4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Just pissed.....

7/24/2013 1:38 PM

So my front hub is a complete piece of shit. The bearings suck dick and it's blown out for the third time. And I also just stripped my axle today. I don't even torque the shit out of the axle bolts but my friend did the first time and cracked an axle bolt which was fine after I replaced them. Kink says they can't warranty it since they already warrantied it for free when my friend broke the first Viridian 1 hub. And they can only send me free bearings the first time the hub blows out. So now I'm screwed cause I can't get to school and there were many people who wanted to trade my hub and buy it. This sucks major ass.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/24/2013 1:49 PM

I want to know how to get the axle re-threaded without using that gay helicoil shit. I am so screwed because I don't have the money to get the crash replacement and if I do, it's gonna be a bitch to re-lace my wheel again.

Latest Bike Check/Update

7/24/2013 2:07 PM

Hello whine one one, we need a waambulance here asap

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/24/2013 2:09 PM

take the axle nut that isnt stripped and force tread it on the axle that is stripped, and make sure it is lubed up with some WD40 or JB80 or something like that to keep it clean and lubed

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/24/2013 2:16 PM

SickDude wrote: Hello whine one one, we need a waambulance here asap

I would be just as pissed.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

7/24/2013 2:23 PM

get a new one.. it's just a stock hub.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/24/2013 2:32 PM

you have to use a die to rethread it without a helicoil but a basic 3/8 axle uses a wierd thread count and they dont have a die for that size readily available... so you can rethread it using a 3/8 24tpi and then just make sure to buy a new bolt for it.. btw your axle uses a 3/8 26tpi which again is not readily available. or you can try cleaning up the threads with a dremel. or you can ask kink how muc it is too buy a new axle.. if its male its prob only like 20 bucks or less. if its female it might be a little more..

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/24/2013 4:10 PM

txt me 9102736903 -- Jonathan

7/24/2013 4:16 PM

You are acting like this is just a huge fucking deal. Get a job and buy a hub and relace it yourself. Seriously, is this something to type up a long paragraph over?

Filmer for Crux Division, TXL, DFW/OKC rider

7/24/2013 7:44 PM

TXLJHOPE wrote: You are acting like this is just a huge fucking deal. Get a job and buy a hub and relace it yourself. Seriously, is this something to type up a long paragraph over?

Fuck off. I would be pissed af. I was teasing him above. Hes 14 how is he gonna get a job? Broken parts aren't fun at all ya cunt

I ride for my papou.

7/24/2013 7:47 PM

SickDude wrote: Fuck off. I would be pissed af. I was teasing him above. Hes 14 how is he gonna get a job? Broken parts aren't fun at all ya cunt

im 14 toojobs are so hard to come by ive had like 4 rejections this summer

7/24/2013 7:55 PM

chad88 wrote: im 14 toojobs are so hard to come by ive had like 4 rejections this summer

Same haha. Next year imma fet madbuck

I ride for my papou.

7/24/2013 8:18 PM

What's this guy's #? I might be able to hook him up...

7/24/2013 10:29 PM

jj0996 wrote: take the axle nut that isnt stripped and force tread it on the axle that is stripped, and make sure it is lubed up with some WD40 or JB80 or something like that to keep it clean and lubed

I already tried it. Weird but I finally re-greased the bolts just today after leaving them with old grease for over half a year. Must've grabbed onto the threads to much and stripped the axle out or something like that.

Latest Bike Check/Update

7/24/2013 10:30 PM

TXLJHOPE wrote: You are acting like this is just a huge fucking deal. Get a job and buy a hub and relace it yourself. Seriously, is this something to type up a long paragraph over?

Easy to say for you. I'm 15 and I don't even know what kind of job to get and I don't even have any experience of any sort besides some from school.

Latest Bike Check/Update

7/24/2013 10:31 PM

VinKreepo wrote: What's this guy's #? I might be able to hook him up...

916-259-5640. Let me know what you have. I might be getting the Boulevard hub soon instead unless you've got something good for cheap.

Latest Bike Check/Update

7/24/2013 10:33 PM

Mikel8149 wrote: get a new one.. it's just a stock hub.

Stock hub my ass.. It's aftermarket but way worse than even a stock hub honestly.

Latest Bike Check/Update

7/24/2013 10:40 PM

you can go to home depot and buy a re-tap it only works sometimes though and its expensive.

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face

California Living

7/24/2013 10:55 PM

feeble_to_face wrote: you can go to home depot and buy a re-tap it only works sometimes though and its expensive.

Yeah, I wouldn't risk it. Might as well save up and get a new hub. People wanted to trade but I don't know anymore..

Latest Bike Check/Update

7/24/2013 11:45 PM

That hub sucks donkey ass. So glad I got rid of it when I did.

7/24/2013 11:55 PM

I don't see what the problem with using a helicoil is, they work wonders. Yes, the early Ratchets had helicoil problems but that was a problem, and not that all helicoils strip out. And it would of been much worse without the helicoil. A helicoil is 6x less prone to stripping than Aluminium thread (Albeit with a non-problematic helicoil and an ordinary grade Aluminium unlike the high grade Aluminium used for Ratchet axles, but still).

And Re-Tapping an Axle really isn't hard.

7/25/2013 8:58 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote: So my front hub is a complete piece of shit. The bearings suck dick and it's blown out for the third time. And I also just stripped my axle today. I don't even torque the shit out of the axle bolts but my friend did the first time and cracked an axle bolt which was fine after I replaced them. Kink says they can't warranty it since they already warrantied it for free when my friend broke the first Viridian 1 hub. And they can only send me free bearings the first time the hub blows out. So now I'm screwed cause I can't get to school and there were many people who wanted to trade my hub and buy it. This sucks major ass.

Find a local bearing shop that sells bearings for like 5 bucks each, and get a set. Boom 10 dollar fix on the bearings.

As to the axle, helicoil or try to find a threader, or an axle to fit.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/25/2013 9:14 AM

chad88 wrote: im 14 toojobs are so hard to come by ive had like 4 rejections this summer

Mow lawns, most profitable job I ever had. I could get 2 lawns a day at $20 a piece.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
"Life's a pizza. Eat it."
-Gary Ginch
"omg u own a truck and drive boots let me fuck you"
-xxOhioanxx
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
#cantbancollin
#savefastplants
#hungandsexless
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7/25/2013 9:20 AM

i am 16, and I have been walking the neighborhood dogs for 3 years now

it is really easy and I pull about 100 a month during the summer

i also house sit for a few of my neighbors and water their plants, pick up their mail for 25 a week plus tip

i know it sucks to have something break, but just try to fix it, and i you cant, get a new one when you can afford one

during the year, i am a reporter for school football, and that brings me like 400 per season

just ask neighbors if they need any help, thats how i get my jobs

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
"no one cares you goon i'm practically a girl"-Sickdude/Krooked
shitlist: timedrifter, rxking, crazyclark, _reyesbmx_, thuglifebmxriderz
http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/ http://deviantbmxer.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

7/25/2013 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2013 12:24 PM

There's plenty of ways to make money just use your skull and think of shit.
I used to go look for old game consoles and shit at yard sales and get em for like 5 bucks. Then I'd tear em apart, clean everything out, replace anything missing/broken and sell them for mad cash money. The parts were only ever like 70 cents.

Now I just do tons of work for family members everyday since I'm still avoiding actually getting a job. I make like 160 a week though which is ace for my age just working through family.

Anywho, that's shitty. But trust me there's money plenty of places you just gotta figure out what works.

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/25/2013 12:48 PM

Sell candy and shit at the skatepark. I did/do it and I i bring in easy profits.

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/25/2013 12:55 PM

SickDude wrote: Hello whine one one, we need a waambulance here asap

hahaha

would you like a glass of wine with that whining

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/25/2013 12:56 PM

FuckYoCult wrote: Sell candy and shit at the skatepark. I did/do it and I i bring in easy profits.

Good shit right there! People are way too lazy to get their own!

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/25/2013 1:00 PM

FuckYoCult wrote: Sell candy and shit at the skatepark. I did/do it and I i bring in easy profits.

one of the best ideas ever haha, I did that at school and tripled my money everyday for like two months before the school made me stop selling

THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT SKOOTERY
Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90, dirtstars22
text me323.245.2827

Post a Reply to: Just pissed.....

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm