4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Key Chain is out

5/21/2014 3:39 PM


A picture is worth one thousand words

Bang Bang bmx

5/21/2014 4:44 PM

Cool

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/21/2014 4:55 PM

Really don't get the hype I see this shit everywhere. They took forever to produce it so why should they get my money? (Same how I feel about the Eclat Blind coaster)

It's just a chain.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

5/21/2014 4:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2014 5:00 PM

I can see myself buying this eventually, but I'm defo waitin' a while to hear some legit reviews first.

That hex threaded master link kinda sketches me out tho. Time will tell I guess.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


5/21/2014 5:00 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Really don't get the hype I see this shit everywhere. They took forever to produce it so why should they get my money? (Same how I feel about the Eclat Blind coaster)

It's just a chain.

The reason they should get your money is because they took forever to produce it. It has been in the works for years. If you want products to be rushed, you'll end up with low quality parts.

This is just a chain in the same way a hurricane is just a storm, a lion is just a cat, etc. I could talk about all the benefits, but the description tells you all you need to know.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/21/2014 5:12 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Really don't get the hype I see this shit everywhere. They took forever to produce it so why should they get my money? (Same how I feel about the Eclat Blind coaster)

It's just a chain.

Probably the dumbest logic i have ever read.

they have to make it with the least amount of flaws possible. The more they come across the more they have to fix and the better it ends up getting.
Thats like saying when the G-Coaster finally comes out "Oh no they took to long to make it perfect, I'm not going to buy it and get a Odyssey Reloader instead because it came out soon after it was leaked and its nice and unreliable"

Other than that i will probably buy the solid one and it looks tough as tits but still no 415 Street chain

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/21/2014 6:16 PM

How do you break it? In the description they say you dont need a chain breaker but idont get how you break it then.. also they do have a solid one for 35.

5/21/2014 6:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2014 6:29 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote: How do you break it? In the description they say you dont need a chain breaker but idont get how you break it then.. also they do have a solid one for 35.

Allen / hex key

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


5/21/2014 6:38 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote: How do you break it? In the description they say you dont need a chain breaker but idont get how you break it then.. also they do have a solid one for 35.

Soulrebelrastaman wrote: Allen / hex key

but how? the pins are rounded.... does it mean you use a chain breaker to make the orginal break then do the pin afterwards?

5/21/2014 6:50 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote: but how? the pins are rounded.... does it mean you use a chain breaker to make the orginal break then do the pin afterwards?

Yes. It comes with an adapter. It takes around twice the normal force to push the pin out, but you only need to do it once so it won't be too bad.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/21/2014 7:31 PM

I plan on getting one but it will probably be the solid version, don't really care to pay extra for the hollowed out pins.

5/21/2014 7:48 PM

Getting rid of all the gold on my bike and have to make my mind up on a chain. Was going to get a 410h but this looks intriguing. But then again I don't really need the strength of this and the kmc is cheap and plenty strong. And the kmc is cheaper. Eh. Making my mind up in this post. Kmc. When I snap it I'm taking it as a sign from the bmx gods I should spend a bigger dollar on a chain. But it looks like they took a bluebird and pumped steroids through it. And then added a revolutionary masterlink design.

5/21/2014 9:27 PM

I have no problems with 1664 half link ballin chains or kmc 510s

5/21/2014 9:55 PM

jamiespadina wrote: Probably the dumbest logic i have ever read.

they have to make it with the least amount of flaws possible. The more they come across the more they have to fix and the better it ends up getting.
Thats like saying when the G-Coaster finally comes out "Oh no they took to long to make it perfect, I'm not going to buy it and get a Odyssey Reloader instead because it came out soon after it was leaked and its nice and unreliable"

Other than that i will probably buy the solid one and it looks tough as tits but still no 415 Street chain

Fuck you lol

Idk A chain is a chain , I never snap mine. So much time for a chain? Don't get it most 510 chains are good enough for riding now.

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

5/21/2014 10:22 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Fuck you lol

Idk A chain is a chain , I never snap mine. So much time for a chain? Don't get it most 510 chains are good enough for riding now.

"Good enough" can always be better.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/21/2014 10:30 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote: Really don't get the hype I see this shit everywhere. They took forever to produce it so why should they get my money? (Same how I feel about the Eclat Blind coaster)

It's just a chain.

No need for a chain breaker.. Less tools to carry around. Look at cod it takes them a year to make not that good of a game. But if you gave them 4 years to make a game it should be a fucking good game.. Same with parts it's tested to failure the. Fixed and so on.

Bang Bang bmx

5/22/2014 12:48 AM

so the only plus to the hollow is lighter, but weaker pins yes? if that is the case, solid pin version for me in 3 weeks when i get payed!! though i gotta buy a train ticket to get to Topseys crib.



NEW Bike check

5/22/2014 7:53 AM

$35? No thanks. My maximum on chains is $20, so I'll be sticking with 510's with half links. If I want to get all fancy I'll get a Bluebird.

5/22/2014 8:57 AM

I may give it a try. It beats 60+ I would end up spending on another 1G8, and maybe it will last me a while.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/22/2014 9:52 AM

EddiMundo wrote: so the only plus to the hollow is lighter, but weaker pins yes? if that is the case, solid pin version for me in 3 weeks when i get payed!! though i gotta buy a train ticket to get to Topseys crib.

The hollow pins should be at least as strong as your average pin. Remember, they're 5mm diameter, not the standard 3mm. Kinda like a solid 19mm spindle versus a hollow 22mm spindle.

I'm personally getting the hollow version if Dan's gets them since I have rewards points. If Dan's doesn't get them, I'm buying a gun and one bullet instead.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/22/2014 10:09 AM

Just get a Wipperman

"When I get a new bike I'm taking a shitload of pre-workout suppliments and going fucking crazy the first day and flip - whip off a roof !"

Check out my STOLEN whip here

5/23/2014 12:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2014 12:08 PM

"Hollow version is 300g, solid is 335g I think. However the hollow pin is also a little bit harder to push the pins out of because the hole through the middle makes it easier to rivet the ends over extra hard. I would highly recommend the hollow pin version as it is lighter AND even stronger, AND using the above tricks you don't need a chainbreaker." -G

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

Post a Reply to: Key Chain is out

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm