4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Crankflip to Vader Slide - Worlds first?

8/18/2014 7:41 AM

I recently landed a new trick, Crankflip to vader slide and i've done research into it trying to find if anybody else has landed it before and i cant find anything, only a crankflip to footjam by mike curley, does anybody know if this is a worlds first?

8/18/2014 11:15 AM

No idea but I would like to see a video. I think it would look sick plus I love crankflips.

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

8/18/2014 7:35 PM

Vid or it didn't happen because no matter how I play it through in my head it doesn't make sense lol.

8/18/2014 7:41 PM

Does to me. I am sure I have seen it before somewhere. By "Vader slide" do you mean Vader Nosewheelie?
Like what he is doing at 33 seconds or so?

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

8/19/2014 12:01 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Does to me. I am sure I have seen it before somewhere. By "Vader slide" do you mean Vader Nosewheelie?
Like what he is doing at 33 seconds or so?

Yeah like that but crankflip into it on a quarter, I'll try upload the video today

8/19/2014 12:19 AM

I do crankflips all the time and while I've done crankflips out of footjams… I've never once thought of doing one into one haha thanks for the idea.

8/19/2014 12:44 AM

BLVCK wrote: Vid or it didn't happen because no matter how I play it through in my head it doesn't make sense lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7QlHDa4rtM&feature=youtu.be

8/19/2014 12:45 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote: I do crankflips all the time and while I've done crankflips out of footjams… I've never once thought of doing one into one haha thanks for the idea.

yeah crankflips are the best haha, i cant do them out of footjams as my more comfortable way of crankflipping is left foot forward yet i am RFF and i spin left

8/19/2014 12:53 AM

seanyatesy wrote: yeah crankflips are the best haha, i cant do them out of footjams as my more comfortable way of crankflipping is left foot forward yet i am RFF and i spin left

I'm right foot forward and kick with my right foot, but also footjam with my right foot, so what I do is when I go to hop out I just quickly take my left foot and put it under my left pedal and kick it forward as I hop out. It's kinda sketchy but it works haha.

8/19/2014 12:58 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote: I'm right foot forward and kick with my right foot, but also footjam with my right foot, so what I do is when I go to hop out I just quickly take my left foot and put it under my left pedal and kick it forward as I hop out. It's kinda sketchy but it works haha.

that sounds pretty cool though haha, have you tried popping from a footjam then catching pedal then trying to kick the crankflip?

8/19/2014 1:02 AM

seanyatesy wrote: that sounds pretty cool though haha, have you tried popping from a footjam then catching pedal then trying to kick the crankflip?

Not really, I'll have to try that sometime for sure

8/19/2014 1:06 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Not really, I'll have to try that sometime for sure

yeah that would look awesome, i really want to find out if this is a worlds first or not its bugging me haha

8/19/2014 1:48 AM

I don't understand this.. So you did a regular crankflip but you footjam goofy? Or do you do crankflips goofy-footed?

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/19/2014 1:51 AM

Props, looks sick. I cant do em, freecoaster with a fucked bb = uncrankflipable

NEW Bike check

8/19/2014 2:31 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: I don't understand this.. So you did a regular crankflip but you footjam goofy? Or do you do crankflips goofy-footed?

most people dont at first haha, i crankflip goofy footed because when i learnt them for some reason i couldnt kick them at all with my right foot, so joking around i tried it goofy footed and they spun so then i just learnt them goofy footed, i can now crankflip normal footed but it isnt consistent like my goofy ones

8/19/2014 2:32 AM

EddiMundo wrote: Props, looks sick. I cant do em, freecoaster with a fucked bb = uncrankflipable

thanks, and yeah i see your problem, my mate has a free coaster thats fucked and i nearly died trying to crankflip it

8/19/2014 4:05 AM

The coaster is fine, my bb is fuuuucked. If i take the chain off and spin the cranks they go round like 1 and a half times haha. Getting some fresh bearings Thursday thooo

NEW Bike check

8/19/2014 8:29 AM

that was pretty sick

8/19/2014 8:49 AM

Now how about a crankflip to can jam.

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

8/19/2014 8:54 AM

FBC2012 wrote: Now how about a crankflip to can jam.

Yeah ive been thinking about them funnily enough, as soon as i land it ill upload it, wont be riding for about a week due to reading festival though
Post a Reply to: Crankflip to Vader Slide - Worlds first?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm