4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

How To Do a Woodgrain Effect?

4/20/2014 8:41 AM

I had this idea, i am pretty sure this is how it works.

Dark brown underneath, let it dry and then do a light brown and go over that with a brush or something like that. Is that how it works? This is with something like a sprocket. I kinda wanted to give it a shot bc i think it'd look good on my bike.

Has anyone done this? If so, let me know how you did it.

4/20/2014 9:01 AM

It would work to an extent and I have seen a "woodgrain" frame from a shop look like it was done in that method and it didn't look bad. Personally id do the lighter brown on the sprocket and then put the darker brown on the brush and brush it on.

Most "woodgrain" parts are hydrodipped though.

Life behind bars.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

For sale!! 21" The Make Croft $100, Mutiny Glam v2 $20, Custom trans blue Odyssey Lumberjacks $20! Get at me!

4/20/2014 9:14 AM

http://www.vitalbmx.com/features/Nice-Touch-The-Carl-Ruckley-Interview,4185

Check this out. Some details on it.

Personally I would do darker last, because light paint takes a LOT MORE PAINT to cover darker colors.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

4/20/2014 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 9:16 AM

Airbrushing is the only way, unless you get a frame hydrodipped.

Post a Reply to: How To Do a Woodgrain Effect?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm