4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Bigger BMX Bikes

4/8/2014 4:16 PM

This thread might be for the older / bigger / taller riders on Vital... But have you ever given thought to the idea of a bigger BMX bike. I know myself and a few friends (Tall riders) have talked about it. Maybe a 22 inch frame with slightly bigger wheels, just everything slightly bigger? I wonder how it would handle and if it could even help with certain things, just having more room on the bike in general. I feel like a lot of smaller / shorter riders look extremely comfortable on their bikes, and this makes sense. Bikes start small and gradually get bigger, from 16 to 18 to 20-inch wheels, but why not take things just one more step for even taller riders?

Thoughts?

4/8/2014 4:23 PM

They have 22 inch wheel bikes. I think 24 inch bikes are awesome.

4/8/2014 4:26 PM

The 22's feel just like 20's.

4/8/2014 5:19 PM

I could see my self getting a 22" in the far off future when my back starts killing me. I can't stand the look of most 24" bmx bikes though.

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Why do drugs when you can ride BMX?

"I ride bikes, not finger them"
-soulrebelrastaman

4/8/2014 5:58 PM

no no no no no

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

4/8/2014 6:26 PM

Bigger bikes are loads of fun, not really a large bmx but i love playing on box jumps and trails with my 26" Dirt Jumper!

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

4/8/2014 6:31 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:
Bigger bikes are loads of fun, not really a large bmx but i love playing on box jumps and trails with my 26" Dirt Jumper!

The only thing that bike needs is me in possession. Bike check on it?

4/8/2014 6:43 PM

I had this and it was too damn big. Good frame though. 2009 specialized p1.

4/8/2014 6:44 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

biggybuggy wrote: The only thing that bike needs is me in possession. Bike check on it?

I've got a bike check up on it. click the Blair & Jasmin link in my sig.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

4/8/2014 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2014 7:06 PM

Bigger bikes are actually pretty common. I remember Broc Raiford slayed some ramps on a 24 I believe in his day in the life

I could possibly see myself getting one later in life but I'm only 17 now so it's not really necessary haha

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/8/2014 7:10 PM

I've thought about a 22" bike. Think I'm just gonna try and go with a 20" bike with a 22" TT frame.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4/8/2014 7:18 PM

Yeah I made myself a 22" frame when i used to race with freestyle geo and just put 22" wheels on it basicall i grabbed the geo of a normal 20" frame and raised the scale then made it from that

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/8/2014 11:55 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote: I've thought about a 22" bike. Think I'm just gonna try and go with a 20" bike with a 22" TT frame.

After riding my sweet lurch all the time lately im going to say I miss the 24" and 20" wheels are still 20" wheels even with the room of a larger tt. Gonna put my saint on a diet

HEAVY bikes METAL music

4/9/2014 5:33 AM

After riding my sweet lurch all the time lately im going to say I miss the 24" and 20" wheels are still 20" wheels even with the room of a larger tt. Gonna put my saint on a diet

HEAVY bikes METAL music

4/10/2014 9:56 AM

I ride a 21.25 with 10" bars and a 22" bikes seems so tempting.

4/10/2014 10:12 AM

22" is my next build.... idk what frame tho

HEAVY bikes METAL music

4/13/2014 5:13 PM

Building another 22" soon. The Atf has great geo for me, but I'm gonna look around a bit before I grab a frame.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

Post a Reply to: Bigger BMX Bikes

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm