4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

My Garage sale bmx bike. it a wtp a Addict.

2/21/2014 4:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2014 5:50 PM

Hello vitalbmx guys and girls I got a story to tell you countdown 5.4.3.2.1 blast off. So today i was walking home from school like aways and i was just walking and listen to some music so i had seen a garage sale and i was like borrrrrrring kept on walking i was going to pass the house. Then i seen the dad bringing out a bike and i was like should i go look at it or not but then i told myself that i already have a bmx bike and i don't need two bikes plus i still needed to get my other half of my parts like forks pedals sprocket hubguard pegs tires etc. So I was thinking about going to look at it and i said it won't hurt just to look so I made my way to the bike and i was looking at it checking it out then the dad came over and we was talking about the bike. I ask him are you selling the bike and he said yes but he said i don't know how much to sell it for he ask me how much does this newer bmx bike go for i said it ranging from 200 to 1000 depending if it stock or custom he was like wow. Then he said that the bike was his son bike and he hasn't rode it for 1 or 2 years it was sitting in his shed i ask him about his son he said my son is in college he been for 1 years. So he said I'm going to call my son and ask him how much should he sell the bike for so they was talking then the dad give me the phone i was talking to him i was like. I'm at your parents garage sale your dad wants to sell your bike i ask him what kind of bike is it he said i think it a animal I'm not sure i knew it wasn't but i just took his word it had animal sticker on it. I also ask him what year is the bike he said 2010 and that when i bought it also he told me that he paid 400 or 500 for the bike. Then he ask me how much money did i have i told him 175 he wanted between 200 to 225 then he said OK well if you only have that much then I will sell it to you for 175 i said OK cool can you tell your dad that you want to sell it for that price. Then the dad said ok do you have the money and i said yes but it at home so i ran home to get my money then i had second thought of buying it or not i was thinking about it on the way there on buying it or not to buy the bike i could of change my mind but i didn't. So i was checking out the bike again for any dents cracks it didn't have none it only had scratches and grinding scratches scrape it had your basic wear n tear that bmx have and the pedals are worn down and the chain was rusty but the seat and bars forks grips was good condition. I ask him could i ride it before i buy it so he let ride the bike it felt good to me it wasn't nothing wrong with it felt like any other bike. I still had a chance to not buy the bike but i end up buying the bike i also got like an neighborly warranty that if anything happens to the bike. So that's my story on my new bike i just don't know what kind of bike it is if he said it was an animal i think it must be a skavenger because animal don't make bikes or fames. I give the condition of the bike like a 6 or 7 out of 10. I want to know was it a great deal or good deal or a bad deal did i get rip off should i went lower. What do you guys and girls think about it. I think i got a good deal. So I'm 99.9% that it is a skavenger but i could be wrong it could be any bike with animal stickers.

2/21/2014 4:29 PM

2/21/2014 4:36 PM

Damn Kid! You Got A Pretty Fucking Deece Bike There!! Some Pretty Rare Animal Parts on it! If You Replaced The Shitty Cheap Chain/Sprocket/Cranks & Pedals Everything Else Looks To Be Good To Last!

2/21/2014 4:43 PM

Should have said you had like $100 lol. $175 isn't that bad though.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/21/2014 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2014 4:52 PM

Sorry for the story it long

Topsey-I was going do that replace stuff.

Mikel- lol i should of said that but i didn't want to lie plus the son would hell no I want more. 175 wasn't bad

2/21/2014 5:03 PM

That's a steal dude! Seems dialed

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/21/2014 5:08 PM

great score man. I like it .

Mirraco is my ride!!

2/21/2014 5:22 PM

Thanks guys. I'm happy now that i did buy the bike. I can't wait until I get new parts. But I won't be getting new parts for this bike until i get done with my first bike and getting the rest of my parts.

2/21/2014 5:39 PM

Good catch dude. Id have seen the seat a mile away since every time I see a bike I have a radar for the animal. Looks good.

Wallride everything.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher

2/21/2014 5:42 PM

That's an amazing deal.

You know what my bike's name is? Bike.
That Emily chick does some damn good shovel work you should get her out at the trails-eskimojay
"Are there any downsides to your career?" "Yup-downside icepicks, but I've never been able to do downside double pegs."-Tony Hamlin
UPDATED BIKE CHECK

2/21/2014 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2014 5:58 PM

I wish i just knew what kind of bike this is. it kinda hard to look at bottom it all scratch up i only can see the serial number I'm going write it down. I try to go to skavenger site but in under construction. Can I try email animal about it.?

2/21/2014 5:58 PM

Thats a pretty good deal, seen that it has animal seat, probably seat post, tires. DO you know anything about the wheelset?

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/21/2014 6:13 PM

T-rider wrote: Thats a pretty good deal, seen that it has animal seat, probably seat post, tires. DO you know anything about the wheelset?

no nothing about the wheelset or the cranks. But everything else is animal seat seatpost pedals sprocket tires stems bars.

2/21/2014 6:15 PM

Actually I was just doing some research and that looks exacly like the 2008 Sputnic Skyline.

That Emily chick does some damn good shovel work you should get her out at the trails-eskimojay
"Are there any downsides to your career?" "Yup-downside icepicks, but I've never been able to do downside double pegs."-Tony Hamlin
UPDATED BIKE CHECK

2/21/2014 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2014 6:39 PM

Shortdude wrote: Actually I was just doing some research and that looks exacly like the 2008 Sputnic Skyline.

Are those bike good. Was it still a good deal?. I heard of sputnic bmx before. I'm looking it up right now it kinda do look like it does have the same brake mounts things in the same spot. But does all bikes with removable brakes all those in the same spot also.

2/21/2014 6:43 PM

Dont worry man, just ride that until you finish your other bike then start to build that one

2/21/2014 6:44 PM

I had a 2009 sputnik skyline. It was a sweet frame! Light and great geo. It got a big dent though, so i retired it. Idk if you have a skyline or not though. I just cant tell.

Check out my skavenger EL BLAAAAAAAAANCO LOCO!

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Magic

2/21/2014 6:47 PM

BMXSkater wrote: Dont worry man, just ride that until you finish your other bike then start to build that one

Thanks man I'm going stop worrying i hate when i do that. Yea I'm going ride both but I'm going finish my first bike. Then work on this bike.

2/21/2014 6:48 PM

Shortdude wrote: Actually I was just doing some research and that looks exacly like the 2008 Sputnic Skyline.

kidbmx0000 wrote: Are those bike good. Was it still a good deal?. I heard of sputnic bmx before. I'm looking it up right now it kinda do look like it does have the same brake mounts things in the same spot. But does all bikes with removable brakes all those in the same spot also.

It even has the same gigantic gap between the top tube and down tube where they connect to the head tube. Don't see that very often.

UPDATED BIKE CHECK

2/21/2014 6:53 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: I had a 2009 sputnik skyline. It was a sweet frame! Light and great geo. It got a big dent though, so i retired it. Idk if you have a skyline or not though. I just cant tell.

That why i said I'm might be wrong it could be any frame just with animal stickers on it. If it is a sputnic skyline frame that's be cool I heard good things about it.

2/21/2014 7:04 PM

kidbmx0000 wrote: Are those bike good. Was it still a good deal?. I heard of sputnic bmx before. I'm looking it up right now it kinda do look like it does have the same brake mounts things in the same spot. But does all bikes with removable brakes all those in the same spot also.

Shortdude wrote: It even has the same gigantic gap between the top tube and down tube where they connect to the head tube. Don't see that very often.

Does that mean anything┬┐ Or that how spuntic make there frame.

2/21/2014 7:29 PM

Sputnic Skyline had a wishbone.

2/21/2014 7:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2014 7:46 PM

Ok guys i just fought out what kind bike i have thanks to shortdude. It is a sputnic skyline v3 tony neyer signature frame. It came out in 2010. That the only tan frame that i can find that look like mines. I hope I'm right.

2/21/2014 8:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2014 8:27 PM

kidbmx0000 wrote: Ok guys i just fought out what kind bike i have thanks to shortdude. It is a sputnic skyline v3 tony neyer signature frame. It came out in 2010. That the only tan frame that i can find that look like mines. I hope I'm right.

Wrong. Like I said. The V3 (as well as V1 and V2) had a wishbone chainstay. You can see one here. Your frame also does not have a DT gusset, removable brake mounts or integrated seat clamp. And I bet it doesn't have a machined seat stay bridge either.

2/21/2014 8:34 PM

kidbmx0000 wrote: Ok guys i just fought out what kind bike i have thanks to shortdude. It is a sputnic skyline v3 tony neyer signature frame. It came out in 2010. That the only tan frame that i can find that look like mines. I hope I'm right.

Fondue wrote: Wrong. Like I said. The V3 (as well as V1 and V2) had a wishbone chainstay. You can see one here. Your frame also does not have a DT gusset, removable brake mounts or integrated seat clamp. And I bet it doesn't have a machined seat stay bridge either.

Ok I see it now. Well I give up i should of not brought it . I'm still going get new parts and ride it I'm not going waste 175.

2/21/2014 8:37 PM

and girls... LOL

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face

California Living

2/21/2014 9:04 PM

man your spelling

2/21/2014 9:12 PM

Dude I'm on my phone typing.

2/21/2014 9:13 PM

My guess from the color/cranks/sprocket is its a 2008 WTP 4Seasons.

Sorry the image is small my buddy had one and that frame looks identical.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/21/2014 9:34 PM

Brokenbmx wrote: My guess from the color/cranks/sprocket is its a 2008 WTP 4Seasons.

Sorry the image is small my buddy had one and that frame looks identical.

Ok if it is the wtp 4 season then why does my look different from the pics you have.
Post a Reply to: My Garage sale bmx bike. it a wtp a Addict.

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm