4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Bolt wont budge

6/15/2013 5:40 PM

I'm trying to take my sprocket side spindle bolt out, but it just wont budge... no matter how much i try.... probably because them stupid guys that put it on used locktight.... any idea on how to get it out.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 6:02 PM

anyone?

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 6:06 PM

Chrisaustin wrote: I'm trying to take my sprocket side spindle bolt out, but it just wont budge... no matter how much i try.... probably because them stupid guys that put it on used locktight.... any idea on how to get it out.

Well that is a real bitch right there. I hate when that happens and i am encountering a similar difficulty. Spray WD 40 around it, see if that helps, otherwise take your crank off like a 2piece.

6/15/2013 6:09 PM

let it soak in WD40

6/15/2013 6:11 PM

I'll buy some tomorrow and see if that works... i was thinking off popping it out like a 2 piece and see how that works I'll see what i can do.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 6:12 PM

Chrisaustin wrote: I'll buy some tomorrow and see if that works... i was thinking off popping it out like a 2 piece and see how that works I'll see what i can do.

Yeah just do that, I did that with my profiles for a long time lol.

30+ refs check profile.



"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

6/15/2013 6:12 PM

Sometimes your crank will be reverse threaded where the sprocket bolt threads in thats why they add Loctite. soak it in WD-40 and try turning it the opposite way youre trying to loosen it and if that doesnt work just muscle it and hope you dont strip it haha

Golf Wang
The Montaña Bike Check
Cult Sticker Hatred
Benny Fucking L
Refs: Showtime402, Mybike1986

6/15/2013 6:15 PM

you could try taking it off like a 2 piece crank, and lightly tapping the end of the spindle without an arm. That will push the spindle out a little bit and might help crack the bolt loose too since it's not jammed up against anything

6/15/2013 6:17 PM

Well i bought new bolts for the spindle so im putting the new bolt on there. thats why im taking the old bolts out.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 6:29 PM

Allen bolt?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

6/15/2013 6:53 PM

This happened with my stem on the bottom bolt attached to the forks I stripped the allen key and had to end up cutting the bolt with a hack saw.

Eat, Sleep, Ride BMX

Bike Check
Check it! ^

6/15/2013 8:02 PM

bloghogs wrote: Allen bolt?

yeah the hex bolt

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2013 8:04 PM

sk8termatt wrote: This happened with my stem on the bottom bolt attached to the forks I stripped the allen key and had to end up cutting the bolt with a hack saw.

I bought a badass hex key ratchet set on amazon.. Havent stripped any keys since

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 8:24 PM

Put a cresent wrench on the end of the allen key .Be carefull,it will want to slip.Grab end of cresent wrench.Watch bolt move........

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

6/15/2013 8:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2013 8:28 PM

bloghogs wrote: Put a cresent wrench on the end of the allen key .Be carefull,it will want to slip.Grab end of cresent wrench.Watch bolt move........

I have this Ratchet set So a crescent wrench isnt an option really... i even tried... but the fact that the ratchet isnt working worrys me about this bolt... like they superglued this shit in or something.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 8:44 PM

bloghogs wrote: Put a cresent wrench on the end of the allen key .Be carefull,it will want to slip.Grab end of cresent wrench.Watch bolt move........

Chrisaustin wrote: I have this Ratchet set So a crescent wrench isnt an option really... i even tried... but the fact that the ratchet isnt working worrys me about this bolt... like they superglued this shit in or something.

Breaker bar time! 20 in. minimum.
Or a pipe on the end of a ratchet.

Refs: Bought from Four ,TommyBoy & Xxohioanxx Traded tomdon & sold to Big Curn,tomdon,Four & Subrosa Luver

6/15/2013 8:59 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote: Breaker bar time! 20 in. minimum.
Or a pipe on the end of a ratchet.

But im so scared i might snap my hex key bit.... That shit cost me some money.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 9:02 PM

Lift weights and man up about it.......typing on a keyboard isnt getting that bolt off........scared of breaking a tool really?

6/15/2013 9:03 PM

eskimojay wrote: Lift weights and man up about it.......typing on a keyboard isnt getting that bolt off........scared of breaking a tool really?

Well when you dont have extra money laying around. It's not like i can afford to buy any more tools.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 9:05 PM

What are you unemployed?

6/15/2013 9:06 PM

eskimojay wrote: What are you unemployed?

No. Im fucking 16 and aint no damn jobs in a small town.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 9:10 PM

I live in a small town and i started working at 13........quit screwing around with a bolt and get out there and get a damn job

6/15/2013 9:12 PM

eskimojay wrote: I live in a small town and i started working at 13........quit screwing around with a bolt and get out there and get a damn job

Yessa masta... right away masta.

"You should actually ride so the sticker would get beaten up after time, if you think it's so cool" - Butterynoza
"Looking good man. Now lets see you riding it." - TheMerged
R.I.P Sickdude ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨


6/15/2013 11:46 PM

Chrisaustin wrote: No. Im fucking 16 and aint no damn jobs in a small town.

Nope, i live in THE small town. There is like no one, and i still mow 7 lawns! haha you can find a few for sure!

6/16/2013 12:56 AM

Heat it up with a lighter or blow torch. if you have an oxygen torch that would be even better. if it is locktited it will undo with ease

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

 photo bike_zpsb600f46b.jpg

6/17/2013 1:51 AM

Try shocking it by giving it a hard bang direct on to the bolt, it quite often works. Hopefully it should do it
Post a Reply to: Bolt wont budge

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm