4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Participating Members

New Rims

12/8/2012 1:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2012 1:34 AM

Hey guys I am planning on replacing my rims soon and wanted some second opinions. Currently I have a chewed up kinda tweaked shadow stun in the back and an old shadow rota in the front which is almost half a pound heavier than most rims out now, but it's not that big of a deal. I am donating them to a friend building a bike to help him out. I'm thinking on getting some gsport birdcages in black but I'm still not sure yet. Also wondered if chrome would look bad on my bike since I have no chrome anywhere else. My bike is about 22 pounds without pegs and I ride cement parks and very little street. I am not a weight weenie as I got the bike set up light and won fit shivs. I'm open to hear what you guys suggest! I like to ride brakes sometimes that's why I was wondering if chrome would be gross or not. I don't know if I should ride light wheels to if it will make my bike less stable or just get whatever is good. I also added new parts since my bike check.

12/8/2012 2:27 AM

if you run a chrome rim with brakes it will work 110% better! brakes are amazing on chrome rims they stick soo good! and yes even though you dont have anything else chrom on your bike they will look fine

12/8/2012 5:00 AM

What bryant said.

12/8/2012 5:45 AM

Birdcages all around or birdcage in front and ribcage in the rear.

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | STLRS Facbook | STLRS Youtube Channel | Chuck8273 is king, bow to him |

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb

12/8/2012 6:04 AM

Brokenbmx got the right idea spend that lil extra if your getting new ones an they will last

12/8/2012 6:09 AM

i run the ribcage in the back and i just got a birdcage in the front and its amazing

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

12/8/2012 7:35 AM

Get them in black. Don't ruin that amazing color scheme.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco, element4all,

Animal - Guerra - Odyssey

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844
E-Mail - freddydapice@yahoo.com
Tumblr - http://freddydapice.tumblr.com ;
PSN - TheBrownWolf

12/8/2012 11:22 AM

Yeah I'm going to get black again. Either two roll cages or two bird cages I think. I think bird cages would be strong enough for me. I don't need ribs because either or these two would be more than strong enough for me and I like the red on black font. Yes I do care about looks. Shit I have 2 black sheeps on another bike and those hold up great which is why I recommend those on a budget because they are like pinned Hazard lites.

12/8/2012 11:24 AM

Clear pads on black works awesome to. I like to do steep abubacas and they hold me.

12/8/2012 12:37 PM

ano blue rims would also look so sick

12/8/2012 1:23 PM

Really? I like my blue seat but any more blue I think would turn me off. I never like red with heavy blue or opposite way around much.it makes it look like a kids bike to me for some reason. Reminds me of superman or Spiderman.

12/8/2012 1:36 PM

Get 2 black Ribcages you really can't go wrong
Strong af
Rollcages are also good never heard anything bad from friends.
I heard of pulling out spokes in Birdcages, that still doesn't change the fact that they are some beast rims, if they can hold up Dak i'm sure they'll work for you

Also consider 7KAs and Fly Rears

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Bike Check.

12/8/2012 2:20 PM

Thanks for the advice I'm still not sure out of all those they are all nice. I do want cross lace though. I feel like I should at least break it down to two and maybe flip a coin. I'm big on flipping coins. Because I'm so indecisive. Haha

12/8/2012 2:22 PM

I only do small drops to flat really and I like to flow. I would ride dirt a lot if I could.

12/8/2012 2:36 PM

Anybody have insight on a shadow orbis front? When I try to spell orbis my phone changes it to penis.lol

12/8/2012 3:14 PM

NextGenesis88 wrote: Anybody have insight on a shadow orbis front? When I try to spell orbis my phone changes it to penis.lol

This post made me lol. I would honestly hit Albes up and go for Ribcages laced to what you like, The Gsport hubs or not, apply the discount code "Tape" or whatever other code you want and see if it's in your price range. Or do rib out back and bird up front. I gotta buy a chrome birdcage laced to something black for my wife's front, and I already have a chrome 48h Ribcage laced to a Hazard v3 for her. At the moment, she has envy/ estate rims, but doesn't like the color.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/8/2012 3:48 PM

i got a bird in the back with ti spokes..bombproof
Post a Reply to: New Rims

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm