4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Daily Grind Infinity Guard

3/24/2014 4:24 PM

Just got my Daily Grind Infinity rear guard in the mail today. These are releasing at the end of next month but I got hooked up since I dented in my LT after only a few sessions on it. My first thoughts are- WOW!!! Its designed beautifully to be lightweight and still offer superior protection. It is made from chromoly and is thin in some places and thick where needed. Its also much thinner on the base so it fits perfectly between your hub's bearing hardware and your frame dropout without the need to spread your frame. It is MUCH shallower than the LT. It fits on my Gsport Ratchet with no washers at all, where as the LT required THREE washers to barely keep it off of my spokes. It is a little bit wider and gives better spoke protection especially for large flanged hubs like mine. The LT was the same size as my hub flange so it offered little to no spoke protection.
The Infinity features somewhat of a buldged design. The inner walls bulge out to make it REALLY thick where needed but really thin where unnecessary. I would estimate at the peak of the buldge the guard is around 6-7.5mm thick, at the bottom of the guard (near the base) around 3-3.5mm thick, and the top of the guard (closest to your spokes) around 5-6mm thick with around a 7-8mm "shelf" that goes around the entire top of the guard.
it is BEEFY but barely weighs more than the LT due to its buldge design and its shallowness. Its definitely a piece of fine work and I look forward to putting it to the test. There is not a single doubt in my mind about this guard. It will most definitely be the last one I own.
Pics

Compared to the LT (left)

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/24/2014 4:34 PM

That's so awesome that they hooked you up with one.

3/24/2014 4:39 PM

I Need To Get Me Some DG Guards For My Casual! They're SICK! I Gotta Get some Daily Grind Frame Stickers aswell FFS haha!

3/24/2014 10:53 PM

Is the axle slot area too thin? I think they could've just left it beefed up, but that could cause spacing problems. Still, I think it could be a tiny bit more thicker.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/25/2014 4:38 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: Is the axle slot area too thin? I think they could've just left it beefed up, but that could cause spacing problems. Still, I think it could be a tiny bit more thicker.

Nah its perfect. Thick enough but not too thick. The base of the LT was unnecessarily thick. Mind you its a chromoly guard.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

3/25/2014 7:54 AM

Cool

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/25/2014 11:30 AM

Do you think it would fit the Odyssey antigram with no spacers

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/25/2014 11:49 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote: Do you think it would fit the Odyssey antigram with no spacers

Antigram has the same spacing as the Ratchet so yes.

3/25/2014 1:25 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote: Do you think it would fit the Odyssey antigram with no spacers

HardBMX_Tim wrote: Antigram has the same spacing as the Ratchet so yes.

Buying it

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/25/2014 1:59 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: Antigram has the same spacing as the Ratchet so yes.

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote: Buying it

It appears dans has them instock? Though maybe its like the Tree headset they supposedly had and theyre just full of shit.
Jon told me he only got a very small batch in on Friday and the rest aren't coming until the end of April. So idk whatsup with that.

3/25/2014 2:05 PM

Watch it break again LOL

It looks good

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

3/25/2014 6:19 PM

Pretty rad of DG to hook you up with that

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/26/2014 12:31 AM

would this fit the colony wasp cassette hub?

3/26/2014 4:40 AM

colony4ever wrote: would this fit the colony wasp cassette hub?

The wasp hub uses a shemale axle so the guard would take up all the space on the axle nub and then you would have to run a peg adapter inbetween your dropout and axle bolt. Technically it would but its really not a good idea. Look into the Animal PYN guard, theyre supposed to be releasing chromoly sleeves for it soon and it will work on the Wasp by replacing the non drive side hardware.

Imo running pegs on a 3/8 rear hub is stupid to begin with, I would look into a new hub.

Post a Reply to: Daily Grind Infinity Guard

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm