4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Biggest peeve in the sport

4/5/2012 5:09 PM

What truly pisses you off the most in or about bmx? Mine would have to be people who 180 and roll out like this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9WdyXpPqTI" I don't know why, it just really annoys me, nothing against the people, just the concept of it.

Public masturbation isn't illegal, it's just highly frowned upon.

4/5/2012 5:20 PM

When people stop having fun with it and take it way to seriously

Also when people jump right on the band wagon and go right to trying the most trendy tricks (i.e. Bar spins and tailwhips currently) but they never learn basics or bike control or think outside of the box and be original.

"The ratio of hours of building and maintaining trails is astronomically skewed in the wrong direction, but the pay off is indescribably worth it."

4/5/2012 5:33 PM

Indian Givers
Weight weenies and kids who say "I'm gonna take my brakes off so my bike will be lighter"
Kids that say pro hop, bronco, J-hop, deer hop, ect. Just call it a fucking hop.
Kids who watch me and then try to impress me by telling me they can do all these tricks and how they're so good, and then when you offer to let them ride your bike they say "I don't wanna break anything"

Just a few I can think of.

4/5/2012 5:36 PM

people following unjustified trends. just doing it because everyone else is.

just get a bike and ride, change only what doesnt feel right, doesnt work, or breaks.

doing business like its a business since 1985

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

BMX-Decals.com on Facebook!!!!!!!

4/5/2012 6:14 PM

weight weenies. my friend was like "dude you better start keeping track of the weight of the parts you get or your bike will get too heavy" i was like "i guarantee that every part on the market will not make my bike so heavy that i wont be able to ride it"

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

4/5/2012 7:37 PM

I'd say kids that hate on other peoples set up. I.E. kids who are brakeless hating on brake riders, or kids who like big bars hating on small bars, or fat seats or whatever it may be. Enjoy your own set up. Dont try and change other peoples!

Kids who think they need to learn certain tricks in a certain order. Its called Freestyle for a reason!
and FINALLY, i hate when people judge you because of the tricks you do. Like, ohh.. you like tailwhips? you must be a parkrat...
AND haha and the terms eaither parkrat, or streetrat when used derogatory. Ride whatever gives you that rush we all love, and dont hate on others.

4/5/2012 7:39 PM

Guy's named Chuck.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

4/5/2012 7:52 PM

OH, and when someone asks OTHER people if they should take off their brakes. Isnt that like a preference thing? haha

4/5/2012 7:55 PM

SoCalShreds wrote: I'd say kids that hate on other peoples set up. I.E. kids who are brakeless hating on brake riders, or kids who like big bars hating on small bars, or fat seats or whatever it may be. Enjoy your own set up. Dont try and change other peoples!

Kids who think they need to learn certain tricks in a certain order. Its called Freestyle for a reason!
and FINALLY, i hate when people judge you because of the tricks you do. Like, ohh.. you like tailwhips? you must be a parkrat...
AND haha and the terms eaither parkrat, or streetrat when used derogatory. Ride whatever gives you that rush we all love, and dont hate on others.

Quoted for truth.

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

4/5/2012 8:03 PM

PBJSammitch wrote: Indian Givers
Weight weenies and kids who say "I'm gonna take my brakes off so my bike will be lighter"
Kids that say pro hop, bronco, J-hop, deer hop, ect. Just call it a fucking hop.
Kids who watch me and then try to impress me by telling me they can do all these tricks and how they're so good, and then when you offer to let them ride your bike they say "I don't wanna break anything"

Just a few I can think of.

Hells to the yes my freind calls hops, pro hops just becuse you lift your front tire first. and he wont do anyhting becuse he is afraid to pop his tires. i jump off a maga drop but calls me a pussy becuse i won't compete in his stupied "pro hop" compition.

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

4/5/2012 8:51 PM

bad attitudes towards fellow riders

fighting over the internet is like racing in the special olympics... it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you're still a retard.............................

facebook.com/tedhuie

4/6/2012 4:06 AM

more of a skate park whine but bmxers and skaters that dont along for no reason? we are all here to enjoy the same thing.. i come from a small town and the is about 5 bmxer and 9 or 10 skaters and we all get along and hit up spots together and feed off eachother like i was doing allyoops for a 1\4 to a bank and a skater was like wow bro that was sick i wanna try it and he landed it haha, but other then that people who throw 10 bars in one clip

4/6/2012 4:39 AM

Bloghogs

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

4/6/2012 5:18 AM

a kid that goes to my school has a bmx and he thinks its better because its lighter and its falling apart tbh the chain is too loose and the has unsealed hubs and cant do anything, he told me to flat 360 and then i did one so he tried and he couldnt even get over 180 its so annoying

4/6/2012 5:41 AM

when people wear a beanie when its like 100 degrees out

4/6/2012 5:48 AM

when people say shit like: you have brakes that's gay and shit like that

parkrat.

4/6/2012 7:25 AM

People who aren't responsible for their own riding. For instance: "...my reasons for a loud hub, 1. It lets people know im around the corner or that im coming, cause i ride with headphones on and ride brakeless..."

(Copied from a post in a thread here a couple of months back.)

I used to ride a Mirraco 20Forty, but now I ride a Sunday-ed out Premium and I dig it!

4/6/2012 8:23 AM

lachie1996 wrote: more of a skate park whine but bmxers and skaters that dont along for no reason? we are all here to enjoy the same thing.. i come from a small town and the is about 5 bmxer and 9 or 10 skaters and we all get along and hit up spots together and feed off eachother like i was doing allyoops for a 1\4 to a bank and a skater was like wow bro that was sick i wanna try it and he landed it haha, but other then that people who throw 10 bars in one clip

were bmx riders not BMXers

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

4/6/2012 8:49 AM

bmx riders who hate on other bikes

4/6/2012 9:06 AM

loose chain and low psi in my tires

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

4/6/2012 10:18 AM

1) people hating on Pros because they feel like everyone has to have a style that they like, example, the Aaron Ross and Trey Jones thread.
2) people telling me to do tricks on the spot or kids yelling "do a bunnyhop!" as i'm riding somewhere.
3) My bars not being parallel with my forks lmao, I hate that shit, i spend like 8 minutes trying to figure out if they're perfect or not
4) Low PSI on my tires, I ride 80, and anything below that feels fucking horrible, and It makes me ride so slow
5) loose chain... shouldn't have to explain that one lol
6) breaking a chain when you're filming a clip you've been trying to get forever
7) people lying about what they can do and being completely unrealistic about what they are going to learn that day
8) people that buy parts when they don't NEED them
9) people that come up to you and ask to pick up your bike to see how light it is
10) kids starting out with custom bikes when they don't even know what a bunnyhop is.

Damn, I've been waiting for someone to ask this shit!!

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

4/6/2012 10:22 AM

orlandoBMXrider wrote: 1) people hating on Pros because they feel like everyone has to have a style that they like, example, the Aaron Ross and Trey Jones thread.
2) people telling me to do tricks on the spot or kids yelling "do a bunnyhop!" as i'm riding somewhere.
3) My bars not being parallel with my forks lmao, I hate that shit, i spend like 8 minutes trying to figure out if they're perfect or not
4) Low PSI on my tires, I ride 80, and anything below that feels fucking horrible, and It makes me ride so slow
6) breaking a chain when you're filming a clip you've been trying to get forever
7) people lying about what they can do and being completely unrealistic about what they are going to learn that day
9) people that come up to you and ask to pick up your bike to see how light it is
10) kids starting out with custom bikes when they don't even know what a bunnyhop is.

3- story of my life

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

4/6/2012 11:17 AM

orlandoBMXrider wrote: 1) people hating on Pros because they feel like everyone has to have a style that they like, example, the Aaron Ross and Trey Jones thread.

sketo wrote: 3- story of my life

3........ i take so long to get it perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIFE BEHIND BARS

4/6/2012 11:50 AM

Chuck8273 wrote: Bloghogs

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

4/6/2012 11:50 AM

sketo wrote: 3- story of my life

rideallday661 wrote: 3........ i take so long to get it perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys really fuss over that? Huh. I just put 'em where they're comfortable. Mine're always a little bit off.

4/6/2012 12:08 PM

hating in general
bars slipping
my back not healing
people getting in your way (i dont mind too much cause i know it happens alot but someone literally dropped off their kids at the skatepark without anything to ride and they ran around the place)
flat tires

4/6/2012 12:21 PM

iamtim wrote: You guys really fuss over that? Huh. I just put 'em where they're comfortable. Mine're always a little bit off.

Lol I do because i've been riding that way for so long that it's whats comfortable to me, so if anything goes wrong and my bars slip a bit, I could automatically tell that somethings not right

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

4/6/2012 12:30 PM

when im biking around town and my friend dodges across the street and i follow cause i assume it's clear but no, we both have to haul ass to avoid a car. or when you're mashin across town and they decide to turn down a street really quick without saying anything, I always yell dip!

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

4/6/2012 12:59 PM

when people "train" or "snake" me

4/6/2012 1:48 PM

1. never being able to keep my wheels true. drives me fucking crazy.
2. my seat fucking rapes my calf when i spin when its at any height other than slammed. hate slammed seats but its necessary for me.
3. the fact that i can hop like 2 feet higher when i hop with both wheels off the ground at the same time as opposed to front wheel off first. it looks stupid
4. when i wear a white shirt when i ride and the bottom of it on the back gets black from my tire
5. having literally 25+ bike shops in my town and NONE of them carry bmx shit.
that is all

selling refs: NikeOGD, maxbakerman, daniel 21, effigy, tjthemaxx, BmxRida4lyfe, PaViMo, JoeGreen, louie101202, Joao, Turbodsingle(x3), jmez123, ecuadevil, irideafly, motogrizz, Edge814, i like too bike(x2), Marco_Gonzalez, Mike - E, Brokenbmx, bmxsteve99, zinum(x2)
Instagram Credence MOD

Post a Reply to: Biggest peeve in the sport

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm