4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

DK Bikes at Walmart

10/2/2011 6:26 AM

Photobucket

Its sad. Thoughts?

10/2/2011 6:28 AM

WTFFF! was that the only one there?

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/2/2011 6:42 AM

shame

10/2/2011 6:43 AM

im kinda livid about this.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/2/2011 6:57 AM

DK is owned by huffy

twitter

PROBZ

10/2/2011 7:01 AM

BJ Tomczik wrote: DK is owned by huffy

Serious?

10/2/2011 7:02 AM

Brokenbmx wrote: Serious?

ths ^ never knew that. Haha that means brett bannanasandwich rides for a huffy brand

10/2/2011 7:22 AM

a legit bmx bike in walmart is sad???? i think this is good. maybe places like walmart will start selling the lower end completes. that would be good. more kids starting out on a good bike.

SUNDAY OG

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

10/2/2011 8:23 AM

Thought they knew! Don't tell them what companies use the same vendors, manufacturers, or factories cause you might just break their hearts.

10/2/2011 8:24 AM

og-rider wrote: a legit bmx bike in walmart is sad???? i think this is good. maybe places like walmart will start selling the lower end completes. that would be good. more kids starting out on a good bike.

Since when is being a sellout good?

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

10/2/2011 8:36 AM

yeah i think its bad. this means bike shops with a lot less business

Chris P

10/2/2011 9:24 AM

So much for not selling to big distributors to help local bike shops... lost any respect i had for DK when i saw this

If you were a woman Id bash your skull =)

10/2/2011 10:27 AM

og-rider wrote: a legit bmx bike in walmart is sad???? i think this is good. maybe places like walmart will start selling the lower end completes. that would be good. more kids starting out on a good bike.

Spenlard wrote: Since when is being a sellout good?

when you can get quality products to a lot of people, "selling out" is a good thing. besides, its not like DK is some small rider owned business. they've been in it for the money FOREVER. Like when they had 1800 CALL-ATT as a co-sponsor, and they logo was all over the jersey all their pro riders wore at contests

fighting over the internet is like racing in the special olympics... it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you're still a retard.............................

facebook.com/tedhuie

10/2/2011 10:31 AM

2hipbmx212 wrote: So much for not selling to big distributors to help local bike shops... lost any respect i had for DK when i saw this

This is pretty much the only thing I have a problem with, it's one thing to try to get your product everywhere, it's another thing to do it after declaring that you are not selling to mail order companies for the sake of the small bike shops

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

10/2/2011 10:34 AM

2hipbmx212 wrote: So much for not selling to big distributors to help local bike shops... lost any respect i had for DK when i saw this

cupovjoe wrote: This is pretty much the only thing I have a problem with, it's one thing to try to get your product everywhere, it's another thing to do it after declaring that you are not selling to mail order companies for the sake of the small bike shops

sorta like Cult also...

but not to this extent.

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

10/2/2011 10:38 AM

GT on the left.

Been doing this for a while now.You would think that the bike companys would have learned what happens to a brand image when you sell cheap knock offs at dept.stores.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

10/2/2011 10:51 AM

They will pay for this... and most likely regret it... unless of course they are cool with being a shitty brand.

Photobucket

10/2/2011 10:53 AM

So hypocritical... pisses me off

10/2/2011 10:55 AM

new mongoose anyone?

""'''''''\-------/"''"""'
4 pc. \-----/ are still cool... but I don't ride them

10/2/2011 10:55 AM

They must've not noticed what happened to Mongoose and Diamondback which were once both considered to be legit until their stuff started showing up in department stores and sporting good stores.

Photobucket

10/2/2011 10:58 AM

I hate Walmart! DKs should be at local bike shops, not retail stores that don't even need a profit

10/2/2011 11:01 AM

Now that i think about it, they may be losing money and needed a way to make money to stay in business, Idk if the owners of dk are like this or not but, I think they think that if they can make more money selling shitty bikes than they can selling legitamate quality bikes they dgaf about what people think of them. Unfortunately, the owner most likely only cares how much money he makes, not what actual bikers think of his company.

10/2/2011 11:09 AM

Haha being from Ohio there are alot of DK's here, idk about other places but even before this i didn't like DK, and the fact they kicked Chris Doyle off after 9 years over the Duo thing proves DK is a shitty company, I find this funny.

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

10/2/2011 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2011 11:12 AM

Spenlard wrote: Since when is being a sellout good?

tedhuie wrote: when you can get quality products to a lot of people, "selling out" is a good thing. besides, its not like DK is some small rider owned business. they've been in it for the money FOREVER. Like when they had 1800 CALL-ATT as a co-sponsor, and they logo was all over the jersey all their pro riders wore at contests

Yeah. but you've got to think. They never sold their parts on mail order sites because they wanted to help lbs's. Now they just go and start selling bikes at wal marts? And, their parts will most likely get lower quality over time and end up like mongoose, where pretty much the only people riding the nice parts are the people on the team. well, now that I think of it noone has been riding dk parts for a while now..

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

10/2/2011 11:17 AM

Ok so DK is limiting mail-orders, but they will sell bikes at Walmart?
WOW.....

10/2/2011 11:25 AM

Really on the fence about it. It is hypocritical and DK was a brand I likened to my younger years. Pretty whack, but yeah, it obviously broadens the horizon for lil kids just starting out, adjusting to the more "core" aspect of bmx. I'm more disappointed that Doyle left (did he really get booted?!). Fucked

10/2/2011 11:35 AM

nobody wrote: Really on the fence about it. It is hypocritical and DK was a brand I likened to my younger years. Pretty whack, but yeah, it obviously broadens the horizon for lil kids just starting out, adjusting to the more "core" aspect of bmx. I'm more disappointed that Doyle left (did he really get booted?!). Fucked

Yeah, He's on Kink now though.http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Doyle-off-DK,507

30+ refs check profile.

"I like chicks that look like Ronald Reagan"- Chris

10/2/2011 11:46 AM

wtf? I had no idea...weird. Ohhh yeah, I guess I do remember seeing all those Kink Doyle completes....I'm a moron. Good fit, PA rider on that Rochester rawness. Welp, damn Dk way to go the Standard route and not really target the street crowd (Kachinsky, my apologies)

10/2/2011 11:50 AM

and Doyle's banger ender in "Safety First"....I must be a little fuzzier from last night than I thought...

10/2/2011 12:24 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote: Ok so DK is limiting mail-orders, but they will sell bikes at Walmart?
WOW.....

this is what i was thinking... granted they are lower end completes but still complete BS. its a shame i was thinking they were innovative for some of their products guess i wont be buying that stuff now.
Post a Reply to: DK Bikes at Walmart

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm