4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

I'd hate to make a topic about this but...

4/20/2014 10:54 AM

What grips should I get. I know it's stupid but I've only ridden odi's and they don't seem soft they seem sticky. So what do you guys recommend. I usually have VERY sweaty hands so what would be best

4/20/2014 10:58 AM

My uncle got colony grips they were very soft/tacky i would get a set but i love odi too much

4/20/2014 10:58 AM

i recommend duo martinez grips or animal edwins

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

4/20/2014 11:10 AM

I like my Federal Battle grips. My hands also get very sweaty and I don't particularly like the feel of ODIs either, so maybe you'll like them as well.

4/20/2014 11:18 AM

odyssey dugans in gum

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face

California Living

4/20/2014 11:18 AM

Don't worry about making a thread like this - you're actually considering a specific property of the grips. The annoying threads are the ones that want to know which is better: grip vs. grip? Or the "are these grips legit?" threads. Super annoying.

4/20/2014 11:21 AM

Odyssey Aaron ross grips so nice

4/20/2014 11:43 AM

Love my cult AKs

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/20/2014 12:01 PM

ductape

4/20/2014 2:43 PM

i got fly devon smilie grips and they're quite comfortable

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

4/20/2014 2:52 PM

If you get anything but Tommy Dugan grips in Gum, you aren't thinking right. They last for AGES and are always comfy. But they last the longest in the Gum color. They are the only grips i'd ever give a 10/10 !!!! Get them or go home.

4/20/2014 3:14 PM

MaximusBikes wrote: If you get anything but Tommy Dugan grips in Gum, you aren't thinking right. They last for AGES and are always comfy. But they last the longest in the Gum color. They are the only grips i'd ever give a 10/10 !!!! Get them or go home.

I hate soft grips. What now?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4/20/2014 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 3:30 PM

What idiot told you ODIs were soft?

They aren't. BUT They last a long time. For me they don't get sticky either. They are usually pretty good about being dry, my hands almost never slip (unles it is a bajillion degrees outside and so humid I need a scuba tank to breathe), in which case I run gloves.

I ran some Ody Chase Hawks for a bit, super soft, but my hands slipped some on those.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

4/20/2014 3:38 PM

MaximusBikes wrote: If you get anything but Tommy Dugan grips in Gum, you aren't thinking right. They last for AGES and are always comfy. But they last the longest in the Gum color. They are the only grips i'd ever give a 10/10 !!!! Get them or go home.

I just got 2 pairs of black Dugan grips after wearing out my 2 year old ODI Longnecks. Those things lasted for ages and I only ripped the right one. The left one was barely half worn out.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/20/2014 5:18 PM

I just got Federal Contacts. Theyre REEEAAALLYYY nice. Super grippy and comfy, though they feel kinda weird due to the awkward pattern. After a few days of getting used to, I dont notice it anymore and they have been doing very well. They feel like they will last for ages too.

Life behind bars.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

For sale!!! LE Mint Gsport Ratchet and Vandero2 laced to black Alienation Runaway Stay Strongs $210 shipped. WILL PART-OUT.

4/20/2014 6:20 PM

Odyssey Tommy Dugans are what's up. My hands eat through grips and my red ones are pretty messed up right now but these grips are amazing! I would also recommend Aaron Ross, Cult x Vans, or the new Gary Young grips.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/20/2014 6:40 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote: I hate soft grips. What now?

They arent so soft that you'd hate them either. Just comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft. In between the Chase Hawk grip and ODI Longneck really. JUST RIGHT.

4/20/2014 6:41 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: I just got 2 pairs of black Dugan grips after wearing out my 2 year old ODI Longnecks. Those things lasted for ages and I only ripped the right one. The left one was barely half worn out.

RAD!! They seriously will kill the grip world. No one needs any other grip than these.

4/20/2014 7:01 PM

MaximusBikes wrote: They arent so soft that you'd hate them either. Just comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft. In between the Chase Hawk grip and ODI Longneck really. JUST RIGHT.

My favorite grips are Fit BF. Hard grips rule.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4/20/2014 7:09 PM

MaximusBikes wrote: They arent so soft that you'd hate them either. Just comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft. In between the Chase Hawk grip and ODI Longneck really. JUST RIGHT.

Collin_McClenahan wrote: My favorite grips are Fit BF. Hard grips rule.

Try Dugans. You won't regret it.

4/20/2014 7:47 PM

I stopped by my local bike shop because I don't really want to order from dans and pay extra money for shipping. Should I get deco, cult vans, or odi again

4/20/2014 8:22 PM

Dugans or die

follow me on Whitegirlagram
and check out my BMX Machine

4/20/2014 8:37 PM

Magically Delicious wrote: Dugans or die

I would like the divans but it's not worth it to spend an extra 15 bucks for shipping

4/20/2014 8:44 PM

Odi.

4/20/2014 8:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 8:46 PM

saltyjax139 wrote: I stopped by my local bike shop because I don't really want to order from dans and pay extra money for shipping. Should I get deco, cult vans, or odi again

one of my friends just got a pair of cult vans.. they feel alright. Not too soft. And the waffle pattern might ventilate better for your sweaty hands. I notice grips with flat/tight patterns slip more if you get wet ass hands when riding.

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

4/20/2014 11:47 PM

Personal preference is everything with grips. ODI Longnecks keep me satisfied.

4/21/2014 7:27 AM

Cult Vans are great until your hands get sweaty. Then they kinda suck.

You know what my bike's name is? Bike.
That Emily chick does some damn good shovel work you should get her out at the trails-eskimojay
"Are there any downsides to your career?" "Yup-downside icepicks, but I've never been able to do downside double pegs."-Tony Hamlin
UPDATED BIKE CHECK

4/21/2014 7:40 AM

Eclat and wethepeople are using a new formula soon so id say the zap grips

BORN FAST ish

4/21/2014 8:17 AM

saltyjax139 wrote: I stopped by my local bike shop because I don't really want to order from dans and pay extra money for shipping. Should I get deco, cult vans, or odi again

Any of those, tske your pic, if they have ODI super Softs I recommend those.

Instagram

Tomdon: "Looks have nothing to do with it. You have an aura about you that attracts the trannies"
Refs:tomdon x2,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/21/2014 10:46 AM

just don't get stolen grips. they slip crazy much

If humans could fly we would consider it excercise and never do it.
If you feel your still in control... your not going fast enough

Post a Reply to: I'd hate to make a topic about this but...

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm