4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Hi Ten

1/10/2009 6:31 PM

ive been wondering whats wrong with hi ten people say that cromo is stronger than hi ten but when my friend fell bad instead of the hi ten denting the cromo did,anyways what wrong with hi ten

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

1/10/2009 6:43 PM

it bends and warps really easy

1/10/2009 6:49 PM

did you take into consideration were the bike might have hit the ground?

but anyway chromo isnt that much stronger hi ten just really heavy and still not as strong

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") bunny is mine

jk

1/10/2009 7:22 PM

easternconspiracybmx wrote: did you take into consideration were the bike might have hit the ground?

but anyway chromo isnt that much stronger hi ten just really heavy and still not as strong

Crmo is MUCH strong than steel. I've bent and cracked a steel frame and have yet to do so with any crmo frame.

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

1/10/2009 7:34 PM

ive had both never broke either but im not that hard of a rider

i done did got a federal now

1/10/2009 8:04 PM

iv only staped bent really bad like 3 forks and they where fit blade lites and dent frames but never bent a frame

1/10/2009 8:15 PM

lets say if i got a bike with a hi ten frame would i b able to do frame grinds and so on

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

1/10/2009 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2009 8:18 PM

JonathanAllen wrote: Crmo is MUCH strong than steel. I've bent and cracked a steel frame and have yet to do so with any crmo frame.

how did u bend it or crack it

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

1/10/2009 9:30 PM

yea wut where you doing like bending forks is easy but not the frame

1/10/2009 9:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2009 9:37 PM

im not that hard of a rider so will a hiten frame work for me?i mean ive never cracked an axle or nothin

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

1/10/2009 9:47 PM

street/trail=hardcore wrote: iv only staped bent really bad like 3 forks and they where fit blade lites and dent frames but never bent a frame

ya, but they were fit blades, which were made to fail

nothing's wrong with hi ten, it's just slightly heavier, and slightly weaker, and it's worth the extra couple bones to buy chromo

chuck norris rides little kid's bikes!!!

1/10/2009 10:23 PM

wilbertice10 wrote: how did u bend it or crack it

I cracked the seat stay brace. No idea how, one day I turned my bike upside down and noticed it was cracked. Also my rear triangle was slightly bent to the side...

Several years ago, my friend did a simple wallride with stock steel handlebars that came on his complete, and the right side bent so bad it pretty much came off. Steel forks are terrible as well. Dropouts will bend like crazy!

Pretty much if you can, just avoid steel parts altogether. If you are a beginner and don't have much money to spend then I guess it would be alright.

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

Post a Reply to: Hi Ten

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm