4li2k73z   Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Maxxis Holy Roller - Legit on Street?

4/6/2007 2:03 AM

I just wanted to get an opinion before I dropped some coin on these rolls. Give me the good, bad and ugly.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/6/2007 5:41 AM

maybe if you stuck a holly roller tire on the front wheel and a street one in the back which is the common setup of tires nowadays. there not so bad of a tire but i would use it for mainly dirt since the tire treads are made more for dirt. you can always get a street one in the back anyone that would suit you.

4/6/2007 11:11 AM

if u want that put it in front then get a primo wall ride tire in the rear, the best tire ever

4/6/2007 11:17 AM

Yeah... I pick up what you're throwing down. Tires are so damn mystical lately. All this trying to find the perfect tire BS is bogging me down. Low pressure tires are heavy and high pressure tires are, well, high pressure (my roads are rough). I'll get it right eventually.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/6/2007 11:22 AM

OV4LIFE wrote: if u want that put it in front then get a primo wall ride tire in the rear, the best tire ever

OV4LIFE wrote:
if u want that put it in front then get a primo wall ride tire in the rear, the best tire ever

I've heard good stuff about that tire. Does it hold up as well as they say?

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/6/2007 11:31 AM

OV4LIFE wrote: if u want that put it in front then get a primo wall ride tire in the rear, the best tire ever

humbleSage wrote: OV4LIFE wrote:

Tioga Comp IIIs. All-time greatest tire.

Oh, and before some of y'all throw a fit, I'm kidding. It is the greatest tire ever, though.

No one can defeat the Quad Laser!

4/6/2007 11:41 AM

humbleSage wrote: OV4LIFE wrote:

GMGuinn wrote: Tioga Comp IIIs. All-time greatest tire.

Oh, and before some of y'all throw a fit, I'm kidding. It is the greatest tire ever, though.

GMGuinn wrote:
Tioga Comp IIIs. All-time greatest tire.

Oh yeah... Those will never never die. Well, as long as they stop paving trails.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/6/2007 1:15 PM

omg that tire does everything,, when i got this tire i could actually wall ride hella better, the tire sticks to the wall and doesnt slide,,, i have road it on dirt to and its fine,, but for street its my fav tire

4/6/2007 2:07 PM

OV4LIFE wrote: omg that tire does everything,, when i got this tire i could actually wall ride hella better, the tire sticks to the wall and doesnt slide,,, i have road it on dirt to and its fine,, but for street its my fav tire

i like tioga fs100 there nice on street i dont ride a lot of dirt so im not sher about that as for the primo wall its a good tire to but one time i had a rim with a realy bad hop in it and the primo wall kept popping off

4/6/2007 3:13 PM

OV4LIFE wrote: omg that tire does everything,, when i got this tire i could actually wall ride hella better, the tire sticks to the wall and doesnt slide,,, i have road it on dirt to and its fine,, but for street its my fav tire

zero hero wrote: i like tioga fs100 there nice on street i dont ride a lot of dirt so im not sher about that as for the primo wall its a good tire to but one time i had a rim with a realy bad hop in it and the primo wall kept popping off

i like the odyssey path tire it rules its high psi for the street and good grip and i havent once popped a tire in it as long as you keep the pressure up.

4/6/2007 5:32 PM

primo wall ride,,, is the best, nothing else

4/6/2007 6:01 PM

OV4LIFE wrote: primo wall ride,,, is the best, nothing else

i use fly rubens, best tires i ever used so far. plus i dont run high psi i go like 50 in the back and about 60 in the front. plus my secret i use baby powder in the tires to prevent pinch flats. so far i havent got a flat since the summer or before that when i never used baby powder

4/7/2007 7:26 AM

joe rides bicycles wrote: i use fly rubens, best tires i ever used so far. plus i dont run high psi i go like 50 in the back and about 60 in the front. plus my secret i use baby powder in the tires to prevent pinch flats. so far i havent got a flat since the summer or before that when i never used baby powder

I'm pretty sure I've seen some 'pros' riding that tire up front. I say go for it.

4/7/2007 7:49 AM

joe rides bicycles wrote: i use fly rubens, best tires i ever used so far. plus i dont run high psi i go like 50 in the back and about 60 in the front. plus my secret i use baby powder in the tires to prevent pinch flats. so far i havent got a flat since the summer or before that when i never used baby powder

GMGuinn wrote: I'm pretty sure I've seen some 'pros' riding that tire up front. I say go for it.

GMGuinn wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've seen some 'pros' riding that tire up front. I say go for it.

For $26/pair, I think I'm going to buy them and try them as a set first. If I need lower rolling resistance or better acceleration after a few rides, I'll slap semi-slick back on the rear. That may be the only way to know for sure.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/7/2007 7:54 AM

GMGuinn wrote: I'm pretty sure I've seen some 'pros' riding that tire up front. I say go for it.

humbleSage wrote: GMGuinn wrote:

For $26/pair, I think I'm going to buy them and try them as a set first. If I need lower rolling resistance or better acceleration after a few rides, I'll slap semi-slick back on the rear. That may be the only way to know for sure.

I agree. If you won't feel put out by spending the money do what you're doing. Apply that Scientific Method, son! Godspeed...

4/7/2007 7:59 AM

GMGuinn wrote: I agree. If you won't feel put out by spending the money do what you're doing. Apply that Scientific Method, son! Godspeed...

GMGuinn wrote:
I agree. If you won't feel put out by spending the money do what you're doing. Apply that Scientific Method, son! Godspeed...

Ahhh... Science. The lost art.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/7/2007 2:18 PM

GMGuinn wrote: I agree. If you won't feel put out by spending the money do what you're doing. Apply that Scientific Method, son! Godspeed...

holy rollers are a pretty good tire just not for the back. I found that one out when i put it in the back and a Miracle in the front.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

4/7/2007 6:21 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: holy rollers are a pretty good tire just not for the back. I found that one out when i put it in the back and a Miracle in the front.

TumblerBmx wrote:
holy rollers are a pretty good tire just not for the back. I found that one out when i put it in the back and a Miracle in the front.

That wouldn't be a setup I would even try. No worries.

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/7/2007 8:27 PM

TumblerBmx wrote: holy rollers are a pretty good tire just not for the back. I found that one out when i put it in the back and a Miracle in the front.

humbleSage wrote: TumblerBmx wrote:

if you ride straight up street or park go with some park/street for front and back your not going to need a dirt tire unless your going to ride dirt tires, if you do those and also dirt go with a dirt front and a back street

4/7/2007 11:13 PM

humbleSage wrote: TumblerBmx wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote: if you ride straight up street or park go with some park/street for front and back your not going to need a dirt tire unless your going to ride dirt tires, if you do those and also dirt go with a dirt front and a back street

joe rides bicycles wrote:
if you ride straight up street or park go with some park/street for front and back your not going to need a dirt tire unless your going to ride dirt tires, if you do those and also dirt go with a dirt front and a back street

After some thought...

I have decided to go for a M-Tread 2.1 rear and a Holy Roller 2.2 front. My head hurts.

Post edited by: humbleSage, at: 4/8/2007 7:32 AM

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

8/29/2013 6:41 AM

Holy roller is legit on any terrain
Post a Reply to: Maxxis Holy Roller - Legit on Street?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm