4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Best headphones to bike in

4/4/2014 5:21 AM

I'm deciding on either skullcandy titans or smokin buds 2, which are the best for biking with and just chilling, which come with a better case? (doesn't really matter). i have the apple earbuds, should I just use those?

My AWESOME Bike Check!!!

"I ride a little kid’s bike every day and would not want to do anything else with my time" -Aaron Ross

"keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars” -Brian Kachinsky

4/4/2014 6:31 AM

Whats your budget?

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/4/2014 7:12 AM

titans for sure man, especially for biking. mine often slam on the handlebars etc. and due to the metal casing they're still going strong, sound great too

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

4/4/2014 7:17 AM

^^^ or the fullmetal jackets, i think theyre more then the titans though

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin
text me323.245.2827

4/4/2014 7:27 AM

Titans sounds far better than smokin buds imo, really loud and beat great but not very clear, but they blow out SUPER easy. Ive had 3 pairs that lasted for no more than 2months.

Smokin buds still sound great, really clear but not the loudest or best beating, and both pairs I had lasted roughly 8months.

TheFix are the best imo. Sound identical to the 50/50s and are as durable if not more durable than the Smokin buds. Amazing lifespan, 1year+ on both pairs ive owned.

FMJs are amazing too if you can find a set. Sound a bit better than The Fix and 50/50s and have a decent lifespan. Lasted me 6months.

50/50s are a bit more clear than Titans and are just as loud/beat the same but still blow out super easy. Both pairs I had lasted around 3-4months.

If you have a Marshalls near you, they stock Skullcandy headphones for dirt cheap (50%+ off.) Amazon also has Skullcandies pretty cheap. Goodluck.

Life behind bars.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

For sale!!! LE Mint Gsport Ratchet and Vandero2 laced to black Alienation Runaway Stay Strongs $210 shipped. WILL PART-OUT.

4/4/2014 7:51 AM

Its not worth getting good headphones for riding. I have cheap Sonys from Walmart and they've worked fine for a few months now. At home I use Sennhesier HD280 Pros, they are incredible.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

4/4/2014 8:09 AM

I have jvc xx in the new edition. Good enought for riding-

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/4/2014 9:22 AM

Skullcandy SupremeSound Ink'd
/thread

You know what my bike's name is? Bike.
That Emily chick does some damn good shovel work you should get her out at the trails-eskimojay
"Are there any downsides to your career?" "Yup-downside icepicks, but I've never been able to do downside double pegs."-Tony Hamlin
UPDATED BIKE CHECK

4/4/2014 10:41 AM

beats dude! you arent a human unless you have those.

nah im kidding.

"i dont usually ride with headphones, but when i do, i prefer the ipod ones."

very light, they stay out of the way.

Wallride everything.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher

4/4/2014 11:53 AM

howlerfbm wrote: beats dude! you arent a human unless you have those.

nah im kidding.

"i dont usually ride with headphones, but when i do, i prefer the ipod ones."

very light, they stay out of the way.

Haha Skullcandy headphones are just as good as Beats, but much cheaper. Plus Beats are just too trendy

You know what my bike's name is? Bike.
That Emily chick does some damn good shovel work you should get her out at the trails-eskimojay
"Are there any downsides to your career?" "Yup-downside icepicks, but I've never been able to do downside double pegs."-Tony Hamlin
UPDATED BIKE CHECK

4/4/2014 12:18 PM

Skullcandy and Beats both fucking blow.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

4/4/2014 12:33 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote: Skullcandy and Beats both fucking blow.

I agree. Beast are way too overpriced.
Senheiser stuff is better by far.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/4/2014 12:34 PM

T-rider wrote: I agree. Beast are way too overpriced.

Yeah, I love my Sennheisers. My dad's Audio Technias are great too.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

4/4/2014 12:36 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote: Skullcandy and Beats both fucking blow.

T-rider wrote: I agree. Beast are way too overpriced.

Xxohioanxx wrote: Yeah, I love my Sennheisers. My dad's Audio Technias are great too.

And pioneer too. I for got to mention them. JVC and sonic are nice too.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/4/2014 2:23 PM

Ive always rocked the apple ones mostly because i always end up getting pairs for free. The pair that came with my iphone lasted me a solid year and a half.

4/4/2014 2:27 PM

Thomas_Kerrigan wrote: Ive always rocked the apple ones mostly because i always end up getting pairs for free. The pair that came with my iphone lasted me a solid year and a half.

Free stuff is the best

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/4/2014 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2014 2:47 PM

T-rider wrote: I have jvc xx in the new edition. Good enought for riding-

JVC hx101010101 whatever the shit they're called now are like 18$, have some really nice sound to them for 20$ (lacking in the highs a bit but still sounds clear) and they've lasted me since before I started riding. I went through about 10 pairs of "durable" earbuds and have always broken all of them but go back to the same JVCs. They also make a few other "xtreme xplosive" headphones but I think the ear buds are most aimed at durability.

Instagram

Tomdon: "Looks have nothing to do with it. You have an aura about you that attracts the trannies"
Refs:tomdon x2,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/4/2014 3:33 PM

T-rider wrote: I have jvc xx in the new edition. Good enought for riding-

TheBrandonFranke wrote: JVC hx101010101 whatever the shit they're called now are like 18$, have some really nice sound to them for 20$ (lacking in the highs a bit but still sounds clear) and they've lasted me since before I started riding. I went through about 10 pairs of "durable" earbuds and have always broken all of them but go back to the same JVCs. They also make a few other "xtreme xplosive" headphones but I think the ear buds are most aimed at durability.

THose yeah hahah.
My sony mdr something were good.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/4/2014 5:49 PM

I have jvc with memory foam ear things. Never fall out, 2 years of taking serious hits and still work. Sounds like skullcandy 50/50 buds.

4/4/2014 5:50 PM

biggybuggy wrote: I have jvc with memory foam ear things. Never fall out, 2 years of taking serious hits and still work. Sounds like skullcandy 50/50 buds.

And still working.

4/4/2014 5:51 PM

My longest lasting skullcandy bufs lasted two months. I had 50/50, titan, smokin buds.

4/4/2014 7:43 PM

i run klipsch s3i's, and they are gnar
skullcandies are pricy pieces of shit

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

4/4/2014 7:48 PM

Honestly, for 30 dollars or more get Yurbuds. they sell em at walmart. they never fall out and have sick sound.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

4/4/2014 7:50 PM

The titans for sure they definitely are durable the other week i fell from the top of my parks vert wall straight onto my left one and all it did was chip the shit out of the paint but nothing else, Ive had them for months now and still use them, smoking buds break all the time and don't have as great of a quality in sound, those usually last me a week to three at most.

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

4/4/2014 8:05 PM

Ok so I think I have decided on the fix buds, but should I get the ones with the gel tips intergrated in them or just the other ones?

My AWESOME Bike Check!!!

"I ride a little kid’s bike every day and would not want to do anything else with my time" -Aaron Ross

"keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars” -Brian Kachinsky

4/4/2014 9:13 PM

Not thread jacking but if anyone has reviews on any type of earphone /headphone add to my music thread. I want to keep updating it so people can get their money's worth. I also post what I recommend on there , too.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

4/5/2014 11:14 AM

I use the earphones that came with my phone.(SONY) got chewed by my dog but still working.

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

4/5/2014 12:40 PM

neophyte16 wrote: I use the earphones that came with my phone.(SONY) got chewed by my dog but still working.

same happened to my skullcandys lol but mine didnt survive.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Post a Reply to: Best headphones to bike in

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm