4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

Maxxis Tires?

6/14/2014 9:55 AM

Ive have been a fan of Maxxis tires for awhile. Ive had M-Treads and Miracles, both great tires. Ive been looking at the DTH's and Grifters. Wondering how these tires perform? Ride mostly Park and Dirt, light street.

6/14/2014 10:19 AM

If they hold up for Morgan Wade they'll hold up to you

6/14/2014 11:15 AM

Rizers look LEGIT!

6/14/2014 11:22 AM

Topsey wrote: Rizers look LEGIT!

This is the first Ive heard of these, I like'em.

6/14/2014 11:26 AM

adamnmexican wrote: If they hold up for Morgan Wade they'll hold up to you

This is very true. He's ran Holy Roller in Front and Grifter in back for years I guess. I wonder how well Holy Rollers would work for park though?

6/14/2014 12:14 PM

I want to try some mirracle tires but can't even buy them on the site now .....used to ride mad daddy's and holy rollers back in the day

6/14/2014 12:50 PM

eskimojay wrote: I want to try some mirracle tires but can't even buy them on the site now .....used to ride mad daddy's and holy rollers back in the day

Yeah, I rode a Miracle on the rear for almost 3 years, now I keep it as a spare. Its been a great tire, I was a little skeptical at first but loved it.
Are Holy Rollers a pretty good all round tire?

6/14/2014 12:58 PM

I have a hookworm on my DJ and they're legit ! Slightly heavy but who the fuck cares

Deadline Motherfucker

Check out my STOLEN whip here

6/14/2014 1:01 PM

Holy rollers work for everything but best on dirt forsure

6/14/2014 7:59 PM

Isn't the rizer Devon Smillie's sig tire or something? And it looks pretty rad

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

6/15/2014 7:39 AM

DTH's from what I recall were set up mainly for racing as they have among the lowest rolling resistance out there and are decently light. I didn't have too many customers when I worked at the shop that bought them, so I never got a solid idea of how long they last at a track, let alone on the streets.parks.

I recall the sidwalls being thinner, so if you grind like I do, no worries, but if you grind like most of the kids out there and drag tire super badly, that may not be a good thing.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

6/15/2014 1:09 PM

eskimojay wrote: Holy rollers work for everything but best on dirt forsure

this, a lot of people in my town and neighboring areas used to rock them a while ago, and they lasted for everyone for everything lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/16/2014 8:40 PM

The Maxxis grifter are worth every penny. Dirt riding? I only rode with grifter on the back wheel. Park riding? Super solid tire, not much flex to the tire? A big pain in the a** to get on the rim.. Tire lasted me for years till a piece of glass sliced it.

Mirraco is my ride!!

6/16/2014 8:53 PM

I'd get the rizer. Seems super legit.

6/17/2014 8:21 AM

eskimojay wrote: I want to try some mirracle tires but can't even buy them on the site now .....used to ride mad daddy's and holy rollers back in the day

michael.eckhart wrote: Yeah, I rode a Miracle on the rear for almost 3 years, now I keep it as a spare. Its been a great tire, I was a little skeptical at first but loved it.

I ran Holy Rollers for a year or so, they decent on dirt, but nothing specialy on street. I asked Bob to get me some street tires, he told me he would take care of it, and that's what he ordered. Told me no returns, so I ran them. I was bummed about getting dirt tires but they worked ok.

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

6/17/2014 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2014 10:04 AM

michael.eckhart wrote: Yeah, I rode a Miracle on the rear for almost 3 years, now I keep it as a spare. Its been a great tire, I was a little skeptical at first but loved it.

i ran a holy roller in the front a while back. it was a decent tire and it had alright grip but it can only hold up to 60psi and it didn't last me quite as long as i hoped. it's mostly meant for dirt but i ride 99% street and park lol

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike

6/17/2014 11:20 AM

I know Devon Smillie helped design the Maxxis Rizer and swears by it. Devon knows what he's doing.

6/17/2014 3:41 PM

kylecarlson wrote: I know Devon Smillie helped design the Maxxis Rizer and swears by it. Devon knows what he's doing.

I'd ride them then !

Deadline Motherfucker

Check out my STOLEN whip here

6/18/2014 5:39 PM

I ride with grifters and they've held up great for me

6/18/2014 9:49 PM

Grifter tyres are fucking boss ! I love mine.

YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/cellmember
Check out my Ebay Channel
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/thecellmember
Vital Bmx Ref's / Username: Cellmember
SOLD TO-xXxbeans,bmx_is_rad,tierra3
Bmx-Forum Ref's / Username: Cellmember
SOLD TO-itsjoshua,1996kc,JUSZT1N,getkinky,bmxisrad,GUMP,Riian,United.,DanPedals,jLay,xXxbeans

6/18/2014 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone for the serious input so far, I appreciate it. Sounds like the Grifters are favored overall and I dont know to much about the Rizers but I'll have to look into them more.

6/19/2014 12:14 AM

I had the M-Tread, a little heavy but they're very durable tires.

I ran Minions F and Minions R as well on my MTB.
I will never run another brand of tires on my mountain bike.

╭∩╮(︶︵︶)╭∩╮

It's sad when everyone takes the side of the pathological liar.
i bet he doesn't even tighten the bolts because he just tears it down after building it.

Post a Reply to: Maxxis Tires?

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm