4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

First day - Hang fives (Video)

11/6/2013 8:58 AM

Ok, so yesterday i decided i needed to progress and learn hang fives, Here's some of the better one's i got on video. i landed a few that were better earlier in the day. Looking for tips, so far i've been recommended to hop into it, and to lock my arms. anything else?

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/6/2013 9:14 AM

you gotta get your seat up into your butt. the second one you did was the best, but to balance you lock out your arms to put the seat up in there and balance like that. itll be especially hard if you try learning to hop up stuff into hang 5s while having the back of the bike loose and swinging around

11/6/2013 9:14 AM

i wouldn't recommend hopping into it until you can comfortable balance hang 5 that would be crazy, and don't lock your arms either you need them them to adjust, you can balance with your neck or leg whichever you feel more comfortable with, also you can stay at the top of your drive way pull your bike into the hang 5 position and try getting a feel for it that way help learn where your balance point is.

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

11/6/2013 9:30 AM

FEDEXdoobie wrote: you gotta get your seat up into your butt. the second one you did was the best, but to balance you lock out your arms to put the seat up in there and balance like that. itll be especially hard if you try learning to hop up stuff into hang 5s while having the back of the bike loose and swinging around

Oh no, im not talking about hoping up stuff to hang five, but rather then kinda just laying my foot on the front peg kinda hop into it. Yea im having a hard time getting my seat to my butt. it keeps stopping on my inner thigh. Might try raising my seat up a bit.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/6/2013 1:05 PM

Push with your arms to get your back end up/seat into your butt.

Did you learn manuals (assuming you can do them) by hopping onto or into them? Don't do it with hang5's. learn the balance point first. Hoping into them will come easily.

Then practice a bunch.

11/6/2013 3:28 PM

Your not getting your back wheel up enough, and your seat needs to be up in your ass hahaha. Don't hop into it. It should be a nice smooth transition. Use your leg for balance. Get ready to go over the bars. I should make a how to hang 5 video

4 Pegs Or No Pegs

11/6/2013 5:57 PM

when i used to ride. my secret was to hunch forward a little. let your head be a little forward and yeah make sure to let it be snug on your butt, where theres a little pressure, but not enough to push you forward.

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

11/6/2013 8:47 PM

When I did shitty ones I kicked the back way hard. Try kicking the back harer and once you feel the seat hit your ass start tilting your face foreword

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

11/6/2013 10:17 PM

pnj wrote: Push with your arms to get your back end up/seat into your butt.

Did you learn manuals (assuming you can do them) by hopping onto or into them? Don't do it with hang5's. learn the balance point first. Hoping into them will come easily.

Then practice a bunch.

Good advice, haha yes i can manual, i shall work on them more when its not raining. Im learning my balance point better each time i ride, i also found lowering my tire pressure a tad helped.

11/7/2013 3:14 AM

Good tip that always helped me is locking my seat down under my ass so the frame doesn't swing sideways and get you of balance.
I can hang 5 longer than I manual.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

Post a Reply to: First day - Hang fives (Video)

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm