made "cool" or is it cool enough already?

He needs to tailwhip flat first try or get the fuck out.

4/25/2014 10:30 AM

"It's time to bring the cool back"

In my opinion seems like he's full of himself
only thing I could possibly see this doing is making having a Bmx bike a trend for a short time to people who've never cared or knew what it is

4/25/2014 7:21 PM

Asap ferg is the Shit and if he and Nigel can make biking as big as skating I feel as if we could get a video game, we could be an Olympic sport and get skatepark equal rights

making half retarded post at the moment

4/25/2014 7:43 PM

Plus 90% of humans on vital are white people who don't enjoy rap.

making half retarded post at the moment

4/25/2014 8:18 PM

mrmatrix66 wrote: Plus 90% of humans on vital are white people who don't enjoy rap.

I grew up during the Golden Age of Hiphop...so yeah, I don't enjoy today's rap.

4/26/2014 2:48 AM

mrmatrix66 wrote: Plus 90% of humans on vital are white people who don't enjoy rap.

so?

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/26/2014 6:59 AM

I really don't give a fuck. I ride for pleasure. I could care less about the bmx scene and industry. This happened to skateboarding years ago and people still ride because THEY DO IT FOR THERE PLEASURE AND HAVING FUN. Idk why you all are butthurt about this :/

4/26/2014 8:11 AM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote: I really don't give a fuck. I ride for pleasure. I could care less about the bmx scene and industry. This happened to skateboarding years ago and people still ride because THEY DO IT FOR THERE PLEASURE AND HAVING FUN. Idk why you all are butthurt about this :/

I couldn't have put it any better myself. I ride for fun, I don't want to get sponsored, I don't watch videos, I don't go to jams or contests, I don't follow pros. If this moron gets in and starts his own company I don't really care, I'll just continue buying from companies I have for the last few years. Just like whatever Nigels doing with his "popawheeliefresh" or whatever the fuck lol. As far as I'm concerned last I've seen all pro edits now blast shitty trap rap and act like wiggers. I haven't kept up with bmx in years. This guy can't do much more damage to it. The whole essence of "fun" in bmx and skating only remains in a few people.

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

4/26/2014 9:45 AM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote: I really don't give a fuck. I ride for pleasure. I could care less about the bmx scene and industry. This happened to skateboarding years ago and people still ride because THEY DO IT FOR THERE PLEASURE AND HAVING FUN. Idk why you all are butthurt about this :/

Four wrote: I couldn't have put it any better myself. I ride for fun, I don't want to get sponsored, I don't watch videos, I don't go to jams or contests, I don't follow pros. If this moron gets in and starts his own company I don't really care, I'll just continue buying from companies I have for the last few years. Just like whatever Nigels doing with his "popawheeliefresh" or whatever the fuck lol. As far as I'm concerned last I've seen all pro edits now blast shitty trap rap and act like wiggers. I haven't kept up with bmx in years. This guy can't do much more damage to it. The whole essence of "fun" in bmx and skating only remains in a few people.

I understand where both of you are coming from. I ride for fun myself. But y'all are just as butthurt over people having opinions and sharing them as we are about this dude's stupid, ill-conceived remark.

4/26/2014 10:53 AM

Fondue wrote: I understand where both of you are coming from. I ride for fun myself. But y'all are just as butthurt over people having opinions and sharing them as we are about this dude's stupid, ill-conceived remark.

not really butthurt lol just throwing in my thoughts. I couldn't care less. I'm not really picking a side, I agree with you guys actually but at the same time it doesn't really matter because I'm not even going to think about this clown when i ride and fucking certainly not going to listen to his awful noise or buy any lame #swagpopawheeliefresh merchandise. I guess I'm just saying it's not the end of bmx we already have a ton of shit heads who are either involved in bmx or are pro haha. Oh well, though it is sad when i see people taking " trukfit" or whatever the fuck little waynes company is called. : /

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

4/26/2014 11:02 AM

The good thing is once the trendy people move on to the next thing they sell their expensive barely-used stuff for cheap.

My Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.

4/26/2014 1:23 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote: The good thing is once the trendy people move on to the next thing they sell their expensive barely-used stuff for cheap.

AND, that with ore people there are more shit sold, so companies can sell their stuff a little bit cheaper.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/26/2014 2:24 PM

BMX is cool but it's not nearly as popular as skateboarding but you gotta figure not everyone can afford a decent BMX bike but they can afford a $100 skateboard. Not everyone has a spot to ride a BMX bike near their house but you can practically skate anywhere that's solid enough.

4/27/2014 2:49 PM

BMX getting some mainstream recognition is sweet.

Making it cool again is stupid as shit.

Might as well bring back rollerskating too.

Action Wheels Bike Shop. I'll learn bars and whips when I feel like it.
Follow me on instagram: scotteffting

4/27/2014 6:05 PM

LOL when I saw it I thought of a certain word I like to use to describe people like him.....

Instagram

Tomdon: "Looks have nothing to do with it. You have an aura about you that attracts the trannies"
Refs:tomdon x2,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/27/2014 6:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2014 6:35 PM

Maybe that's why he thinks bmx is not cool

There's good hip hop coming out these days, it just seems to be coming from Australia and Canada

5/13/2014 10:45 AM

The first image from the Nigel/ASAP Ferg collaboration. Can you feel the "cool" coming back to BMX?

5/13/2014 11:00 AM

dave lawrence wrote: He's trying to get all you young impressionable riders into his music by associating with something you love. Sad part is, it will work on a lot of you.

"dis guy lyks bmx, so doo I, so imma lyk his muzik"

Not all will think like that, but some "swagger" idiots will.

Fondue wrote: This 1000 bazillion infinity x! I thought the same damn thing when I saw this yesterday. It's obvious to me that ASAP needs bmx more than bmx needs him. BMX has been around, and "cool" longer than this money-grubbing opportunist has been alive.

Sample ASAP ferg lyrics:

I used to ride bmx
I eat bran chex
Love a big booty Mex
Earn big dolla checks
Dick bigger than a T-Rex
I got gold teef

This that these those.

But I do got gold teef.

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

5/13/2014 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2014 11:19 AM

Fondue wrote: The first image from the Nigel/ASAP Ferg collaboration. Can you feel the "cool" coming back to BMX?

Haha, these pair are as bent and Nigel's ^^^ front wheel.....the cool is defo on its way.....lol

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/13/2014 11:32 AM

mrmatrix66 wrote: Asap ferg is the Shit and if he and Nigel can make biking as big as skating I feel as if we could get a video game, we could be an Olympic sport and get skatepark equal rights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PD6pFByqjs

5/13/2014 12:19 PM

mrmatrix66 wrote: Asap ferg is the Shit and if he and Nigel can make biking as big as skating I feel as if we could get a video game, we could be an Olympic sport and get skatepark equal rights

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mirra_Freestyle_BMX_2

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

Post a Reply to: ASAP ferg gonna make bmx cool again.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm