4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

MellonBMX BEST PHOTO CONTEST - Win $50

8/2/2012 2:37 AM

Mellon BMX is hosting a new Photo Contest, where you can win $50 with your photo.
Please read rules on THIS LINK, enter and good luck!!!

8/2/2012 5:25 AM

I entered this but I have no chance cause some guy has 300+ likes

8/2/2012 6:34 AM

Should be about the quality of the photo, not how many FB friends you can whore your shot out to.

8/2/2012 9:38 AM

The people who win these are always the ones with thousands of FB friends, it's ridiculous. Sort of like the contest to win Seeley's bike.

uuuuuuuuhhhh

8/2/2012 9:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2012 9:50 AM

yeah i don't know anyone who ever bothers to enter these kinds of contests, it's more or less a way for the company to whore their name out. So instead of spending thousands in advertising to websites the company pays someone $50 to spread their name to thousands via social networking and even the people who don't win are still spreading the companies name. Smart idea for the company but it's shitty as fuck to use potential customers as brand whores.

8/2/2012 10:49 AM

sbc785 wrote: yeah i don't know anyone who ever bothers to enter these kinds of contests, it's more or less a way for the company to whore their name out. So instead of spending thousands in advertising to websites the company pays someone $50 to spread their name to thousands via social networking and even the people who don't win are still spreading the companies name. Smart idea for the company but it's shitty as fuck to use potential customers as brand whores.

atleast its not spam emailing, I fucking hate those

Action Wheels Bike Shop. I'll learn bars and whips when I feel like it.
Follow me on instagram: scotteffting

8/2/2012 3:25 PM

well, they are just trying to help you guys out.

8/2/2012 5:26 PM

There's a website called fiverr where people will get your fanpage, photo, or whatever 1000 likes for $5.

8/2/2012 5:54 PM

It's cool that they do the contest and are willing to give $$ away, but they should definitely find a better way to determine the winner (I think by votes from other riders, not just FB friends) because if someone like Adam LZ, who has 5000 some friends, enters, people who are Facebook friends with their actual friends stand no chance.

Refs: element4all, kroller

8/2/2012 6:00 PM

Wow some guy has 900+ likes. The contest actually needs to be judged by the qualities of the photo. The guys behind Melon probably don't know how to judge photos though.
Post a Reply to: MellonBMX BEST PHOTO CONTEST - Win $50

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm