4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

FUCKING hyperextended shoulder

8/4/2009 7:35 PM

Ok, I have this recurring problem of... you guessed it, hyperextending my shoulder. I did exercises for months and they didn't help, even physical therapy didn't do too much. Other than just working harder to build the muscle around my shoulder, does anybody know of anything I can do?

Also, why can't anybody type with proper grammar?

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

MOTW: 4/19 - 4/20 - 4/25 (2010)

8/4/2009 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2009 7:40 PM

i c4n typ3 w1th pr0p3r gr4mmur!?,.:'

Boxman for President

8/4/2009 7:42 PM

Don't be a pussy ass bitch.

Refs: irideafly, nikpeterson, spikez5, \BMX-1995/

8/4/2009 7:47 PM

i have a similar prob i hyper extended my knee and it still hasnt come good and i crashed my motorbike at 100 kilometres an hour (approx 64mile and hour) and that was 5 years ago and i still have troubles. knee was a couple of months ago though. just takes time. i would reccomend seein a physiotherapist.

Ride it like you Stole it. BMX 4 Life.

8/4/2009 8:06 PM

nitrojimbo wrote: Don't be a pussy ass bitch.

Has this ever happened to you? Four times in half a year? STFU. It's painful AND keeps me from riding for about two weeks every time it happens. Go jump the Grand Canyon, or you're a pussy ass bitch.

FTW!

8/4/2009 8:06 PM

I ride fit wrote: i c4n typ3 w1th pr0p3r gr4mmur!?,.:'

l4wlZ!

FTW!

8/4/2009 8:09 PM

the only things you can do is to build up the muscles around it, or get a shoulder brace. EVS makes a good one for motocross, heres a link to it.

http://www.nextag.com/EVS-SB02-Shoulder-Brace-612003291/prices-html?nxtg=c560a24051a-95A7E4C72DA7C6F8

i'd talk to your dr or physical therapist before i used it, but its an option.

The man, the myth, the legend has returned to vital... Be back on a bike again soon.

8/4/2009 8:11 PM

Thanks, I'm thinking of trying the workouts with some protein intake... But that shoulder brace is probably going to be wrapped around me before the years up.

FTW!

8/4/2009 8:17 PM

how do you hyper extend your shoulder?
its not a hinge joint
are you sure your calling it the right thing because i know you can seperate, dislocate, sprain, strain but ive never heard of hyper extending a shoulder
i have shoulder problems too i seperated it a couple months ago and it still hurts to put my hand down when i bail
my doctor told me the only thing to do for it was to stengthen the muscles around it mostly the the back muscles though

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

8/4/2009 8:17 PM

imchrisperez wrote: Thanks, I'm thinking of trying the workouts with some protein intake... But that shoulder brace is probably going to be wrapped around me before the years up.

protein will boost your gains a good amount, but i'd get some cell tech if you want so see ridiculously quick gains without roids. when i was having shoulder problems after i tore my bicep tendon i was doing this after every workout

3x10 for all

db shrugs
db curl and press
db standing fly's
db standing lateral raises
db rows

usually with like 10-15 lbs. dont put the weight down except between sets. just do fly's, lateral raises, rows, curl and press's, then shrugs (10 reps each exercise) and then set em down for a minute. then do the next and repeat.

this workout got my shoulder beefed back up again in like a month. its gonna kick your ass the first couple times you do it though, i promise.

The man, the myth, the legend has returned to vital... Be back on a bike again soon.

8/4/2009 8:23 PM

The EVS shoulder thing works really good. It keep good pressure on the shoulder for people whove dislocated it but im sure for w.e. youve done it would work too. give it a try.

Photobucket

8/5/2009 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2009 11:11 AM

brentrides wrote: how do you hyper extend your shoulder?
its not a hinge joint
are you sure your calling it the right thing because i know you can seperate, dislocate, sprain, strain but ive never heard of hyper extending a shoulder
i have shoulder problems too i seperated it a couple months ago and it still hurts to put my hand down when i bail
my doctor told me the only thing to do for it was to stengthen the muscles around it mostly the the back muscles though

Well, I may be slightly misinformed, but I thought that hyperextension was essentially a minor dislocation. Maybe what's happening is dislocation, I'm not sure...

I just looked it up, you're totally right. Sorry, when I first sustained the injury and researched it that's all I heard. It is/was a partial dislocation.

Thanks for all the input everyone, especially ridebmxnc, thanks for the routine. I think I'm going to start that today. :D

FTW!

Post a Reply to: FUCKING hyperextended shoulder

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm