4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Freecoaster question

10/13/2009 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2009 2:56 PM

Is it possible to strip a cassette hub of all its internals and bearings and shit and put freecoaster internals in it instead? gotta know. really wanna try freecoaster, w/o taking off my chan.

10/13/2009 2:27 PM

10/13/2009 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2009 2:36 PM

it's impossible.
Unless your my friend who made all his own parts and used a rant hub to make a FC
it was legit

Sigs are for Pigs

10/13/2009 2:54 PM

how did he do it with a rant hub. i got last years macneil hub.

10/13/2009 3:13 PM

You can't without a CNC.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

10/13/2009 3:53 PM

piggy7 wrote: it's impossible.
Unless your my friend who made all his own parts and used a rant hub to make a FC
it was legit

pics or it didnt happen

I LOVE FLY BIKES
I'm what Willis was talking 'bout
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

10/13/2009 3:56 PM

it was legit

alexnjbmx wrote: pics or it didnt happen

this

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

10/13/2009 3:57 PM

it was legit

ride a fit wrote: this

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

10/13/2009 3:57 PM

and its impossible..... a cassette is a cassette and a free coaster is a free coaster

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

10/13/2009 4:11 PM

If you're gonna strip your cassette, just take off your chain and sprocket and save some weight. Boom, instant freecoasting.

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

MOTW: 4/19 - 4/20 - 4/25 (2010)

10/13/2009 4:48 PM

it was legit

I'd say Video or it didnt happen. Anyone can bullshit pics with an old junker hub.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

10/15/2009 5:58 AM

imchrisperez wrote: If you're gonna strip your cassette, just take off your chain and sprocket and save some weight. Boom, instant freecoasting.

no cus u can pedal all u want doing that and there is no engagement on the wheele. i would like to still be able to pedal

10/15/2009 6:19 AM

If you do it, you should just quit and never touch a bike again.

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

10/15/2009 8:17 AM

imchrisperez wrote: If you're gonna strip your cassette, just take off your chain and sprocket and save some weight. Boom, instant freecoasting.

bravoboy090 wrote: no cus u can pedal all u want doing that and there is no engagement on the wheele. i would like to still be able to pedal

The internals to a freecoaster would cost almost as much as one. i suggest just saving your money, and buying a second wheel, that way you can switch it out as needed.

10/16/2009 4:36 PM

bravoboy090 wrote: no cus u can pedal all u want doing that and there is no engagement on the wheele. i would like to still be able to pedal

dave lawrence wrote: The internals to a freecoaster would cost almost as much as one. i suggest just saving your money, and buying a second wheel, that way you can switch it out as needed.

yah. i agree. that is probably what i am gonna do
Post a Reply to: Freecoaster question

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm