4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Maxxis Tires?

6/14/2014 9:55 AM

Ive have been a fan of Maxxis tires for awhile. Ive had M-Treads and Miracles, both great tires. Ive been looking at the DTH's and Grifters. Wondering how these tires perform? Ride mostly Park and Dirt, light street.

6/14/2014 10:19 AM

If they hold up for Morgan Wade they'll hold up to you

6/14/2014 11:15 AM

Rizers look LEGIT!

6/14/2014 11:22 AM

Topsey wrote: Rizers look LEGIT!

This is the first Ive heard of these, I like'em.

6/14/2014 11:26 AM

adamnmexican wrote: If they hold up for Morgan Wade they'll hold up to you

This is very true. He's ran Holy Roller in Front and Grifter in back for years I guess. I wonder how well Holy Rollers would work for park though?

6/14/2014 12:14 PM

I want to try some mirracle tires but can't even buy them on the site now .....used to ride mad daddy's and holy rollers back in the day

6/14/2014 12:50 PM

eskimojay wrote: I want to try some mirracle tires but can't even buy them on the site now .....used to ride mad daddy's and holy rollers back in the day

Yeah, I rode a Miracle on the rear for almost 3 years, now I keep it as a spare. Its been a great tire, I was a little skeptical at first but loved it.
Are Holy Rollers a pretty good all round tire?

6/14/2014 12:58 PM

I have a hookworm on my DJ and they're legit ! Slightly heavy but who the fuck cares

Puberty hit Hermoine like a bus...

#Lacehubsnotweed

Check out my whip here

6/14/2014 1:01 PM

Holy rollers work for everything but best on dirt forsure

6/14/2014 7:59 PM

Isn't the rizer Devon Smillie's sig tire or something? And it looks pretty rad

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

6/15/2014 7:39 AM

DTH's from what I recall were set up mainly for racing as they have among the lowest rolling resistance out there and are decently light. I didn't have too many customers when I worked at the shop that bought them, so I never got a solid idea of how long they last at a track, let alone on the streets.parks.

I recall the sidwalls being thinner, so if you grind like I do, no worries, but if you grind like most of the kids out there and drag tire super badly, that may not be a good thing.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

6/15/2014 1:09 PM

eskimojay wrote: Holy rollers work for everything but best on dirt forsure

this, a lot of people in my town and neighboring areas used to rock them a while ago, and they lasted for everyone for everything lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/16/2014 8:40 PM

The Maxxis grifter are worth every penny. Dirt riding? I only rode with grifter on the back wheel. Park riding? Super solid tire, not much flex to the tire? A big pain in the a** to get on the rim.. Tire lasted me for years till a piece of glass sliced it.

Mirraco is my ride!!

6/16/2014 8:53 PM

I'd get the rizer. Seems super legit.

6/17/2014 8:21 AM

eskimojay wrote: I want to try some mirracle tires but can't even buy them on the site now .....used to ride mad daddy's and holy rollers back in the day

michael.eckhart wrote: Yeah, I rode a Miracle on the rear for almost 3 years, now I keep it as a spare. Its been a great tire, I was a little skeptical at first but loved it.

I ran Holy Rollers for a year or so, they decent on dirt, but nothing specialy on street. I asked Bob to get me some street tires, he told me he would take care of it, and that's what he ordered. Told me no returns, so I ran them. I was bummed about getting dirt tires but they worked ok.

When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same, out there for the fun of it, the challenge of progression, and the personal accountability we have for the results we get. There are no teams to let down, no coaches to scream about a missed pedal, and no obstacles that cannot be overcome.

6/17/2014 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2014 10:04 AM

michael.eckhart wrote: Yeah, I rode a Miracle on the rear for almost 3 years, now I keep it as a spare. Its been a great tire, I was a little skeptical at first but loved it.

i ran a holy roller in the front a while back. it was a decent tire and it had alright grip but it can only hold up to 60psi and it didn't last me quite as long as i hoped. it's mostly meant for dirt but i ride 99% street and park lol

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike

6/17/2014 11:20 AM

I know Devon Smillie helped design the Maxxis Rizer and swears by it. Devon knows what he's doing.

6/17/2014 3:41 PM

kylecarlson wrote: I know Devon Smillie helped design the Maxxis Rizer and swears by it. Devon knows what he's doing.

I'd ride them then !

Puberty hit Hermoine like a bus...

#Lacehubsnotweed

Check out my whip here

6/18/2014 5:39 PM

I ride with grifters and they've held up great for me

6/18/2014 9:49 PM

Grifter tyres are fucking boss ! I love mine.

YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceiimember
Check out my Ebay Channel
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/cellmember
Vital Bmx Ref's / Username: Cellmember
SOLD TO-xXxbeans,bmx_is_rad,tierra3
Bmx-Forum Ref's / Username: Cellmember
SOLD TO-itsjoshua,1996kc,JUSZT1N,getkinky,bmxisrad,GUMP,Riian,United.,DanPedals,jLay,xXxbeans

6/18/2014 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone for the serious input so far, I appreciate it. Sounds like the Grifters are favored overall and I dont know to much about the Rizers but I'll have to look into them more.

6/19/2014 12:14 AM

I had the M-Tread, a little heavy but they're very durable tires.

I ran Minions F and Minions R as well on my MTB.
I will never run another brand of tires on my mountain bike.

╭∩╮(︶︵︶)╭∩╮

It's sad when everyone takes the side of the pathological liar.
i bet he doesn't even tighten the bolts because he just tears it down after building it.

Post a Reply to: Maxxis Tires?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm