4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

BMX Essentials

4/24/2014 2:26 PM

What parts do you run that you think are a must have for you bike and others should checkout?

4/24/2014 3:11 PM

MUst:
Odyssey r25
Odyssey MDS
SHould checkout:
My cinema┬┤s 777
My rear odyssey hawk because its almost worn

Pretty much most parts can be remplace for other ones without a problem, for example, i could change my vandero v2 to a eclat dinamic and nothing would change. I could also change m noctis to mavericks and same. MY cult salvation tl could snap, then id buy a odyssey sxtn tl and it would be the same.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/24/2014 5:37 PM

Odyssey Tommy Dugan grips.
S&M Enduro stem
Demo Revolt cranks
a ticking headset
Cult Match cassette hub.

Bike Check
PLEASE LIKE THIS
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/24/2014 6:10 PM

-Odyssey forks (Running R32s now). Strongest forks you can buy, lifetime warranty, lighter than most.
-S&M stem (Running a Credence now, seriously the BEST stem I've ever ridden and ever seen. GET ONE!). Super simple, no worry design. Ran a Challenger for a long time too and loved it, but the Credence is even better.
-Thunderbolt cranks. Super easy to install and remove, super stiff and strong, lifetime warranty, Socket Drive, and super light
-Fit Mac bars. Ran them for a long ass time and never had a problem. By far the best feeling and stiffest bar I've ever ran. Buying another set soon for the new build so I can get them threaded for Tree bar ends.
-Tree Lite sprocket. Super smooth tooth design, real thick so it looks awesome, I-Beam spoke design that looks awesome and gives it the best strength to weight ratio of any sprocket. No sprocket is better.
-Odyssey Trailmix pedals. Ran the unsealed version for 3 years and never had a problem, and I put them through hell. The spindle is ULTRA beefy so it didn't even bend. I now have the sealed version and they're even better.
-Tree Brake cable. Simply the best and most powerful cable you can buy. Worth the extra money.
-Odyssey Monolever. Bolt clamps on top so it's smooth and thumb-friendly. Feels PERFECT and works amazing. Comes with extra bushings so you don't have to worry about wobble.
-Gsport Ribcage rim. Strongest rim you can buy today. Feels incredibly stiff. Made out of a material stronger than 7000 series aluminum, and the wider design also increases strength and makes it harder to get pinch flats. Cross lace design with reinforcing ribs for an ultra stiff and strong design and to prevent spoke pull through. Real beefy sidewalls so you won't dent it. Hard anodizing looks better and brakes better. Also looks pretty cool.

You probably know more than me.
M8.

4/24/2014 6:25 PM

KHE tires
Eclat slash pedals (grippiest plastic pedal out there)
Shadow ravager TL
Kink Bars (i know they have a reputation for snapping but they feel great)

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

4/24/2014 6:42 PM

Must have:
odyssey aitken tires longest lasting tires I've had and roll great
S&M stem i have a redneck now and dont see myself running any other stem

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype
text me323.245.2827

4/24/2014 8:22 PM

S&M Enduro is a must.

Tree sprockets are works of art.

KMC 710 Kool chain.

Wallride everything.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher

4/24/2014 10:14 PM

Musts

A bike
Some bros
Some beer

I see so many kids wasting time standing in my way at skateparks cutting off my line who think what their parts are and the weight are what make them and will sit their and not even ride or try anything sitting in my god damn way to often

Fuck those kids if you have a bike ride it
It's not what bike you have it's
How you ride it
Then come the spoils the good crews
And the brews

4/24/2014 10:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2014 10:28 PM

Must have:
Mds
Animal Bobs
some sort of freecoaster
Pleg 2

Check out:
Merritt cross checks
Pleg 2

4/25/2014 1:31 AM

I think everyone should try Odi Longneck grips & Animal Edwin grips at least once.

Also try pegs at least once too.

4/25/2014 6:07 AM

eskimojay wrote: Musts

A bike
Some bros
Some beer

I see so many kids wasting time standing in my way at skateparks cutting off my line who think what their parts are and the weight are what make them and will sit their and not even ride or try anything sitting in my god damn way to often

Fuck those kids if you have a bike ride it
It's not what bike you have it's
How you ride it
Then come the spoils the good crews
And the brews

Bros are a must but my bike is my baby. I've got to take her shopping every once in a while.

4/25/2014 6:16 AM

Balls

"The Miranda chick likes Wal-Mart she deserves to take a shovel to the head'-Handlebar-To-The-Face

Bike Check!

Antithought.bandcamp.com- Check it!

4/25/2014 6:24 AM

Lately, BRAKES.

But seriously, I have had nothing but good to say about pretty much everything on my bike. I couldn't narrow it down.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

4/25/2014 8:25 AM

Beer
Post a Reply to: BMX Essentials

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm