4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Helmet check

2/13/2014 7:12 PM

Post your helmet here. After seeing that thread about the dead rider, I felt like making this. If you think helmets are "gay", I'm not gonna be there feeding you applesauce when you turn into a vegetable.

Baby blue Fox transition

2/13/2014 7:21 PM

Helmets are helmets. I don't wear them, but I don't think they're gay. I can give a poo if I crack my skull open, it's my fucken skull. I'm confident in my abilities. If I'm going for something big or new or just not feeling right, I'll put one on. I do own one though.. don't feel like taking pics.

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

2/13/2014 8:07 PM

Mines a purple Krushers with multiple Colony Stickers , Ables , Danscomp , Vans , Killemall Distro , and my lcal Bike Shop stickers. I wrote on the strap when I was younger so it looks like shit lol

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

2/14/2014 3:50 AM

i dont have one but im waiting for some money that im meant to get today and im buying one with that. My gran said she cant bare to think of me not riding with one so she's hooking me up kinda ahahahaaa. still, stoked, mainly because we dont really do presents, and defo dont randomly buy each other stuff (we being my family) so she giving me £50 is a big thing haha. and im 19 so its not like i get my parents to buy everything

Bike check

2/14/2014 5:14 AM

I don't wear one, most likely never will either, not because I think their gay or whatever, just cuz I like to feel comfortable on my bike, and I think wearing one would annoy the shit out of me.

I don't wear my seatbelt when I'm driving either for the same reason, I hate feeling uncomfortable. Stupid I know but...

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/14/2014 5:44 AM

I have a protec helmet, not the certified one. I really only wear it riding park since I don't really go big. I wanna get a bell segment helmet though

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/14/2014 6:58 AM

Edit: I can understand those of you that don't wear helmets at the park because you just feel comfortable on your bike. But if you roll around bashing on those with helmets, consider fucking off.

2/14/2014 7:28 AM

When I shattered my helmet the park only had this or a black one with purple lightening bolts in my size. Fuck it.

Life behind bars.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

For sale!! 21" The Make Croft $100, Mutiny Glam v2 $20, Custom trans blue Odyssey Lumberjacks $20! Get at me!

2/14/2014 7:58 AM

Here's my lovely Bell

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/14/2014 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2014 8:11 AM

BMXism wrote: Helmets are helmets. I don't wear them, but I don't think they're gay. I can give a poo if I crack my skull open, it's my fucken skull. I'm confident in my abilities. If I'm going for something big or new or just not feeling right, I'll put one on. I do own one though.. don't feel like taking pics.

Not gonna preach, but share a short story.

My buddy 180's everything, and one day he 180'd a parking spot. Not over anything more than painted lines. He slipped his pedal, and hit his head so hard he had a seizure and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, not knowing what was going on. He had several scans to make sure he was ok. and severe headaches for weeks on end. He is now more prone to seizures from impacts to his head.

He was lucky, but a helmet would have prevented most of that.

Also, it would have prevent me from having to call an ambulance, and call his mother to tell her he was being loaded into an ambulance.

Wear one or don't, but remember, when you mess your head up, you aren't the only one who has to deal with it.

As to my helmet, it is a Pro-tec Bucky (non-certified) for now. I am getting a replacement Lazer this spring.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

2/14/2014 8:58 AM

Have a 661 dirt lid.

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Why do drugs when you can ride BMX?

2/14/2014 9:22 AM

I have a TSG Evolution Sam Pilgrim signature. It's bright yellow but I like it.

2/14/2014 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2014 12:57 PM

I'm getting a bell segment tomorrow, I'll post pics. I just broke my nose so my parents are getting on my case for wearing a helmet more often and I kind of agree. Who is the rider that died?
Edit: I just saw the thread

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

2/14/2014 1:51 PM

I have a cheap Pass one, i barely wear it, just when i went to a park.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/14/2014 3:14 PM

Have some random helmet, don't know the brand, I should really start wearing it but I don't like how high it sits on my head

I'm gonna need bigger bars

2/15/2014 1:20 AM

Man just picked up this helmet for £25. Pretty good deal since it retails at £42.50. Fully certified. Bring it aha!

Bike check

2/15/2014 1:24 AM

EddiMundo wrote: Man just picked up this helmet for £25. Pretty good deal since it retails at £42.50. Fully certified. Bring it aha!

Sounds good, I have the same helmet but the Sam Pilgrim signature one which is yellow, I actually managed to get it for £20! It's held up well so far and it's comfy.

2/15/2014 1:27 AM

Haha Eddi, You best be bringing that on Holiday?! I'm deffo gunna be getting a Full Cut!

2/15/2014 1:31 AM

http://www.soulcycle.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ProductCode=60000430

I Do Believe This Is The Skid Lid For Me!

2/15/2014 1:34 AM

Topsey wrote: http://www.soulcycle.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ProductCode=60000430

Looks good.

2/15/2014 1:39 AM

It will covered in Stickers lol

2/15/2014 4:43 AM

EddiMundo wrote: Man just picked up this helmet for £25. Pretty good deal since it retails at £42.50. Fully certified. Bring it aha!

BMX_Forever wrote: Sounds good, I have the same helmet but the Sam Pilgrim signature one which is yellow, I actually managed to get it for £20! It's held up well so far and it's comfy.

That's a beast deal aha. Me having a xl head helps in getfin good deals Good to know its comfy and whatnot
And ofcourse I am john! I will need some stickers though, so mine too can be sticker bombed :L

Bike check

2/15/2014 7:03 AM

Topsey wrote: http://www.soulcycle.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ProductCode=60000430

My homie just got this helmet, so rad. My ears don't fit in a full cut so i opted out of one.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/15/2014 8:03 AM

I don't understand how anyone can wear the gay plastic insolation feels like fucking shit. I like helment's but if you wear them all the time you should wear like elbow pads and knee pads too hell just get a full body guard i mean you can still die if you fall hard enough but i mean if your worried about hitting your head just think about all the shit that could actually happen. lol and really if you really want protection get the full face helment you can still fuck your face up while wearing a regular helment but no one usually thinks about that.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/15/2014 8:39 AM

Mikel8149 wrote: I don't understand how anyone can wear the gay plastic insolation feels like fucking shit. I like helment's but if you wear them all the time you should wear like elbow pads and knee pads too hell just get a full body guard i mean you can still die if you fall hard enough but i mean if your worried about hitting your head just think about all the shit that could actually happen. lol and really if you really want protection get the full face helment you can still fuck your face up while wearing a regular helment but no one usually thinks about that.

Better than nothing. An ounce of prevention is worth more than ten pounds of cure.

2/15/2014 8:41 AM

Mikel8149 wrote: I don't understand how anyone can wear the gay plastic insolation feels like fucking shit. I like helment's but if you wear them all the time you should wear like elbow pads and knee pads too hell just get a full body guard i mean you can still die if you fall hard enough but i mean if your worried about hitting your head just think about all the shit that could actually happen. lol and really if you really want protection get the full face helment you can still fuck your face up while wearing a regular helment but no one usually thinks about that.

A badly bruised elbow is no where near as bad as a fractured skull and possible brain damage. I'm not saying wearing elbow pads is a a bad idea but still.

2/15/2014 1:49 PM

That is beyond the most retarded thing I've heard in a while. Its that bad it doesn't even deserve an explanation of why it is.

Bike check

2/16/2014 10:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2014 10:06 PM

Yeah, no.

I wear a helmet every time I get on my bike. I've hit my head too many times. I actually just chipped all four of my front teeth while falling and am in the process of getting crowns put on. I want to get a decent certified one but they are all to bulky. Bucky for now.
Best pics for my helmet

Post a Reply to: Helmet check

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm