4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Help picking a bike.

12/30/2012 12:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2012 6:12 AM

First of all i'm sorry for the 8 millionth "What bike to pick" da da da thread on this site. I just want to know every little piece of good and bad information about the bike before I buy it.

So I am tossing up between the

2012 Verde Theory

$500
Chromoly Frame, Forks and handlebars
integrated headset with sealed bearings
Front and back sealed bearings
aluminum front load stem
10.8kgs
Full info: http://verdebmx.com/2012/theory.html

and the

2013 Colony Premise

$635
Chromoly Frame, Forks and Handlebars
Integrated headset with sealed bearings
Front and back sealed bearings
Forged alloy stem
10.7kgs
Full Info: http://direct.colonybmx.com.au/product/2013-premise-2075/in/2013-complete-bikes

I will be using this bike as a use of transport and I will be riding small street parks and dirt/tar jumps.
I have been looking around for cheap chromoly pegs but they are all $20 for one peg wtf. So if anyone has anywhere to get cheap pegs please link me.

12/30/2012 6:19 AM

Well the Colony is better speced and I prefer the looks of it tough its also 135 dollars more expensive. Its up to you really

12/30/2012 7:44 AM

Your Verde choice only has a Chromoly Front Triangle while the Colony is Full Chromoly. That's an easy choice. You need to read up some more.

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

12/30/2012 7:55 AM

colony

12/30/2012 7:56 AM

i cant hate on verde because i have never had any of the parts but my friend josh was am sponsored by verde and dropped out. one of the reasons because he hated the quality of the products..just going by what my friend is saying

12/30/2012 8:53 AM

The colony is a great looking bike, and full chromo. Go with that one!

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/30/2012 9:36 AM

The Colony one seems like a legit build, i'd go with that one
Plus it looks sexy.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"
Bike Check.

12/30/2012 9:42 AM

If u got $635 get the colony, it looks better and it has 48 spline cranks when verde has standard cranks. I dont think that colony has remoavable brake mounts

12/30/2012 9:45 AM

jakub.czuba.14 wrote: If u got $635 get the colony, it looks better and it has 48 spline cranks when verde has standard cranks. I dont think that colony has remoavable brake mounts

Yeah it's totally worth investing on 48spline cranks, to me it looks like the brake mounts are removable from the pic

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"
Bike Check.

12/30/2012 9:49 AM

I dont think they are removable.

12/30/2012 9:54 AM

Cant go wrong with a good oll huffy

My instagram- ride_4130_nicca

12/30/2012 9:54 AM

jakub.czuba.14 wrote: I dont think they are removable.

Who cares? I'm pretty sure he's going to want to keep the brakes right where they are seeing that one of it's primary purposes is transportation.

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

12/30/2012 9:58 AM

well im just stating my opinion? ooo, i didn't see the bottom bit

12/30/2012 10:03 AM

Yeah they're not removable, couldn't tell from the first pic

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"
Bike Check.

12/30/2012 10:09 AM

oh well, if he is gonna use it for transport only he might wanna keep the brakes on, Colony is better imo

12/30/2012 5:04 PM

Thank you to everyone that answered, I was leaning more to the colony because it looks so good in silver storm and I would trust colony over a brand I hadn't heard of. Also to the person saying the colony because the 48 spline cranks that was only on the introductory pre Christmas batch, they are now 8 spline cranks. That is pretty devastating about no removable brake mounts seeing as I don't need brakes and prefer none, but I guess i'll just get used too them. Again thankyou for the help, I'll have my new bike soon

12/30/2012 5:07 PM

whocares wrote: Your Verde choice only has a Chromoly Front Triangle while the Colony is Full Chromoly. That's an easy choice. You need to read up some more.

Seeing as I am new to bmx and it said on the site Chromoly main frame, how am I supposed to know the difference?

12/30/2012 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2012 5:13 PM

RyanNew wrote: Seeing as I am new to bmx and it said on the site Chromoly main frame, how am I supposed to know the difference?

if you read up some more on the frame you would have your answer to that question

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102190/2013_Verde_Theory_Bike.html

The 2013 Verde Theory bike features a chromoly front triangle with investment cast integrated headtube, 1-1/8" fork with tapered legs and chromoly steerer tube, Verde alloy topload stem, 8.6" chromoly bars, Duo Homan grips, alloy U-brake and lever, removable brake mounts, chromoly 3-pc cranks with sealed Mid BB, Verde 25T alloy chainwheel, 14mm sealed cassette hub with 9T driver, 3/8" sealed female front hub, 36H Cinema 777s front and 777 rear rims, Duo Stunner 2.20" tires, Pivotal seat with Duo Resilite seatpost and Duo Resilite PC pedals. 20.5" Toptube. (24 lbs)

12/30/2012 7:08 PM

whocares wrote: Your Verde choice only has a Chromoly Front Triangle while the Colony is Full Chromoly. That's an easy choice. You need to read up some more.

RyanNew wrote: Seeing as I am new to bmx and it said on the site Chromoly main frame, how am I supposed to know the difference?

sbc785 wrote: if you read up some more on the frame you would have your answer to that question

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102190/2013_Verde_Theory_Bike.html

The 2013 Verde Theory bike features a chromoly front triangle with investment cast integrated headtube, 1-1/8" fork with tapered legs and chromoly steerer tube, Verde alloy topload stem, 8.6" chromoly bars, Duo Homan grips, alloy U-brake and lever, removable brake mounts, chromoly 3-pc cranks with sealed Mid BB, Verde 25T alloy chainwheel, 14mm sealed cassette hub with 9T driver, 3/8" sealed female front hub, 36H Cinema 777s front and 777 rear rims, Duo Stunner 2.20" tires, Pivotal seat with Duo Resilite seatpost and Duo Resilite PC pedals. 20.5" Toptube. (24 lbs)

I don't go to danscomp considering it's $250 shipping for a bike, so I have no reason to have been looking at it on there to read that, keep trying though you might be able to prove a point that I made a mistake. Which is why I made the thread in the first place to find these things out.. Smh

12/30/2012 10:21 PM

Colony

12/30/2012 10:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2012 10:32 PM

Get the colony. My friend has the verde theory and hes a decent rider, who doesnt ride that hard. He doesnt do any big stairs or anything but every so often does gaps and he cracked his frame bad. He only had the frame for about 4 months too.



12/30/2012 10:38 PM

Kind of a stupid question but what does it mean when people say " bump " , or " thread " ?

12/30/2012 10:50 PM

When the thread doesn't get responded to in a certain amount of time, it starts to move down the list of threads because new threads are the first thing you usually see when you go to the forums. When you bump it usually newly responded threads go back to the top because it recently had activity in it.

12/30/2012 11:39 PM

Oh thanks

12/30/2012 11:46 PM

RyanNew wrote: Seeing as I am new to bmx and it said on the site Chromoly main frame, how am I supposed to know the difference?

sbc785 wrote: if you read up some more on the frame you would have your answer to that question

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102190/2013_Verde_Theory_Bike.html

The 2013 Verde Theory bike features a chromoly front triangle with investment cast integrated headtube, 1-1/8" fork with tapered legs and chromoly steerer tube, Verde alloy topload stem, 8.6" chromoly bars, Duo Homan grips, alloy U-brake and lever, removable brake mounts, chromoly 3-pc cranks with sealed Mid BB, Verde 25T alloy chainwheel, 14mm sealed cassette hub with 9T driver, 3/8" sealed female front hub, 36H Cinema 777s front and 777 rear rims, Duo Stunner 2.20" tires, Pivotal seat with Duo Resilite seatpost and Duo Resilite PC pedals. 20.5" Toptube. (24 lbs)

RyanNew wrote: I don't go to danscomp considering it's $250 shipping for a bike, so I have no reason to have been looking at it on there to read that, keep trying though you might be able to prove a point that I made a mistake. Which is why I made the thread in the first place to find these things out.. Smh

So you come on here wanting other people to do your work for you. This came from Verde's site:



You didn't even need to go to Dan's. I'm sure you're smart enough to discern that "Cr-Mo Front Triangle" will be different from a bike whose specs say "Full Cr-Mo." Then from there maybe you could of have thought to yourself to search the forums or google to find out the difference between Chromoly Front Triangle and Full Chromoly.

Maybe, YOU do really need to read up some more instead of "Shaking Your Head" at people.

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

12/31/2012 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2012 6:46 PM

sbc785 wrote: if you read up some more on the frame you would have your answer to that question

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102190/2013_Verde_Theory_Bike.html

The 2013 Verde Theory bike features a chromoly front triangle with investment cast integrated headtube, 1-1/8" fork with tapered legs and chromoly steerer tube, Verde alloy topload stem, 8.6" chromoly bars, Duo Homan grips, alloy U-brake and lever, removable brake mounts, chromoly 3-pc cranks with sealed Mid BB, Verde 25T alloy chainwheel, 14mm sealed cassette hub with 9T driver, 3/8" sealed female front hub, 36H Cinema 777s front and 777 rear rims, Duo Stunner 2.20" tires, Pivotal seat with Duo Resilite seatpost and Duo Resilite PC pedals. 20.5" Toptube. (24 lbs)

RyanNew wrote: I don't go to danscomp considering it's $250 shipping for a bike, so I have no reason to have been looking at it on there to read that, keep trying though you might be able to prove a point that I made a mistake. Which is why I made the thread in the first place to find these things out.. Smh

whocares wrote: So you come on here wanting other people to do your work for you. This came from Verde's site:



You didn't even need to go to Dan's. I'm sure you're smart enough to discern that "Cr-Mo Front Triangle" will be different from a bike whose specs say "Full Cr-Mo." Then from there maybe you could of have thought to yourself to search the forums or google to find out the difference between Chromoly Front Triangle and Full Chromoly.

Maybe, YOU do really need to read up some more instead of "Shaking Your Head" at people.

It's hardly getting people to do work for me, when they already know all of this stuff so they just simply type out an answer if they want to, and people clearly do ^^^ Also this is a picture from verde's site

If you read ^ I was looking at the 2012 complete, I have no reason to go to the 2013 theory and I didn't. So once again it says "Chromoly main frame" so how was I meant to know that chromoly main frame isn't the whole frame. Also I clearly know the difference between a chromoly front triangle and full chromoly.
I rest my case you need to stop being such a bitch and stop picking little arguments over the Internet. So I will continue smh

12/31/2012 6:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2012 6:50 PM

Don't come on here and ask questions if you don't like our answers, we have enough faggots posting here and we don't need another. Do some research on more than 1 site to look at different descriptions of a bike you're gonna buy...i mean, use some fucking common sense.

12/31/2012 11:53 PM

I like the answers of majority of the site users, just not people like you who think they're king shit. I have done a decent amount of research if you ask me. I don't know everything there is to know about every part on a bike, just looking at the descriptions (which I do) doesn't help if I don't know what everything means. So you use some common sense, this is a community of bike riders built to help other bike riders, so why wouldn't I come here to ask a question where I can get a decent detailed response to the actual question i'm asking instead of reading the same description of a bike over and over.

1/1/2013 12:07 AM

RyanNew wrote: I like the answers of majority of the site users, just not people like you who think they're king shit. I have done a decent amount of research if you ask me. I don't know everything there is to know about every part on a bike, just looking at the descriptions (which I do) doesn't help if I don't know what everything means. So you use some common sense, this is a community of bike riders built to help other bike riders, so why wouldn't I come here to ask a question where I can get a decent detailed response to the actual question i'm asking instead of reading the same description of a bike over and over.

What exactly do you want to know about? Completes? Each part? I know about the basic metals and heat treating, as well as a lot more. So does sbc, he is just grumpy at times, like we all are. Just use this same thread and ask away. As far as completes go, spend more, you get more. Plain and simple. If you want, you can pm me and ask whatever you want about parts or completes, and I'll give you the best unbiased answer I can, or you can post them here. Everyone gets helped and harassed, haha.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/1/2013 2:32 AM

RyanNew wrote: I like the answers of majority of the site users, just not people like you who think they're king shit. I have done a decent amount of research if you ask me. I don't know everything there is to know about every part on a bike, just looking at the descriptions (which I do) doesn't help if I don't know what everything means. So you use some common sense, this is a community of bike riders built to help other bike riders, so why wouldn't I come here to ask a question where I can get a decent detailed response to the actual question i'm asking instead of reading the same description of a bike over and over.

king shit? this is the internet...not sure how i'd think i'm king shit.

i read 3 descriptions, all 3 were different and all 3 described the bike perfectly so you knew everything about the bike. Shit, just a google search would get you in-depth descriptions and reviews.
Since Danscomp is number 1 mail-order company, they most of the time have the best description, just because they're expensive to use doesn't mean their descriptions of products shouldn't be looked at...

Post a Reply to: Help picking a bike.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm