4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Freecoaster hub??

12/3/2013 4:29 PM

So I'm in the process of building a new bike and I kinda want to do some more flatland so I was thinking of a freecoaster. I've had some buddies tell me that he knew someone with one but it took almost a half turn of the cranks or more till the cassette engage. I that a common thing, or was it just his wheel?

12/3/2013 4:32 PM

very common thing, and as you ride, you might end up liking that
all coasters can change the slack so it is close to a cassette or really a lot
i ride street on a khe reverse at full slack, about 1/2 a crank, you get used to it pretty fast

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

12/3/2013 4:38 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote: very common thing, and as you ride, you might end up liking that
all coasters can change the slack so it is close to a cassette or really a lot
i ride street on a khe reverse at full slack, about 1/2 a crank, you get used to it pretty fast

Cool, thanks man. I'll probably have to find someone with one to see if I'll be able to get used to it

12/3/2013 4:52 PM

Get an EZRA Convertible Freecoaster! I was a total SNOB towards EZRA, they put out A LOT of cheap, pretty shitty looking Parts, But I had heard SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much good about this Hub so I thought hell I'll give it a go I want to replace it with the Profile Coaster when it's released anyways! Well some other Opportunities have presented themselves & my money will be going elsewhere, I was Determined to get the Profile Coaster to match my Profile Elite Front Hub & now I have some other things in the works i doubt I will have the money to get a Profile Freecoaster as well.. However after my first few rides on the EZRA Coaster I am 110% content to keep it! I am riding strictly Flatland right now & I will be riding Streetland again very soon! Streetland is pretty much My thing, ask pretty much anyone on this site, Check out my Bike Checks! My Bikes are set up for Flatland with Street Capabilities! Well.... I have my EZRA set up with Medium Slack & I have no more than a 1/4 Crank Turn before it Engages, It Engages Quicker, Smoother & WAAAAAY More Solid than ANY of the SHITTY KHE Coasters I have run in the past! I have had NOTHING but Problems with KHE Coasters & after Riding the EZRA I will never, EVER go back to the KHE Clutch Design! When I get my next Wheelset the Freecoaster WILL be using a VERY Similar design to the EZRA & I will recommend the Hub to ANYONE who is looking to get into the Freecoaster Game! You can run it with Minimal Slack too! The Medium Slack is barely anything so god knows how quickly it will Engage with the Minimal Slack! AND the HUGE Plus with the EZRA Coaster is if Freecoasting is not for You, You can switch out the Clutch Plate for Driver Pawls & BOOM You have a Cassette Hub!

EZRA/EZRA Styled Hubs FTW!!!!

12/3/2013 5:03 PM

Topsey wrote: Get an EZRA Convertible Freecoaster! I was a total SNOB towards EZRA, they put out A LOT of cheap, pretty shitty looking Parts, But I had heard SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much good about this Hub so I thought hell I'll give it a go I want to replace it with the Profile Coaster when it's released anyways! Well some other Opportunities have presented themselves & my money will be going elsewhere, I was Determined to get the Profile Coaster to match my Profile Elite Front Hub & now I have some other things in the works i doubt I will have the money to get a Profile Freecoaster as well.. However after my first few rides on the EZRA Coaster I am 110% content to keep it! I am riding strictly Flatland right now & I will be riding Streetland again very soon! Streetland is pretty much My thing, ask pretty much anyone on this site, Check out my Bike Checks! My Bikes are set up for Flatland with Street Capabilities! Well.... I have my EZRA set up with Medium Slack & I have no more than a 1/4 Crank Turn before it Engages, It Engages Quicker, Smoother & WAAAAAY More Solid than ANY of the SHITTY KHE Coasters I have run in the past! I have had NOTHING but Problems with KHE Coasters & after Riding the EZRA I will never, EVER go back to the KHE Clutch Design! When I get my next Wheelset the Freecoaster WILL be using a VERY Similar design to the EZRA & I will recommend the Hub to ANYONE who is looking to get into the Freecoaster Game! You can run it with Minimal Slack too! The Medium Slack is barely anything so god knows how quickly it will Engage with the Minimal Slack! AND the HUGE Plus with the EZRA Coaster is if Freecoasting is not for You, You can switch out the Clutch Plate for Driver Pawls & BOOM You have a Cassette Hub!

EZRA/EZRA Styled Hubs FTW!!!!

That sounds great. I ride pretty much only street with my bike now, but I want to build a whole new one. I'll totally check those out. They sound like the best of both worlds

12/3/2013 5:17 PM

Eclat will be Dropping Their LONG, LONG, LONG awaited Blind Freecoaster Hub next year (HOPEFULLY in the first 1/4 of the Year too!!!!!!!!) Which is DEFINITELY one to look into! Eclat make some of the BEST Parts in BMX right now. Along with Wethepeople (Who are Part of the same collective group as Eclat) They are seriously putting out some Shit HOT Parts Right now!! Frames, Forks, Bars, Stems, Cranks, Wheels THE LOT! But I THINK (So don't quote Me on this!) The Blind Hub will be Freecoaster ONLY, So if You did decide Freecoasting isn't for You, You would HAVE to replace the Hub/Wheel. But i would HIGHLY recommend Eclat Wheels for Your New Build!

Check them out.... www.EclatBMX.com - For Serials, If You have a taste for HIGH Quality, Classy Looking Products, Then You will TOTALLY fall in LOVE with Eclat!!

12/3/2013 5:19 PM

x2^

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

12/3/2013 5:26 PM

Haha thanks man. That's been a lot of help

12/3/2013 5:28 PM

Running a freecoaster on an MTB? BOSS.

Most up-to-date/latest bike check.

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/3/2013 5:31 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: Running a freecoaster on an MTB? BOSS.

No No No... that would be ultrasupermegagay, what if you're riding up a hill a decide to stop pedaling? you would die...

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!
sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!
if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

12/3/2013 5:39 PM

Hahaha yeah, my mtn bike is good for now. I'm looking to get a kink solace frame and set it up for street/flatland

12/3/2013 5:47 PM

jimellis14 wrote: Hahaha yeah, my mtn bike is good for now. I'm looking to get a kink solace frame and set it up for street/flatland

Why not get a flatland frame?

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!
sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!
if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list
35+ clean refs

12/4/2013 2:06 PM

I like the geometry of the solace and I'll be doing mostly street with a little flatland. Plus I work in a shop and we can get kink in there, and the flatland frames I kinda like we can't

12/4/2013 2:27 PM

Topsey wrote: Eclat will be Dropping Their LONG, LONG, LONG awaited Blind Freecoaster Hub next year (HOPEFULLY in the first 1/4 of the Year too!!!!!!!!) Which is DEFINITELY one to look into! Eclat make some of the BEST Parts in BMX right now. Along with Wethepeople (Who are Part of the same collective group as Eclat) They are seriously putting out some Shit HOT Parts Right now!! Frames, Forks, Bars, Stems, Cranks, Wheels THE LOT! But I THINK (So don't quote Me on this!) The Blind Hub will be Freecoaster ONLY, So if You did decide Freecoasting isn't for You, You would HAVE to replace the Hub/Wheel. But i would HIGHLY recommend Eclat Wheels for Your New Build!

Check them out.... www.EclatBMX.com - For Serials, If You have a taste for HIGH Quality, Classy Looking Products, Then You will TOTALLY fall in LOVE with Eclat!!

lol somethign tells me topsey really loves talking about freecoasters lol

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/4/2013 3:13 PM

Topsey wrote: Eclat will be Dropping Their LONG, LONG, LONG awaited Blind Freecoaster Hub next year (HOPEFULLY in the first 1/4 of the Year too!!!!!!!!) Which is DEFINITELY one to look into! Eclat make some of the BEST Parts in BMX right now. Along with Wethepeople (Who are Part of the same collective group as Eclat) They are seriously putting out some Shit HOT Parts Right now!! Frames, Forks, Bars, Stems, Cranks, Wheels THE LOT! But I THINK (So don't quote Me on this!) The Blind Hub will be Freecoaster ONLY, So if You did decide Freecoasting isn't for You, You would HAVE to replace the Hub/Wheel. But i would HIGHLY recommend Eclat Wheels for Your New Build!

quick question lad, what resistance is best? the khe ball things, butterfly spring or c clip?

Bike check

12/4/2013 3:38 PM

Get the Cult coaster

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

Post a Reply to: Freecoaster hub??

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm