4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Jim C. Leaving Sunday

5/12/2014 7:31 PM

Really surprised this hasn't been brought up on here yet since I saw this hours ago.. But apparently he's taking his leave from Sunday. I'll give a link in a minute.

But my question is, what are your thoughts on what will become of Sunday? Will they stay true to their lifetime warranty policy? Will they continue making great frames? Will they add more parts to their lineup that aren't just budget friendly parts?


Also, I don't give a shit about your opinion on the man cause I know a lot of you believe he's a douche or something, so please refrain from comments like that because it's irrelevant to what I'm asking & I know someone will comment that.

5/12/2014 7:33 PM

5/12/2014 7:36 PM

Well, since Jim was the brand manager you can bet the brand will go in a different direction, which will all depend on the new BM and others in the Sunday brand.

5/12/2014 7:38 PM

I sure hope things stay about the same. Sunday is my favorite company in BMX right now and I'd hate to see it go downhill.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/12/2014 7:39 PM

^^^ with I could quote both you of, cause that's what I'm worried about the most. I hope it doesn't go to shit.

5/12/2014 7:40 PM

It would be a real bummer if they stopped with their warranty and if they started being douchebags.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/12/2014 7:49 PM

As much as i dont like Sunday hopefully they keep their lifetime warranty.


It would be cool for who ever takes over though to move away from all the budget parts they seem to be doing and put out some solid products

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22
text me323.245.2827

5/12/2014 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2014 7:50 PM

Stocksy wrote: It would be a real bummer if they stopped with their warranty and if they started being douchebags.

I doubt the lifetime warranty will be dropped just because they use 41 thermal heat treating. If they stopped using that though & subsequently drop the warranty, that would be a real boner kill.

5/12/2014 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2014 8:30 PM

finally!


sunday still sucks though

5/12/2014 8:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2014 8:34 PM

jokeloony wrote: finally!


sunday still sucks though

Sunday called it!

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/12/2014 8:38 PM

jokeloony wrote: finally!


sunday still sucks though

Your opinion and life is irrelevant because you're a troll account. Get AIDs, faggot.

5/12/2014 8:52 PM

Must have wisened up and realized his company is going to shit. Sunday was really cool, but around the second year of complete bikes they kind of stopped being as awesome. Now all the budget parts. And they got rid of some of the sweet colors like Toothpaste... And only one of their frames is as good as they used to be. Not really a good brand anymore.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5/12/2014 8:54 PM

If George took over they would probably stay the same, or get better!

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/12/2014 8:58 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote: Must have wisened up and realized his company is going to shit. Sunday was really cool, but around the second year of complete bikes they kind of stopped being as awesome. Now all the budget parts. And they got rid of some of the sweet colors like Toothpaste... And only one of their frames is as good as they used to be. Not really a good brand anymore.

their forks & bars (the 41 thermal ones) are still great though.

I love/hate the budget parts though. I like that they do it because it helps kids who can't afford much out, but at the same time I dislike it because it makes them look like they put out some shitty products at the same time.

5/12/2014 9:00 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote: Must have wisened up and realized his company is going to shit. Sunday was really cool, but around the second year of complete bikes they kind of stopped being as awesome. Now all the budget parts. And they got rid of some of the sweet colors like Toothpaste... And only one of their frames is as good as they used to be. Not really a good brand anymore.

sundaybmxRR wrote: their forks & bars (the 41 thermal ones) are still great though.

I love/hate the budget parts though. I like that they do it because it helps kids who can't afford much out, but at the same time I dislike it because it makes them look like they put out some shitty products at the same time.

It honestly seems like they have more shitty parts than good ones. The cranks, the wheels, the Broadcaster (not a super POS, but defo not up to Sunday quality standards) the list goes on.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5/12/2014 9:44 PM

Collin is right on this one. I LOVED Sunday. My Second Wave is one of the best Frames I've had the pleasure of Riding. I went in a different direction with My Riding style & I Would've jumped on a Broadcaster & theeeeen NO 41Thermal = NOPE! Their Saker Cranks? More Like Saker-Shit (Sack Of Shit for anyone who doesn't catch My drift!) I became HIGHLY disappointed with the direction Sunday were taking! The Soundwave great Frame, I'd consider one of the Red or Tan ones if there weren't Frames out there that appealed to My Riding style more! Sunday need someone to come in, not pander to little kids that want to be Aaron Ross & get back to being a real Hardcore Street Company like they marketed the 1st & 2nd Wave Frames too! None of this well groomed, we're lovely Your Parents will totally let You Ride a Sunday B.S!

To The Next T.M I Say... Stand Up To Bear Corp, Stand Up To The Guys Running Sunday/Odyssey/G-Sport & Say Sunday Should NOT Be Putting Out Crap Like This! Let's Get Back To Being The Premium, Top Spec, BEST Parts On The Market Company That We Once Were!!!!!

5/12/2014 10:11 PM

he's moving on to bigger things

5/12/2014 10:35 PM

Is it just me that still likes Sunday's brand image, although some (not all) of their new parts are pretty crap?

5/12/2014 10:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2014 10:52 PM

I personally highly dislike Sunday due to : their image , the colours , the Aaron Ross dick riders , and all the kids. I talked to some friends and explained it so I'm not re typing it , but the kids doing double whips on highlighter yellow bikes just wrecked my opinion on them. For about 2 months that's all they posted on facebook. I know people will give me shit but I hope Sunday does change their brand slightly , if they make good parts i'd buy it , just at the moment I don't like how they present themselves.

Bonus : I have an all black bike with 3 pegs , a coaster , no brakes , it had a big CULT sticker on the toptube and some kid asked if it was an Aaron Ross complete , no joke. He was serious too.

Deadline Motherfucker

Check out my STOLEN whip here

5/12/2014 11:05 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: I personally highly dislike Sunday due to : their image , the colours , the Aaron Ross dick riders , and all the kids. I talked to some friends and explained it so I'm not re typing it , but the kids doing double whips on highlighter yellow bikes just wrecked my opinion on them. For about 2 months that's all they posted on facebook. I know people will give me shit but I hope Sunday does change their brand slightly , if they make good parts i'd buy it , just at the moment I don't like how they present themselves.

Bonus : I have an all black bike with 3 pegs , a coaster , no brakes , it had a big CULT sticker on the toptube and some kid asked if it was an Aaron Ross complete , no joke. He was serious too.

Sounds like you're judging the company by its cover. Who cares if a company makes funky colors? Don't get it, or spray it. The quality & specs should be what brings you in, not just because one of their riders wants certain colors for their signature parts.

Function > Form


Although I'm not saying you're wrong, you're entitled to your opinion but I'm just responding to it.

5/12/2014 11:27 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Sounds like you're judging the company by its cover. Who cares if a company makes funky colors? Don't get it, or spray it. The quality & specs should be what brings you in, not just because one of their riders wants certain colors for their signature parts.

Function > Form


Although I'm not saying you're wrong, you're entitled to your opinion but I'm just responding to it.

This. I really don't like Sunday's image. In fact it's complete shit compared to T1's. But I'm still picking up a Soundwave just because of how well designed it is. Plus the lifetime warranty doesn't hurt.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

5/12/2014 11:56 PM

i love my watermelon green funday!

brakeless maniac

5/13/2014 12:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2014 12:06 AM

Topsey wrote: Collin is right on this one. I LOVED Sunday. My Second Wave is one of the best Frames I've had the pleasure of Riding. I went in a different direction with My Riding style & I Would've jumped on a Broadcaster & theeeeen NO 41Thermal = NOPE! Their Saker Cranks? More Like Saker-Shit (Sack Of Shit for anyone who doesn't catch My drift!) I became HIGHLY disappointed with the direction Sunday were taking! The Soundwave great Frame, I'd consider one of the Red or Tan ones if there weren't Frames out there that appealed to My Riding style more! Sunday need someone to come in, not pander to little kids that want to be Aaron Ross & get back to being a real Hardcore Street Company like they marketed the 1st & 2nd Wave Frames too! None of this well groomed, we're lovely Your Parents will totally let You Ride a Sunday B.S!

To The Next T.M I Say... Stand Up To Bear Corp, Stand Up To The Guys Running Sunday/Odyssey/G-Sport & Say Sunday Should NOT Be Putting Out Crap Like This! Let's Get Back To Being The Premium, Top Spec, BEST Parts On The Market Company That We Once Were!!!!!

THIS.

Also this is just my opinion but if sunday wanted to offer cheap catalog parts they should've done an offshoot brand like shadow did with rant, kink did with mission etc, the cheap parts to me just take away from the brand and what they used to stand for. I was also really disappointed with the broadcaster having no 41 thermal. I'd love to be on a sunday again but their one frame that is spec'd how i want doesn't have the amazing warranty.

5/13/2014 6:04 AM

Odyssey; G-Sport; Sunday

Think about it for a minute. Which of those brands is the top spec in what they do? Your answer should be: all of them.

Odyssey - top spec in the parts dept.
G-Sport - top spec in rims and hubs.
Sunday - top spec in frames, forks, bars.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Sunday being the economic parts brand. I'm able to look at the individual parts and judge them on their own. What's unfortunate is that the mentality of most people is that just because the cranks are catalog, somehow, by the forces of bmx idiots, that means the frames and/or the entire brand is shit. I'm not saying that about anyone here, but you know this happens, and that's why the offshoot brand idea would have been the better route to take.

In my opinion, the ODY/GS/S people do not need another top spec parts brand, just as I am sure they thought so as well. But the prevalent mentality of kids and young adults is a sort of guilt by association. "Oh dude, you have a Broadcaster?! Sunday sucks." Idiots!

Fondouche, out. *mic drop*

5/13/2014 9:21 AM

"BMX as a whole has never seemed brighter when you consider how amazing riders are today and when you look at the progress of the younger riders it’s clear that things are going to only get crazier. I’m very excited to cheer it all on from the sidelines.” -Jim C.

I'm sure Sunday will miss him.

http://bmx.transworld.net/1000195530/news/jim-cielencki-leaves-sunday-bikes/

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/13/2014 9:24 AM

My bad. I didn't see that Sunday posted a link on the thread last night.

Bike Check
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/13/2014 10:10 AM

....an aaron ross takeover.......

im kidding. hopefully the company stays as-is for all the people who live and die by Sunday.

Wallride everything.



ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher

5/13/2014 10:10 AM

People grow up and move on. Trust me, I love bmx, and always will enjoy pedaling a bmx bike, and building bikes, and all that. But it's absolute no surprise that the industry itself is self-destructing. I can't go on any website but The Merged, Vital forums, or BG because all I see is crap. Two bmx guys fighting in person, two annoying online personalities talking crap about each other, one specifically who doesn't know how to shut up. Then you hear about shady things like the Sunday/Hoder issue (and I'm not out to make Jim seem like a bad guy here) or guys leaving teams over instagram posts, or others walking onto new teams before they're off others, it's all un-necessary drama. I can't imagine living in that all for so long. I think Jim C. deserved to leave and do whatever he wants to, while watching it all from a distance, and I'm stoked for him.

5/13/2014 10:33 AM

marianoleonczik wrote: People grow up and move on. Trust me, I love bmx, and always will enjoy pedaling a bmx bike, and building bikes, and all that. But it's absolute no surprise that the industry itself is self-destructing. I can't go on any website but The Merged, Vital forums, or BG because all I see is crap. Two bmx guys fighting in person, two annoying online personalities talking crap about each other, one specifically who doesn't know how to shut up. Then you hear about shady things like the Sunday/Hoder issue (and I'm not out to make Jim seem like a bad guy here) or guys leaving teams over instagram posts, or others walking onto new teams before they're off others, it's all un-necessary drama. I can't imagine living in that all for so long. I think Jim C. deserved to leave and do whatever he wants to, while watching it all from a distance, and I'm stoked for him.

I agree with what you're saying. Recently the only thing I've really cared about in BMX is my bike, and riding it; I don't care as much about the media surrounding BMX, apart from edits, but I don't even watch many of them anymore. I enjoy it more like this.

5/13/2014 10:40 AM

I have always loved Sunday. Frames. The forks are quite good as well, and the bars ain't bad. Lifetime warranty is a big bonus. I recently broke my second wave (RIP) and wanted a broadcaster to replace it. That's when I realized it wasn't 41 therm and had no warranty. So I'm now on a soundwave. I dig it. Feels nice, still lifetime warranty.

Anywho, I will agree with fad3r in that they should have kept the Sunday brand with quality parts and came out with a 'Monday' line for all the shit little parts. I am indifferent to Jim C's moving on. I'm sure that since he's well established what the Sunday brand (mostly) should be the brand will continue in a similar direction regardless of who becomes the new BM. Yes, there are a lot of annoying little kids that ride Aaron's dick but at the same time there are people like me who realize there's the rest of the team. People who don't forget back when Ian Schwartz was still keepin' it real with Sunday and play that into their current image. Whoever takes over for Jim I'm sure will not disappoint and will do a fantastic job and will keep the warranty and continue progressing part quality and design. Or at least I hope.

FTW!


I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

Post a Reply to: Jim C. Leaving Sunday

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm