- 96774 TheCantonC http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/96774/avatar/c50_376230_311973038898397_1871254565_n.jpg?1343503147 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/TheCantonC,96774/all 07/28/12 3 17
- 47267 Korean BMX http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/47267/avatar/c50_106686550_1246988344.jpg?1293105433 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/Korean-BMX,47267/all 07/07/09 7 44 128 11 2 3
- 47356 carjakester http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/47356/avatar/c50_wcap_021_mnt_bike.jpg?1349307951 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/carjakester,47356/all 07/08/09 16 6 5 412 10669 34 1 3
- 81702 armageddon http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/81702/avatar/c50_AAAAAoOQC50AAAAAAMC_Zw.jpg?1320904608 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/armageddon,81702/all 07/01/11 39 181 8
- 96485 ac~handley http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/96485/avatar/c50_IMAG0167.jpg?1355475435 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/ac-handley,96485/all 07/19/12 52 550 1 1 3
- 95967 sbc785 http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/95967/avatar/c50_avy2.jpg?1346977136 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sbc785,95967/all 07/05/12 8 27 5805 1 3
- 96433 BSDizzle http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/96433/avatar/c50_they_live_av.jpg?1343637284 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/BSDizzle,96433/all 07/18/12 2 110
- 47340 kikcer2 http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/47340/avatar/c50_jellyfish.jpg?1344891544 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/kikcer2,47340/all 07/08/09 7 1 55 1945 24 2
- 96397 Sharpy http://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/96397/avatar/c50_Capture_1.jpg?1361685840 http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/Sharpy,96397/all 07/17/12 4 104 1065 3 1
Brand New Bmx Crank Noise
flys like garbage and crap
refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert
Subscribe to me on Youtube.
Ya actually i will try that because i remember the cranks creeking a bit befor it started
armageddon wrote: try loosening them up. sometimes cranks can pop like that when they are over tightened.
Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.
sbc785 wrote: make sure the sprocket is on straight, sometimes the popping is the chain on the sprocket teeth once it gets to a certain position.
flys like garbage and crap
That sounds exactly like mine but mine is at the 12 oclock
kikcer2 wrote: check your sprocket. i have an issue when my drive side reaches the 3 oclock my sprocket is a little further away then it makes my chain really tight and it pops against the side of my chain.
Hiw did you fix yours??
But my bike is new and it is not ceap
BSDizzle wrote: If you've checked the sprocket then like I said, its a flat spot in one of the bearings, super common on cheap bikes. Get a new bb
Ok ya have i have been jumping but only small as am only starting out but i think i have fixed it i took both cranks off and put them back on and tightened them then i tightened the chain and took off my pedals and oil them and it has stopped since.. Am goin to buy some proper lube from my lbs and will grease it up.. Thanks
BSDizzle wrote: If you've been jumping on it then flat spots can happen any time.
Sorry, I didn't mean the whole bike is cheap, but if its a complete the they do scrimp on certain parts to keep the overall cost down.
Take it to your local shop and get them to take a look.
How couLd it be when i took be when i took it out and made sure it was inline.. I still happened after thy and then i tightened my cranks and oiled my pedals and tightened my chain then it was gone.. I am nearly sure it was the cranks and pedals
sbc785 wrote: it's your damn sprocket
Its cause it is brand new... bearings have to wear in and seat properly... it should take 1-2 weeks of riding until it wears in.
TheCantonC wrote: HI there..I bought a hoffman condor off chainreaction and received it thursday..I have noticed since i got it a popping noise in the cranks..it happens everytime the driveterain side crank reaches the 12 oclock position...I am wondering if the cranks are just wearing in or is it that the are broke?? thanks
Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon