4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Clear brake pads are not working!

1/14/2012 11:58 PM

I recently got a new wheel which has an Alienation Runaway Rim in black. I also got the Eclat Clear Brake Pads to go with it. Pretty much, my brakes do not work well AT ALL. I always clean my rim and sand the brake pads, and my brakes work well for about an hour or so. But then, they start to not work well. Even if I pull my brakes as hard as I can, the pads will not grip the rim. What's up with this? I thought clear pads on colored rims were supposed to get the job done? So after every time I ride, I have to take my pads off and sand them. When I go to sand them, the pads have like black shiny build up on them which seems to be from the rim. I also live in the desert which might be one of the problems.

So is it the rim causing the problem? Does anyone else have this happening to them? Ways to prevent this? HELP!!!

Thanks,
Corey

1/15/2012 12:11 AM

Arent you sponsored now?

BUBBA

1/15/2012 12:11 AM

maybe the brakes aren't tensioned properly?

1/15/2012 12:14 AM

maybe the rim is poo

1/15/2012 12:39 AM

Hmmmm, sounds like the pads are made of a hard ass compound. This might be a shot in the dark, but maybe heat them up with a hair dryer/heat gun to soften them up and wait for the pads to cool and then try em out.

Instagram - @hunnamo

1/15/2012 10:49 AM

I had the same problem with mine. Try Fly or Odyssey pads

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

1/15/2012 10:53 AM

put some soda on a rag and wipe it on your rim, low amount of soda just so the rim as a little stickiness to it

Follow me on twitter @scooteffting
Follow me on instagram: scooteffting

1/15/2012 11:02 AM

catfish95 wrote: I had the same problem with mine. Try Fly or Odyssey pads

this i use ODY slim by 4s whenever i ran brakes and they were amazing!!

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

1/15/2012 11:09 AM

Mine are Tektro clear compound, and have an insane amount of grip.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/15/2012 1:00 PM

mine grip pretty nice and theyre all fucked up too so idk what the problem is for you

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/15/2012 5:38 PM

I have a Primo 7000 series rim in black and rock Odyssey Clear pads, I have had less than perfect (loud) braking like 3 times in a year.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

1/15/2012 6:51 PM

Wussup Corey! Let's ride soon at Three-Diamond Skatepark haha

1/15/2012 8:11 PM

if the pads arnt grippin when clamped tight take em off clean em NO SOAP & scuff em up with sandpaper or on concrete & try that if it don't work use soada pop on em just set em in a lil let em dry they'll grip

REFS= jakesalbert(x2), ride stoned(x2), ron44ald, fsearles, Warchol2(x2), the Balt(x2), jb07(x4), Riverside rider, Truebikerface, Droogskull, sandysik6six(x2), ryanxanimalbmx(x4), ScramHype(x5), CustomS&Mryder, Perkins94(x4), milou, ecuadevil(x9), Dee Hos(x5), Bmxryder2001, Netty Speghetti, Superstar DK(x7), Bstick(x3), iibmxii(x2), trentydoo, A08(x4), White Knight, Tito24(x2), Piffery, Pcoco(x2), Patriotsfan11, 562_rider, blaine80, joe dirt, ninjacat33, tinybikerider33, Bmxscout48, fly for life, Mnsketch, Night Light, Creativebmx, Verdecustom, KWC92, louie101202(x2), lilrider187, calirider89, EatMyButt, asilva23, kurtnut, motogrizz, disdiqqq, adam1234, four, Zackhendrix....txt 402-659-414three......... my most valued possession is my dark black past

1/16/2012 2:48 AM

take off your brakes.
Post a Reply to: Clear brake pads are not working!

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm