4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

How many people do this?

5/6/2007 6:51 PM

does any one put a zip tie on there hub so when ur riding in cleans all the dirt off, it sounds dumb but it really does work. if i can figure out how to post pic's ill show you what i mean.

And does anybody know anything about the ridline dubble X's. because i found a new leftover in gun medal grey. Hope there good bikes im paying 100 for it

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

5/6/2007 6:55 PM

i dont put zip ties i put cut shoe laces on dem!

5/6/2007 7:28 PM

socalnative777 wrote: i dont put zip ties i put cut shoe laces on dem!

the zip tie thing doesnt really work. i was told it would keep dirt off so i tried it years ago when i started riding and it really never worked for me dirt was still on the hubs

5/6/2007 8:01 PM

joe rides bicycles wrote: the zip tie thing doesnt really work. i was told it would keep dirt off so i tried it years ago when i started riding and it really never worked for me dirt was still on the hubs

u must show me, or tell me how, i wana try it

5/6/2007 8:06 PM

joe rides bicycles wrote: the zip tie thing doesnt really work. i was told it would keep dirt off so i tried it years ago when i started riding and it really never worked for me dirt was still on the hubs

McCann_video_Production wrote: u must show me, or tell me how, i wana try it

i would put old shoe laces in there just cut long enough to beable to spin and tie it

5/6/2007 9:40 PM

me and all my friends have neon colored zip ties, they have worked for all of us

5/7/2007 2:24 AM

OV4LIFE wrote: me and all my friends have neon colored zip ties, they have worked for all of us

i got fat shoe laces on my hubs keeps them spotless
and the shoe laces have stewie from family guy on them so i get like 50 brownie points
fat laces look better too

5/7/2007 11:55 AM

OV4LIFE wrote: me and all my friends have neon colored zip ties, they have worked for all of us

mmm fit bikes wrote: i got fat shoe laces on my hubs keeps them spotless
and the shoe laces have stewie from family guy on them so i get like 50 brownie points

i got bright green in the front and black in the back. i just put my zip ties around my hub then put it on the first click so it has some bottom weight. Ill try to get some pics up im short on time i just got out of school and headin up to the park about 7 miles from here.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

5/7/2007 4:30 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: i got bright green in the front and black in the back. i just put my zip ties around my hub then put it on the first click so it has some bottom weight. Ill try to get some pics up im short on time i just got out of school and headin up to the park about 7 miles from here.

ive never heard of that but why dont you just clean it on a regular basis. lol. idk. thats just me (not lazy)

5/7/2007 8:40 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: i got bright green in the front and black in the back. i just put my zip ties around my hub then put it on the first click so it has some bottom weight. Ill try to get some pics up im short on time i just got out of school and headin up to the park about 7 miles from here.

iBMX wrote: ive never heard of that but why dont you just clean it on a regular basis. lol. idk. thats just me (not lazy)

i'll clean it when i get a chance to, like maybe when i have my bike apart i'll take it to the bath tub and clean my parts off with all purpose cleaner and get the dirt off and all

5/10/2007 6:43 AM

yeah you guys should put some pics up of what your talkin about

5/10/2007 1:27 PM

trickbiker169 wrote: yeah you guys should put some pics up of what your talkin about

i put on cut off shoe strings it really dose work my hub is nice and clean thanks to my old pear of shoes

5/10/2007 1:41 PM

trickbiker169 wrote: yeah you guys should put some pics up of what your talkin about

zero hero wrote: i put on cut off shoe strings it really dose work my hub is nice and clean thanks to my old pear of shoes

i just let it get dirty

5/10/2007 2:18 PM

i just let the shit pile on, and when i have to work on something i just wipe them off. im' not lazy, i just dont care.

5/10/2007 8:26 PM

stoned wrote: i just let the shit pile on, and when i have to work on something i just wipe them off. im' not lazy, i just dont care.

i clean my rim off where the brake makes contact with simple more cause i like when my brakes squeak and piss people off and i also like when my brakes stop and work better when there clean then dirty

5/10/2007 8:53 PM

stoned wrote: i just let the shit pile on, and when i have to work on something i just wipe them off. im' not lazy, i just dont care.

joe rides bicycles wrote: i clean my rim off where the brake makes contact with simple more cause i like when my brakes squeak and piss people off and i also like when my brakes stop and work better when there clean then dirty

ya, get some pics of what u guys are talking about, cause from what i understand, u put shoelaces or zip ties around ur hub? like inside the spokes?

5/10/2007 9:05 PM

joe rides bicycles wrote: i clean my rim off where the brake makes contact with simple more cause i like when my brakes squeak and piss people off and i also like when my brakes stop and work better when there clean then dirty

McCann_video_Production wrote: ya, get some pics of what u guys are talking about, cause from what i understand, u put shoelaces or zip ties around ur hub? like inside the spokes?

basicly you tie a piece of shoe lace to the center of the hub make 2 knots so it stays there and the knots make it bottom heavy so it stays in place with the hub spins you and dont tie it tight, tie it so if you pull on the shoe lave you will have an inch of slack

hope this helps

-richie

5/11/2007 3:26 PM

McCann_video_Production wrote: ya, get some pics of what u guys are talking about, cause from what i understand, u put shoelaces or zip ties around ur hub? like inside the spokes?

mmm fit bikes wrote: basicly you tie a piece of shoe lace to the center of the hub make 2 knots so it stays there and the knots make it bottom heavy so it stays in place with the hub spins you and dont tie it tight, tie it so if you pull on the shoe lave you will have an inch of slack

hope this helps

-richie

ya, thats how i was thinking it was done, im gona have to try it when i get my new shoes, so i can use my old shoes laces(a7x)

5/12/2007 8:25 AM

mmm fit bikes wrote: basicly you tie a piece of shoe lace to the center of the hub make 2 knots so it stays there and the knots make it bottom heavy so it stays in place with the hub spins you and dont tie it tight, tie it so if you pull on the shoe lave you will have an inch of slack

hope this helps

-richie

McCann_video_Production wrote: ya, thats how i was thinking it was done, im gona have to try it when i get my new shoes, so i can use my old shoes laces(a7x)

if i knew how to post pics on here i would it works pretty well too

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

5/12/2007 9:57 AM

hope this helps

-richie

McCann_video_Production wrote: ya, thats how i was thinking it was done, im gona have to try it when i get my new shoes, so i can use my old shoes laces(a7x)

TumblerBmx wrote: if i knew how to post pics on here i would it works pretty well too

TumblerBmx wrote:

take the pic, then sign up for photobucket.com, then upload it, and then just use the url code it gives u, post that on here, and well, then u gots a pic, it will be in the form of a link, but idk how to make it so its not a link, and just a pick, so ya, every one will just have to click on it, to see it

5/12/2007 7:53 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: if i knew how to post pics on here i would it works pretty well too

McCann_video_Production wrote: TumblerBmx wrote:

take the pic, then sign up for photobucket.com, then upload it, and then just use the url code it gives u, post that on here, and well, then u gots a pic, it will be in the form of a link, but idk how to make it so its not a link, and just a pick, so ya, every one will just have to click on it, to see it

you gotta use the 3rd code on photobucket that starts off as [img and so on, you should get the picture

5/13/2007 8:54 AM

joe rides bicycles wrote: you gotta use the 3rd code on photobucket that starts off as [img and so on, you should get the picture

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/tumblerbmx/DSC01324.jpg

This is what i do. I hope the link worked

Post edited by: TumblerBmx, at: 5/13/2007 6:55 PM

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

5/13/2007 11:55 AM

joe rides bicycles wrote: you gotta use the 3rd code on photobucket that starts off as [img and so on, you should get the picture

TumblerBmx wrote: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/tumblerbmx/DSC01324.jpg

ic, ya that how i imanged it

5/13/2007 12:20 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/tumblerbmx/DSC01324.jpg

McCann_video_Production wrote: ic, ya that how i imanged it

y use zip ties??? Get some shoe laces and tie them loose enough so they can move and clean ur hub it works a lil better i think

5/14/2007 5:14 AM

McCann_video_Production wrote: ic, ya that how i imanged it

socalnative777 wrote: y use zip ties??? Get some shoe laces and tie them loose enough so they can move and clean ur hub it works a lil better i think

zipties work i tried it last week and it works

12/31/2013 3:58 PM

i put a bracelet

Fuck BMX

12/31/2013 4:00 PM

SUNDAYBMX187 wrote: i put a bracelet

Fuck you x1

12/31/2013 4:09 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Fuck you x1

fuck you x2

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

12/31/2013 4:47 PM

kill yourself

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/31/2013 5:24 PM

This crap is dumb. Just clean it normally with a towel or something. Sometimes the shoe lace or whatever leaves residue for some reason. All totally dumb and only for lazy people, and it just looks retarded.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

Post a Reply to: How many people do this?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm