4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Aurora 2

12/10/2013 9:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2013 9:32 PM

The newest edition of Dan Foley's signature frame , the Aurora 2

They (Premium) designed it to be more available to a bigger audience , after the first edition was at a staggering $420 price range ! The V2 has nothing heat treated and is still $380 ? Makes no sense. What a shame.

I've seen a local pro ride the first Aurora (Won it at a comp) and he abused it to shit and it lasted , I think he rides the CK now. But I just think it's a disappointment , lowered the price so people like me could buy it. Yet it's still expensive as f*ck and not nearly as good of a frame as other on the market.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

12/10/2013 9:31 PM

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

12/11/2013 12:23 AM

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/11/2013 12:25 AM

Premium makes generic crap, and some frames don't even have gussets, and the tubing is extremely thin. Premium is overpriced and sucks!

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/11/2013 9:07 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: Premium makes generic crap, and some frames don't even have gussets, and the tubing is extremely thin. Premium is overpriced and sucks!

i think there's nothing generic about a frame in the 3lbs market that hold up better than 95% of heavier frames and their stinger hub is as innovative as it gets but yeah the pricing of premium products has gotten ridiculous

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/11/2013 9:10 AM

So basically...
they took an already shitty frame, made it even shittier, and then made it "affordable" even though it still costs more than majority of frames on the market.
Seems legit.

You know it doesn't cost them fucking $40 to heat treat a frame. Thats bullshit.

Life behind bars.


Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


For sale!!! LE Mint Gsport Ratchet and Vandero2 laced to black Alienation Runaway Stay Strongs $210 shipped. WILL PART-OUT.

12/11/2013 9:11 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: Premium makes generic crap, and some frames don't even have gussets, and the tubing is extremely thin. Premium is overpriced and sucks!

dmx24 wrote: i think there's nothing generic about a frame in the 3lbs market that hold up better than 95% of heavier frames and their stinger hub is as innovative as it gets but yeah the pricing of premium products has gotten ridiculous

The Guttershark definitely isn't stronger than 95% of other frames.

12/11/2013 9:14 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: So basically...
they took an already shitty frame, made it even shittier, and then made it "affordable" even though it still costs more than majority of frames on the market.
Seems legit.

You know it doesn't cost them fucking $40 to heat treat a frame. Thats bullshit.

Although overpriced, the original Aurora definitely wasn't a shitty frame, it was more advanced than most frames.

12/11/2013 9:19 AM

BMX_Forever wrote: Although overpriced, the original Aurora definitely wasn't a shitty frame, it was more advanced than most frames.

I disagree.. if the rest of their frames suck, then why wouldn't their overly tapered down, butted left and right, 3lb frame? Doesnt make sense. I feel like it would fold up in seconds. I wouldn't trust it whatsoever.

Life behind bars.


Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


For sale!!! LE Mint Gsport Ratchet and Vandero2 laced to black Alienation Runaway Stay Strongs $210 shipped. WILL PART-OUT.

12/11/2013 9:25 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: So basically...
they took an already shitty frame, made it even shittier, and then made it "affordable" even though it still costs more than majority of frames on the market.
Seems legit.

You know it doesn't cost them fucking $40 to heat treat a frame. Thats bullshit.

BMX_Forever wrote: Although overpriced, the original Aurora definitely wasn't a shitty frame, it was more advanced than most frames.

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I disagree.. if the rest of their frames suck, then why wouldn't their overly tapered down, butted left and right, 3lb frame? Doesnt make sense. I feel like it would fold up in seconds. I wouldn't trust it whatsoever.

Excuse me. I was thinking of the guttershark. If the deathtrap and guttershark suck though I don't think id trust this one either.

Life behind bars.


Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


For sale!!! LE Mint Gsport Ratchet and Vandero2 laced to black Alienation Runaway Stay Strongs $210 shipped. WILL PART-OUT.

12/11/2013 9:34 AM

BMX_Forever wrote: Although overpriced, the original Aurora definitely wasn't a shitty frame, it was more advanced than most frames.

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I disagree.. if the rest of their frames suck, then why wouldn't their overly tapered down, butted left and right, 3lb frame? Doesnt make sense. I feel like it would fold up in seconds. I wouldn't trust it whatsoever.

HardBMX_Tim wrote: Excuse me. I was thinking of the guttershark. If the deathtrap and guttershark suck though I don't think id trust this one either.

It had a Hydroformed downtube, had CNC machined dropouts, was fully heat treated, etc. They possibly didn't hold up very well (I don't really know), but it was a lot different to the generic crap Premium are producing now.

12/11/2013 9:34 AM

the guttershark is one of the better frames, 3 of my friends used it they all traded off and its still going strong after 4 years

12/11/2013 10:45 AM

people should really test and see products for themselves before giving their arrogant reviews, i completely agree with the price bashing i think 400 for a frame is ridiculous but to say premium is generic or weak is just laughable

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/11/2013 10:48 AM

dmx24 wrote: people should really test and see products for themselves before giving their arrogant reviews, i completely agree with the price bashing i think 400 for a frame is ridiculous but to say premium is generic or weak is just laughable

I've heard MANY people breaking the 3 lb guttershark

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/11/2013 10:57 AM

dmx24 wrote: people should really test and see products for themselves before giving their arrogant reviews, i completely agree with the price bashing i think 400 for a frame is ridiculous but to say premium is generic or weak is just laughable

K_A_N_E_ wrote: I've heard MANY people breaking the 3 lb guttershark

i heard garret reynolds sucks, some little scooter kids told me that..it must be true seriously though nobody needs a grapevine review they're useless and this isn't 3rd grade stop playing telephone

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/11/2013 11:28 AM

dmx24 wrote: people should really test and see products for themselves before giving their arrogant reviews, i completely agree with the price bashing i think 400 for a frame is ridiculous but to say premium is generic or weak is just laughable

Alright then, if they are generic, tell me any special features on the new Aurora or CK Frame.

12/11/2013 11:31 AM

dmx24 wrote: people should really test and see products for themselves before giving their arrogant reviews, i completely agree with the price bashing i think 400 for a frame is ridiculous but to say premium is generic or weak is just laughable

K_A_N_E_ wrote: I've heard MANY people breaking the 3 lb guttershark

dmx24 wrote: i heard garret reynolds sucks, some little scooter kids told me that..it must be true seriously though nobody needs a grapevine review they're useless and this isn't 3rd grade stop playing telephone

Well I'm obviously going to buy a frame with solid reviews.

It's like :

Would you rather go out and buy a full g-sport wheel build with the best reviews or a DK wheel set

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/11/2013 11:44 AM

dmx24 wrote: people should really test and see products for themselves before giving their arrogant reviews, i completely agree with the price bashing i think 400 for a frame is ridiculous but to say premium is generic or weak is just laughable

BMX_Forever wrote: Alright then, if they are generic, tell me any special features on the new Aurora or CK Frame.

double butted top and down tubes (aurora is triple-butted and hydro-formed), heat treated head tube and rear end (on the ck), double gusseted, hourglass head tube and bb shells, tapered seat tube, even then you're telling me you expect every frame that comes out to have some brand new feature? you would be out of your mind

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/11/2013 11:50 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote: I've heard MANY people breaking the 3 lb guttershark

dmx24 wrote: i heard garret reynolds sucks, some little scooter kids told me that..it must be true seriously though nobody needs a grapevine review they're useless and this isn't 3rd grade stop playing telephone

K_A_N_E_ wrote: Well I'm obviously going to buy a frame with solid reviews.

It's like :

Would you rather go out and buy a full g-sport wheel build with the best reviews or a DK wheel set

premium frames have solid reviews..comparing g-sport to dk is apples to oranges my man you're missing my point entirely..if a review read "ran this frame for 2 months and it dented on the smallest of drops, finally cracked or snapped on a 6 stair drop" i would be weary but the review you and the rest of these people are giving goes something like "i heard premium sucks, they are expensive and because they use chromoly like every other company they are generic"

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/11/2013 11:56 AM

dmx24 wrote: people should really test and see products for themselves before giving their arrogant reviews, i completely agree with the price bashing i think 400 for a frame is ridiculous but to say premium is generic or weak is just laughable

BMX_Forever wrote: Alright then, if they are generic, tell me any special features on the new Aurora or CK Frame.

dmx24 wrote: double butted top and down tubes (aurora is triple-butted and hydro-formed), heat treated head tube and rear end (on the ck), double gusseted, hourglass head tube and bb shells, tapered seat tube, even then you're telling me you expect every frame that comes out to have some brand new feature? you would be out of your mind

1: Butted Tubing is pretty normal nowadays.
2: The new Aurora loses those two features on the new version which is only $40 cheaper; the entire point of this thread.
3:Would be better if it was fully heat treated
4: I wouldn't buy a frame that didn't have double gussets
5: Hourglass BB/HT doesn't really have any advantages.
6: Only difference with tapered seat tubes is that it makes is that long seatposts can't be slammed.
7: I never said that every frame should have a special feature, I'm just saying that Premium Frames are like most other frames on the market but not much cheaper than when they made frames with special features (eg. original Aurora).

12/11/2013 12:14 PM

1. double and triple butted as well as hydro-formed pretty much makes that point invalid,
2. & 3. are technically the same statement and while i'm inclined to agree it makes no difference as you can still buy the aurora if you want to drop 40 more bucks,
4. not many frames are double gusseted but then again what you're saying is you're a fan of that addition
5. are you even serious? the tapering gives it added strength while reducing weight , in addition looks pretty nifty
6. again do some research on tapered tubing before giving those types of statements
7. again what you're basically saying than is most frames on the market are generic, yes and no, just because two frame are made with the exact same features and specs does not make them the same level of quality many different factors, type of chromoly, style or quality of welding etc.

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/11/2013 12:21 PM

dmx24 wrote: 1. double and triple butted as well as hydro-formed pretty much makes that point invalid,
2. & 3. are technically the same statement and while i'm inclined to agree it makes no difference as you can still buy the aurora if you want to drop 40 more bucks,
4. not many frames are double gusseted but then again what you're saying is you're a fan of that addition
5. are you even serious? the tapering gives it added strength while reducing weight , in addition looks pretty nifty
6. again do some research on tapered tubing before giving those types of statements
7. again what you're basically saying than is most frames on the market are generic, yes and no, just because two frame are made with the exact same features and specs does not make them the same level of quality many different factors, type of chromoly, style or quality of welding etc.

Do you even know what butting is? Almost every frame with butted tubing has at least double butted tubes other wise one weld affected zone will be very weak. And no Premium frame comes with Hydroforming anymore as the original Aurora has been discontinued. And the tapering of the seat tube doesn't make it stronger. As for the hourglass BB and Headtube, it's for styling aesthetics (It does look quite good IMO), if you think it has any strength benefits you're stupid. And for what it's worth I do think most (not all) frames nowadays are pretty generic. I'm not saying Premium sucks, I haven't said that at all. I'm just saying their frames are nothing special.

12/11/2013 12:27 PM

BMX_Forever wrote: Do you even know what butting is? Almost every frame with butted tubing has at least double butted tubes other wise one weld affected zone will be very weak. And no Premium frame comes with Hydroforming anymore as the original Aurora has been discontinued. And the tapering of the seat tube doesn't make it stronger. As for the hourglass BB and Headtube, it's for styling aesthetics (It does look quite good IMO), if you think it has any strength benefits you're stupid. And for what it's worth I do think most (not all) frames nowadays are pretty generic. I'm not saying Premium sucks, I haven't said that at all. I'm just saying their frames are nothing special.

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/11/2013 12:33 PM

dmx24 wrote: 1. double and triple butted as well as hydro-formed pretty much makes that point invalid,
2. & 3. are technically the same statement and while i'm inclined to agree it makes no difference as you can still buy the aurora if you want to drop 40 more bucks,
4. not many frames are double gusseted but then again what you're saying is you're a fan of that addition
5. are you even serious? the tapering gives it added strength while reducing weight , in addition looks pretty nifty
6. again do some research on tapered tubing before giving those types of statements
7. again what you're basically saying than is most frames on the market are generic, yes and no, just because two frame are made with the exact same features and specs does not make them the same level of quality many different factors, type of chromoly, style or quality of welding etc.

BMX_Forever wrote: Do you even know what butting is? Almost every frame with butted tubing has at least double butted tubes other wise one weld affected zone will be very weak. And no Premium frame comes with Hydroforming anymore as the original Aurora has been discontinued. And the tapering of the seat tube doesn't make it stronger. As for the hourglass BB and Headtube, it's for styling aesthetics (It does look quite good IMO), if you think it has any strength benefits you're stupid. And for what it's worth I do think most (not all) frames nowadays are pretty generic. I'm not saying Premium sucks, I haven't said that at all. I'm just saying their frames are nothing special.

yes i'm quite familiar with tube butting, the hour glass bb also is supposed to help with "duster" grinds, again it's a pretty pointless argument the fact is premium is a good company and makes solid products..are some if not most of the designs technically generic? in a sense sure but like a said no other company makes a 3lbs frame with that type of strength, overpriced? again if you have the money and want quality you're getting it

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/11/2013 12:45 PM

Very few frames have straight gauge tubing, but those that do advertise it. Butting can be good to a point, but most of the companies don't even post weld heat treat their frames. Butted tubing dents easier. Non heat treated tubing dents easier.

If you take two of the same frames and post weld heat treat one of them, it will last longer than the non heat treated frame put through the same type of riding stresses.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/11/2013 12:47 PM

Dan Foley deserves WAY better

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/11/2013 6:35 PM

Damn people have some major opinions about Premium and frame buildings. Good !

Seriously though. The price is absolutely out of wack. WAAAYYY too much , for an "affordable frame" I could buy , for example , a Subrosa Noster that will be $80 cheaper and last just as long , if not longer. Dan Foley is a great rider but I really have no clue why he'd put his name on it , because frankly I wouldn't. The frame looks good but I wouldn't get it. You can get such higher end frames , for thte same or cheaper !

I'm not hating on Premium. But I really do not agree with the pricing and way the company is heading. I almost want a CK complete but the fact the Premium charges kids so much of hard earned/saved money is a reason that will make me never buy anything made by them.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

12/11/2013 8:42 PM

I would rather collect my own shit under my bed for 3 months straight and form it into a bicycle shaped object than buy any Premium parts.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/11/2013 8:52 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Damn people have some major opinions about Premium and frame buildings. Good !

Seriously though. The price is absolutely out of wack. WAAAYYY too much , for an "affordable frame" I could buy , for example , a Subrosa Noster that will be $80 cheaper and last just as long , if not longer. Dan Foley is a great rider but I really have no clue why he'd put his name on it , because frankly I wouldn't. The frame looks good but I wouldn't get it. You can get such higher end frames , for thte same or cheaper !

I'm not hating on Premium. But I really do not agree with the pricing and way the company is heading. I almost want a CK complete but the fact the Premium charges kids so much of hard earned/saved money is a reason that will make me never buy anything made by them.

i completely agree
apart from the whole premium sucks circlejerk, most of the people on this site couldnt snap the so called "weak frame" if they tried
/rant

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
contact: 805-729-8240/steven.m.oliverio@gmail.com
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

12/12/2013 5:59 AM

The Guttershart is not a strong frame. They specifically designed it to be the lightest chromoly frame available. I would break it in a few weeks. It is for light street and light park, that is it.

The Aurora is not really any good, for the price. It doesnt have anything special for the extra money you are spending on it. Same with all the Premium frames except the Guttershark. They charge you more for nothing. I could understand if they were any different. Look at the other frames in that price range. Sunday Soundwave, Sunday Funday 2.1, Guerra Moose, S&M Frames all around. For the same price as a Guttershart you can get a Terrible One, which has a much better quality. The way i see it, if you wanna charge as much as the nicest frames, you better include the quality you pay for. Hell, if Premium had the same frames for 250 bucks, I'd be on it like stink on poop, but it isnt.

Let's look at what Premium is. They were designed to be high quality Haros. When in reality, that is what the original idea was for them, the only frame that ever succeeded in honoring what they were made for was the Guttershark. In that sense, that would be the only Premium id ever buy, because it is a true Premium.
Post a Reply to: Aurora 2

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm