4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Clicking noise when pedaling

9/9/2012 7:06 PM

idk what it is, but when i start to pedal, somewhere in the bb/cranks area starts to click when i get 3/4ths of a rotation with my cranks. i tightened my pedals, my cranks, the crankbolt that goes into the sproket, and i dont know what could be clicking. ill try to get a video of the noise tomorrow

Q:What would you do if you saw someone trying to steal your bike?
A: Well, if I was with friends, I'd punch him in the stomach so he bends over and knee him right in the jaw, if he tries to strike back, I'd grab his arm, twist it, and trip at the same time so that he falls to the ground, and then ill get my friends to back me up and curb-stomp the shit outta him, then take my bike back, and walk away feeling like a boss...
.............but if I was alone, Id be a pussy and snatch the bike and ride away as fast as I could.

9/9/2012 7:14 PM

try regreasing everything

Refs: netty speghetti, aw1234512[x2], Dudeisdrumer109, daniel21, paVimo, ticaleb, Showtime402[x2], brendan.magner.9
VIDEO OF OUR DIRT SKATEPARK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l6T-1xEwo

9/9/2012 7:17 PM

i only regreased my chain and pedals, i havent done my bb because im not sure how to do that. but ill give it a shot

Q:What would you do if you saw someone trying to steal your bike?
A: Well, if I was with friends, I'd punch him in the stomach so he bends over and knee him right in the jaw, if he tries to strike back, I'd grab his arm, twist it, and trip at the same time so that he falls to the ground, and then ill get my friends to back me up and curb-stomp the shit outta him, then take my bike back, and walk away feeling like a boss...
.............but if I was alone, Id be a pussy and snatch the bike and ride away as fast as I could.

9/9/2012 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2012 7:44 PM

i bet your front sprocket isn't straight and the chain clicks as it hits the teeth every time it rotates to that one spot on the sprocket which is out of line...

9/9/2012 8:02 PM

sbc785 wrote: i bet your front sprocket isn't straight and the chain clicks as it hits the teeth every time it rotates to that one spot on the sprocket which is out of line...

i get the same thing. and i know this is my issue. my bb is a little loose and so when i get to that spot on my chain ring while riding i get the clicks because the ring is torquing a little to the side. but if i just flip the bike upside down and spin it, no sound because its a combo of small issues.

9/9/2012 8:19 PM

sbc785 wrote: i bet your front sprocket isn't straight and the chain clicks as it hits the teeth every time it rotates to that one spot on the sprocket which is out of line...

this.

also it could be something in your splines that whenever pressure is applied to just a certain area, it clicks due to some dirt on the splines. take your cranks off, clean the splines up, put a dab of grease on them, and try again. so be sure to check what sbc said

9/9/2012 8:26 PM

I'd mostly say grease up your bottom bracket, cranks, and chain. Pedals, sprocket, and driver aren't too important as long as you've got enough grease on your chain.

Most up-to-date/latest bike check.

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/9/2012 8:31 PM

chain clicking on your sprocket

9/9/2012 8:33 PM

Ex's and Oh's wrote: chain clicking on your sprocket

He could also have his chain too loose or theres not enough grease on the chain.

Most up-to-date/latest bike check.

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

Post a Reply to: Clicking noise when pedaling

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm