4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Advices on low-profile frames please

12/9/2011 4:10 AM

Hi guys, I'm new.

I cracked my united Mothership HT three weeks ago after one year and a half of light riding... and United refused the warranty so I need a new frame

I'm pretty interested in getting a low profile frame. I ride technical street (no gap or such), or technical park (no big jumps) so I suppose it would fit very well my style. I'm pretty tall (6.2 feet, is that how we say it ? my English is bad ) so I need a 21" frame (or at least 20.8).

I went through all low profile frames I could find and three went on top of my list.

Colony LowCut.
Premium guttershark
Fly tierra

I have a good feeling for the colony and premium but there are unavailable in France. They all seems to be outdated or something so I was wondering if there were any new,recent (2011,2012) low profile frames that could get my attention ?

No scooter haters comments plz ;p

Thanks for any advices
Regards,

12/9/2011 4:24 AM

for you id say get the fly tierra ,but watch out with the short back end,your so tall thasts too easy for you lol,if not that,get a colony but not the guttershark...

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

12/9/2011 4:31 AM

Wow, you spoke English quite well ^.^

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

12/9/2011 4:55 AM

Thanks for answers

HAROF2 > Ok . What's wrong with the guttershark btw ? I guess it will snap very easily considering it's super light..

Mattix > I don't know if it's sarcastic but thanks

12/9/2011 5:08 AM

colony lowcut frames are nice i used to have one look at the mankind justice also. Alot of ppl here dnt like lo slung frames but i do dnt care what they all think. The tierra is also nice had one of them to. I might be getting a justice frame in the future

brakeless maniac

12/9/2011 5:12 AM

also the lowcut and justice frames come in 21.25 might be a lil more comfortable for you. My lowcut was 21.25 and im 5'10 and i really liked the size

brakeless maniac

12/9/2011 5:17 AM

I really like fly frames if u like the geo of it I suggest getting that one

I bike everyday. It's great

12/9/2011 5:49 AM

also check out the eye frame and the new colony miner frame looks pretty sick!

brakeless maniac

12/9/2011 5:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2011 5:57 AM

Forgot to mention that I'm pegless. (I still don't get how I cracked my mothership :D...)

21.25" would be good but I think I'll be fine with a 21" right now considering my mothership was a 20.85" (which was kinda short I agree)

I wasn't aware of the mankind justice, it looks sweet but I think I'll go with the fly tierra V4. The reddish color will fit my actual red/orange color scheme well enough I suppose.

Now I just need to find an online shop.that can ship france.. I can't find a tierra 4 on any french shops

edit : woa the colony miner looks sick thanks for pointing it. Double checking it..

12/9/2011 5:54 AM

The eye frame to check out, but out of the 3 you have already looked at id go Fly, Colony, and don't bother looking at the gutterslut.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |
Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

12/9/2011 6:09 AM

get a fly!

Refs: netty speghetti, aw1234512[x2], Dudeisdrumer109, daniel21, paVimo, ticaleb, Showtime402[x2], brendan.magner.9
VIDEO OF OUR DIRT SKATEPARK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l6T-1xEwo

12/9/2011 6:38 AM

Hehe I think I fell in love with the Colony Miler. Steeper head tube angle sounds awesome cause I love nose manuals. It's 50/50 with the fly.
The eye looks ugly but thanks for pointing it.

I'll let you know what I decided. I suppose it will depend on which one is available in France ^^

Thanks everybody for helping
Have a nice day.

12/9/2011 6:42 AM

pic of your mothership?

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

12/9/2011 6:44 AM

Check out mankind frames

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

12/9/2011 6:56 AM

iridebmx2122 wrote: pic of your mothership?

^THIS

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |
Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

12/9/2011 7:28 AM

Brokenbmx wrote: The eye frame to check out, but out of the 3 you have already looked at id go Fly, Colony, and don't bother looking at the gutterslut.

Yes, I am riding and Eye and I love it, check out the link to my bike in my signature...it retails for 300 also.

I like my parts like I like my chicks....American Made
My Ride

Text me 570 262 8367

12/9/2011 7:31 AM

coloney frames

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!
sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!
if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

12/9/2011 7:37 AM

Joe_Martinez wrote: also check out the eye frame and the new colony miner frame looks pretty sick!

i know someone that broke their miner the second day they had it. he cracked all around the weld where the removable barrel adjuster goes on the toptube. it completely took out that little chunk of frame. all he did was pull on the brakes a little hard! ahaha.

12/9/2011 7:38 AM

Joe_Martinez wrote: also check out the eye frame and the new colony miner frame looks pretty sick!

702VegasRider wrote: i know someone that broke their miner the second day they had it. he cracked all around the weld where the removable barrel adjuster goes on the toptube. it completely took out that little chunk of frame. all he did was pull on the brakes a little hard! ahaha.

pics or it didnt happen

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

12/9/2011 7:46 AM

how am i supposed to take a pic of his frame? he's sending it in, getting a new one, and selling it. he has a profile but hasnt been on since 2009. lol.

12/9/2011 7:49 AM

702VegasRider wrote: how am i supposed to take a pic of his frame? he's sending it in, getting a new one, and selling it. he has a profile but hasnt been on since 2009. lol.

another coloney ??

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

12/9/2011 7:52 AM

702VegasRider wrote: how am i supposed to take a pic of his frame? he's sending it in, getting a new one, and selling it. he has a profile but hasnt been on since 2009. lol.

tito24 wrote: another coloney ??

he's sending it in, getting a brand new one, and selling it to help buy a totalbmx voltron.

12/9/2011 8:47 AM

everyone hates on the premium

ride park. Go big.

12/9/2011 8:53 AM

I'm riding a tierra now. At first I was sketched out before riding it because I heard that the geo felt super weird. But I can honestly say that it feels good. I'm a techy rider as well and it feels great for that sort of stuff.

12/9/2011 9:14 AM

fly.

All my edits are iPhone edits...

BIKE CHECK - BTM ON GSPORTS

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - EASTERN - UNITED - ODYSSEY

TWITTER!

12/9/2011 9:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2011 12:48 PM

brokenbmx & iridebmx :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/mothershiphtframesnap4.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/mothershiphtframesnap1.jpg

no rust, no gaps, no big jumps, no bike throwing, no flairs.. It broke on a nose manual. I went too much forward and jumped off the bike. The bike landed on the bars and the frame snapped. United frames are supposed to have a "limited lifetime warranty" or even a "lifetime warranty" but that's not the truth. They have a one year warranty. A friend of mine snapped the exact same frame (HT version) at the exact same spot (top tupe/seat tube joint).

Anyway thanks for helping. I can have a Fly tierra on January and a Colony Miner next week so I went for the Miner :D
I'll let you know how it feels :D

12/9/2011 10:42 AM

Cremuss wrote: brokenbmx & iridebmx :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/mothershiphtframesnap4.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/mothershiphtframesnap1.jpg

no rust, no gaps, no big jumps, no bike throwing, no flairs.. It broke on a nose manual. I went too much forward and jumped off the bike. The bike landed on the bars and the frame snapped. United frames are supposed to have a "limited lifetime warranty" or even a "lifetime warranty" but that's not the truth. They have a one year warranty. A friend of mine snapped the exact same frame (HT version) at the exact same spot (top tupe/seat tube joint).

Anyway thanks for helping. I can have a Fly tierra on January and a Colony Miner next week so I went for the Miner :D
I'll let you know how it feels :D

yes get a fly

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

12/9/2011 12:03 PM

albes will help with the tierra,check it out.

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

12/9/2011 12:56 PM

Haha well the Tierra surely looks good. I'm sure it's a good product but I have a very good feeling about the Miner too. It has the same short back end (13.25") but a steeper head tube angle, plus it's available in mat black ! It's a little heavier than the Tierra though but I don't care. So I'll definitly go with the Miner sorry guys =)
Thanks for advices anyway, I'll let you know how the Miner is once I rode it next week :p

12/9/2011 12:58 PM

Cremuss wrote: Haha well the Tierra surely looks good. I'm sure it's a good product but I have a very good feeling about the Miner too. It has the same short back end (13.25") but a steeper head tube angle, plus it's available in mat black ! It's a little heavier than the Tierra though but I don't care. So I'll definitly go with the Miner sorry guys =)
Thanks for advices anyway, I'll let you know how the Miner is once I rode it next week :p

you should get a fly

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

Post a Reply to: Advices on low-profile frames please

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm