4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Antigram Question

11/21/2013 5:03 AM

I've noticed that when my rear wheel is tightened down my driver still has some play? Shouldn't it be pretty tight? How do I fix?

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/21/2013 5:37 AM

I have the same thing with my Shadow Raptor, every once in a while I just tighten the locknut by hand when I see it's loose.
Shouldn't be a problem.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

11/21/2013 5:39 AM

andyferly wrote: I have the same thing with my Shadow Raptor, every once in a while I just tighten the locknut by hand when I see it's loose.
Shouldn't be a problem.

Everything on the antigram is press fit.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/21/2013 5:54 AM

andyferly wrote: I have the same thing with my Shadow Raptor, every once in a while I just tighten the locknut by hand when I see it's loose.
Shouldn't be a problem.

FreddyDapice wrote: Everything on the antigram is press fit.

Add a spacer?

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

11/21/2013 6:24 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Add a spacer?

This. The pull of your axle bolts on the center axle could cause the center axle to stretch out maybe just 0.2mm past the press hardware. Another possibility is the press hardware could have been "crushed" down maybe just 0.2mm down the axle. Try adding a spacer that will fit over the center axle on the side that's loose and use a rubber mallet to tap the press hardware on a bit tighter. This will ensure that when tightened, the press hardware is being fully pressed into the hub. If you're axle is touching the inner drop out instead of the hardware, there's nothing pushing the hardware into the hub.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/21/2013 6:35 AM

I would just contact odyssey/gsport for advice. I think my ratchet has a small amount of play

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

11/21/2013 7:25 AM

Of the two things Tim mentioned, I would suspect the spacer being slightly flattened, or what you're seeing just could be within working tolerance. Email them, complete with pics of the driver to both the extreme left and extreme right. You will probably get better pics without the chain installed. If your chain rubs on either the hubshell or the dropout, then even if they say its fine, I would go to a hardware store or auto parts store and see if they have any stainless shim stock available.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/21/2013 7:29 AM

I had the same concern with my bsd backstreet, I emailed bsd and they said its fine, its just because they are press fit hubs and as long as everything is pushed together there's nothing to worry about, and that a slight bit of movement is to be expected.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/21/2013 8:11 AM

Shouldn't be a problem.

FreddyDapice wrote: Everything on the antigram is press fit.

I know that, what I meant is it shouldn't harm the driver having a bit of lateral play as long as it's not too much.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

Post a Reply to: Antigram Question

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm